HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Draft Thread (Draft Lottery 4/10 8PM on NBC Sports)

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
I think I'll be long dead and buried before you leave the Alex Petrovic non-pick alone.

Hey, when Dalton Smith makes the team - in whatever facet, I'll leave it be. Until then...

Old
10-27-2011, 09:10 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palinka View Post
The most comparable player to someone like Antoine Vermette would be someone like Mike Fisher, who returned a first-rounder and a conditional pick. We're not talking about guys who are past their primes or never had a prime. To use Vermette as the example, the perception of him is of a 55-65 point player who can play both the PP and the PK, and will at least be doing something if he's not producing on the scoresheet. He's actually managed to do that before, so it's not a pipe dream to think that he can do it again.

You're making it sound like Todd Marchant is filling several spots in the top 12.
No one would ever confuse Vermette for Marchant. Marchant was actually a competent defender and a capable penalty killer on a championship team.

I got news for you--Vermette has never had a prime and never will. And if you think someone is dumb enough to give up a first rounder, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for you.

Old
10-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
No one would ever confuse Vermette for Marchant. Marchant was actually a competent defender and a capable penalty killer on a championship team.

I got news for you--Vermette has never had a prime and never will. And if you think someone is dumb enough to give up a first rounder, I've got some ocean front property in Arizona for you.
Yeah, we have plenty of guys capable of 50 points and competent two-way play. Not to derail a draft thread over Antoine Vermette, but you are being very near sighted here. Vermette had a 65 point season just two years ago.

Old
10-29-2011, 01:45 AM
Palinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post

I'll point out that the price to acquire Vermette was a second-rounder and a starting goalie, albeit one who was probably injured between the time I started this post and the end of this sentence. This sentence right here. Period.

And that was before he had a 65-point season.

Old
10-29-2011, 04:21 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Unjoin Vermette from Umberger, Vermy needs skiller player to his line. And... I would trade Brassard. We have two skill centers and Vermette can play the third with the players like Kubalik and Calvert it was very good line the last year. Give chance Johansen he is our future. I wish Derick a team where he could show his qualities but we do not need him more but a wing, skill wing and he could be a good value for it.

Old
10-29-2011, 11:09 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Unjoin Vermette from Umberger, Vermy needs skiller player to his line. And... I would trade Brassard. We have two skill centers and Vermette can play the third with the players like Kubalik and Calvert it was very good line the last year. Give chance Johansen he is our future. I wish Derick a team where he could show his qualities but we do not need him more but a wing, skill wing and he could be a good value for it.
Brassard has been out-performing both Vermette and Umberger (and it hasn't been close.) and hes the one you would trade?

Hes been playing center for us for the past week or two.

Old
10-29-2011, 12:42 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Brassard has been out-performing both Vermette and Umberger (and it hasn't been close.) and hes the one you would trade?

Hes been playing center for us for the past week or two.
You understood me bad. The first center is Carter, the second will be Johansen do you think Brassard will be the third line center or is it better for Vermette? It is not about he is whorse than Vermette but that he is whorse than Johansen and Carter. And he (Brass) is bad on the wing he is a classical playmaker.

Next, Umberger is untouchable nobody can touch him even a coach maybe even GM. He is our "heart and soul", our "savior"... bla bla bla... . I know and I wrote it that he shoud be benched or even HS with Vermette but... which coach would do it? Nobody. Do you think this man will be traded? No forgot. Untill Blue Jackets will be in Columbus Umberger will be here and he will have better position than Nash even.

And... if we would trade Brass we could take good value and especially Brass could restart his career!

Old
10-29-2011, 03:42 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Not close? Brass has three points in ten games, RJ and Vermette each have four. All three have been closer to useless than anything else. I would not be disappointed to see any or all three of them traded.

Old
10-29-2011, 05:32 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Not close? Brass has three points in ten games, RJ and Vermette each have four. All three have been closer to useless than anything else. I would not be disappointed to see any or all three of them traded.
Brassard played a wing and little icetime, Umberger with Vermette big time... .

I would trade Umberger with Brassard... but it will not happen.

Old
10-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
This may be useful. http://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings/

Old
10-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Crede777
Deputized

I'm worried about Yakupov's size. That's about it.

Old
10-29-2011, 09:47 PM
EdwardG
North!

I am all for a fail this year to get the top pick. I also think this team has some valuable components for trade. However, the first thing that must be done is to clean house-- scouts, GM, president out. You bring in a real hockey guy as president, let him hire a real GM, get a top pick, and perhaps trade some of our vets for some talent, and I for one am interested in going to games again because the arrow will be pointing in the right direction. They will be- for once- truly building. Then if we start seeing some of the young players improving and growing and being developed, the excitement builds further.

When the time comes to make trades this year, I really don't want Howson making these deals! Right now, this is simply the worst franchise in hockey. They have no credibility as far as I'm concerned, and that's not going to change until there's a new front office, new player development people, etc.

Old
10-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Easier said than done, though.

Old
11-04-2011, 02:33 PM
BlueJackets66

Suck for Yakupov

The NFL has "Suck for Luck" should the CBJ institute "Suck for Yakupov"? I know not the same without the rhyme, but it's something. At this points with or without Carter playing I just dont see us making PO's so maybe we should just root to suck, get #1 and either trade for a kings ransom or pick Yakupov!! Of course in typical CBJ fashion we will be eliminated from playoffs and go something like 19-3-2 and jack our positioning all up!! Let the love or hate begin

Old
11-04-2011, 02:36 PM
650X2

I think the NHL equivalent is Fail 4 Nail. Which the guys name is Nail Yakupov. I will let you in a little secret we don't have to try to Fail 4 Nail it is happening weather we like it or not. We will probably get jumped in the lottery though.

Old
11-04-2011, 02:37 PM
BlueJackets66

That response rules! Close the thread! And I agree fully! Fail for Nail!!!

Old
11-04-2011, 02:39 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Won't work.

Jackets history of suck is so pervasive it extends to the lottery too.

Old
11-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Ar-too

Send a message via AIM to Ar-too
Bail for Nail!

Old
11-04-2011, 02:51 PM
FANonymous

Trail for Nail?

[as in trail the rest of the league in points]

Old
11-04-2011, 03:21 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I'm worried about Yakupov's size. That's about it.
I'm more worried about the very real possibility that this team begins to play just a little better and instead of Yakupov or Murray, ends up drafting Reilly or Trouba.

Old
11-04-2011, 03:26 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Won't work.

Jackets history of suck is so pervasive it extends to the lottery too.
This is my thought. We'd be #1 overall and fall to 7th or something.

Old
11-04-2011, 03:27 PM
BluejacketNut

The best CBJ move ever is still the trading up to 1st for NOTHING

Old
11-04-2011, 03:43 PM
EspenK

They could only fall to 2nd with the worse record. And only then if teams with the 2nd-5th worse record win the lottery.

Old
11-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Milltec

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
They could only fall to 2nd with the worse record. And only then if teams with the 2nd-5th worse record win the lottery.
You know what that means, it has to be nail or murray. Both look very good so far..! im thinking murray if it comes down to it

Old
11-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
How do you say his first name? Is it pronounced exactly the same as a nail?

Closed Thread