HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All defenseman proposals here

Closed Thread

Old
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
shello
@WShello9

vCash: 500
All defenseman proposals here

With Brewer and Ohlund out we need help obviously. Who are some defenseman that Tampa could target and what would they have to give up to acquire them? I see Toronto as a good fit since they have a tone of D. I think Oduya from Winnipeg could also be a nice fit as well. I don't i have to say Vinny, Stamkos, St.Louis, and Hedman are untouchables.
This was proposed on the trade rumor board, i don't mind since i think Aulie will become a good 2-3 pairing defensman already was last year but i'm just skeptical about giving up two prospects:
To TBL

Keith Aulie
Cody Franson
2012 2nd rd pick

To Tor

Carter Ashton
Vladislav Namestnikov

Last edited by shello: 10-24-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Old
10-24-2011, 03:25 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
With Brewer and Ohlund out we need help obviously. Who are some defenseman that Tampa could target and what would they have to give up to acquire them? I see Toronto as a good fit since they have a tone of D. I think Oduya from Winnipeg could also be a nice fit as well. I don't i have to say Vinny, Stamkos, St.Louis, and Hedman are untouchables.
This was proposed on the trade rumor board, i don't mind since i think Aulie will become a good 2-3 pairing defensman already was last year but i'm just skeptical about giving up two prospects:
To TBL

Keith Aulie
Cody Franson
2012 2nd rd pick

To Tor

Carter Ashton
Vladislav Namestnikov
Brewer is not out, and Oduya has been awful for Winnipeg. I don't think you'll see us target anyone. We had a rough start to the season but we are playing better now. 1 goal and 17 shots against the Islanders and a shutout and 21 shots against Buffalo. That's real good defense right there. If a good deal comes along for Yzerman, great, but he's not in panic mode.

I'm not a fan of that deal either. Ashton AND Namestnikov? That's way too much for us. I say hold onto our top prospects. Ashton has been very dominant in his first ahl season and Namestnikov has tons of potential.

Old
10-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

No to Ashton being traded, he's lighting the AHL and looks like he could be better than expected, at least for me

Old
10-24-2011, 03:39 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Brewer is not out, and Oduya has been awful for Winnipeg. I don't think you'll see us target anyone. We had a rough start to the season but we are playing better now. 1 goal and 17 shots against the Islanders and a shutout and 21 shots against Buffalo. That's real good defense right there. If a good deal comes along for Yzerman, great, but he's not in panic mode.

I'm not a fan of that deal either. Ashton AND Namestnikov? That's way too much for us. I say hold onto our top prospects. Ashton has been very dominant in his first ahl season and Namestnikov has tons of potential.
Oh sorry, i don't have centre ice so i can't watch games on a regular basis, i remembered hearing some where that he was hurt.

Old
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Oh sorry, i don't have centre ice so i can't watch games on a regular basis, i remembered hearing some where that he was hurt.
He had some swelling he wanted to get checked out, but he's fine and didn't miss any games thankfully.

Old
10-24-2011, 04:10 PM
I Am Beat You

I wouldn't trade one of Ashton or Namestnikov for the players in the above proposal. We may not be in panic mode, but we will have to address the situation on D at some point if we want to get anywhere near where we did last year.

Old
10-24-2011, 04:33 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
To TBL

Keith Aulie
Cody Franson
2012 2nd rd pick

To Tor

Carter Ashton
Vladislav Namestnikov
Yikes two former 1st rounders for two guys who can't stick with the current Leafs and a 2nd? I think Aulie will be a good 2nd pairing defenseman, but Ashton seems like the exact kind of player that we'll need to keep (grit, size, scoring, defensively responsible etc.). I'd entertain the idea of dealing Namestnikov for Franson or Aulie and a 2012 2nd round pick, but probably still wouldn't make that trade because of the high potential that Namestnikov has. However, if the return were Jake Gardiner for Namestnikov, I'd do it for sure (though I can't see why Toronto would ever trade him).

Someone like Nicklas Grossman intrigues me more, since the asking price wouldn't be as high.

Last edited by The Wyzerhood: 10-24-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old
10-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Pro tip: don't make a proposal in the first post of a proposal thread. It becomes all about the initial proposal, which is terrible.

Also, McCabe is available. All your proposals are invalid.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 10-24-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old
10-24-2011, 07:01 PM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 617
Can the mods give us immunity for ripping on any proposal that may be posted?

Old
10-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

If we need to get a Dman, I'd rather wait until around the trade deadline and see what teams are selling and what they are selling. We got Brewer dirt cheap last year as a result of waiting to see what's available and picking our spot.

Old
10-24-2011, 07:05 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickov View Post
Can the mods give us immunity for ripping on any proposal that may be posted?
Depends. As long as it's not personal towards the poster themselves, I don't see a problem with it. They were the ones to put their thoughts out there for our evaluation.

Old
10-24-2011, 08:00 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Oh wow thats ugly.

Old
10-24-2011, 08:46 PM
snowden
Man is matter

I wouldn't do it unless we threw in Connolly, too.

Old
10-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 50
Stamkos for Schenn + Kadri?

Old
10-24-2011, 09:49 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
Pro tip: don't make a proposal in the first post of a proposal thread. It becomes all about the initial proposal, which is terrible.

Haha yea I regret that very much now. I really wish people would list other possiblities, like some have done.

Old
10-25-2011, 12:20 AM
TBLHoser

You'd think we'd all learn by now not to respond to trade proposals with the Leafs.....

Old
10-25-2011, 01:15 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

All this trade proposal stuff is from various "sources" claiming that Y is in search of a top 4 defenseman. No one knows what's actually going on but with the way we've been playing as of late, I'm sure those rumours have cooled.

Classic situation of it'd be nice to have, but you'll most likely have to overpay to acquire such a player this early in the season (unless they've fallen out of favour with their current team).

Old
10-25-2011, 01:17 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post

I thought the point of adding a defenseman was to make our team better. After years of watching McCabe in Toronto, I can definitively say that I want Y to stay away...far, FAR away. However, he did play better with Florida only to regress again with the Rags.

Last edited by The Wyzerhood: 10-25-2011 at 01:33 AM.
Old
10-25-2011, 01:19 AM
tightightight

Quote:
Haha yea I regret that very much now. I really wish people would list other possiblities, like some have done.
We may have a problem here...awkward

Old
10-25-2011, 03:36 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post
We may have a problem here...awkward
No haha. All I meant was I regret posting a proposal in opening post.

Old
10-25-2011, 03:40 PM
snowden
Man is matter

He is referring to your avatar, I think

Old
10-25-2011, 05:00 PM
tightightight

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowden View Post
He is referring to your avatar, I think
Precisely. Now off to changing my avatar

Old
10-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I wouldn't trade one of Ashton or Namestnikov for the players in the above proposal. We may not be in panic mode, but we will have to address the situation on D at some point if we want to get anywhere near where we did last year.
I would not be surprised to see one of the 2nd rounders moved in Brewer-like trade to help shore it up before the trade deadline.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:41 PM
LightningStrikes

Who do you guys think could end up being traded? Yzerman has said before that he won't trade our 1st and 2nd round picks. I don't think anybody on our top-6 is availabe and neither are Thompson and probably Moore - as well as our top prospects Connolly, Ashton, Namestnikov, Tokarski, etc.

Who could we possibly acquire for something like Ritola + a 3rd? Probably not a reliable #2-4 defenseman...

Old
10-25-2011, 06:27 PM
I Am Beat You

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Who do you guys think could end up being traded? Yzerman has said before that he won't trade our 1st and 2nd round picks. I don't think anybody on our top-6 is availabe and neither are Thompson and probably Moore - as well as our top prospects Connolly, Ashton, Namestnikov, Tokarski, etc.

Who could we possibly acquire for something like Ritola + a 3rd? Probably not a reliable #2-4 defenseman...
I don't think Moore, Shannon, Purcell and Malone are completely out of the question. I think we also have an extra 3rd this year, and maybe Yzerman is confident enough in our drafting to trade another decent prospect.

To be completely honest, I think we'll need substantially more than just a top 4 d-man if we want to make a deep run. Gagne and Bergenheim's replacements so far don't look capable of replacing their skillsets, and our D without Lundin took quite a hit. Combine that with the possibility that Roloson might be slowing down (with a 41 year old goalie, I'd prefer a much more stable defense), and the chances don't seem too high of this team being a contender.

It's really tough to make a prediction this early though. Stevie will give it some time.

Closed Thread