HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2012 Draft Thread (Draft Lottery 4/10 8PM on NBC Sports)

Closed Thread

Old
04-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Nordique

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I'd rather castrate myself with a dull butter knife than see those last three things happen.
Nice imagery

IMO you build for next season, no tanking, no planned failure.

This team is not that far off if you put a good starting goalie on the roster.

I like the defense. Johnson played at a Norris pace the since the trade, Wisniewski is solid at both ends, Tyutin and Nikitin haven't shown their best yet. If we can add a strong shutdown guy that would be incredible, but I'm not scared of using what we have now either (Methot + Moore/Savard/AJ/Lebda) for a 3rd pairing.

The offense is the big question mark. If you keep Nash you need to add a top 6 center. If you move Nash you've got to add a top 6 center and winger. The bottom six are fine imo.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:41 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Wisniewski is solid at both ends,
Not the appropriate place, but wow.

<runs off to check the definition of "solid" and finds out the definition has been watered down along with the word "improve" as in "The economy is improving".>

If by solid you mean the distinct possibility of an opposing teams scoring chance created by an odd man rush or leaving a man unchecked, I agree 100%.

If JJ and Wiz are on the ice at the same time, if the forwards aren't paying attention we could have 5 players below the dots. While I enjoy the defense up in on the play, those two together scares the hell out of me. Wiz the lone defender after JJ pinches in? Help us all!

Old
04-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Not the appropriate place, but wow.

<runs off to check the definition of "solid" and finds out the definition has been watered down along with the word "improve" as in "The economy is improving".>

If by solid you mean the distinct possibility of an opposing teams scoring chance created by an odd man rush or leaving a man unchecked, I agree 100%.

If JJ and Wiz are on the ice at the same time, if the forwards aren't paying attention we could have 5 players below the dots. While I enjoy the defense up in on the play, those two together scares the hell out of me. Wiz the lone defender after JJ pinches in? Help us all!
Lets put the subjective fears aside for a moment and consider the numbers.

Johnson puts up 4 goals, 10 assists, and +5 since coming over in the trade and pairing with Wisniewski. Thats 14 points in 21 games, and +5. The skies not falling.

Last edited by Nordique: 04-10-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old
04-10-2012, 10:11 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Lets put the subjective fears aside for a moment and consider the numbers.

Johnsone puts up 4 goals, 10 assists, and +5 since coming over in the trade and pairing with Wisniewski. Thats 14 points in 21 games, and +5. The skies not falling.
I stand by what I said and what I saw on the ice. I have no issue with JJ or Wiz. I have an issue with you stating Wiz is "solid" in both ends and I also state that those two are dangerous together - on both ends of the ice. I also stated not to settle for those 4 as your top two pairings.

Richards all but came out and hinted at the exact same thing, on at least a couple of occasions. Once after a game, in which he expressed that discomfort but had to get over it (wish I had the exact quote) and the other in which is called Tyutin and Nikitin more of his shut down pair.

Anyone that calls Wiz solid in the defensive zone, at least at this point in his career, is going to get an eyebrow raise from me. I will question their judgment.

I do love how you implied I thought the "Sky was falling". What a laughable interpretation of what I have been saying. I also giggle when I was focusing on Wiz and you focus on JMFJ.

I couldn't image those two together, in the playoffs, against the top teams in the West in a seven game series. At least at this point in their development. That's a quick playoff exit waiting to happen.

Now, if you want to continue this conversation, please move it over to the JJ thread, for example. We are in the wrong thread.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

at 1,000

new thread here
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1160597

Closed Thread