HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT CBJ vs Detroit | 10/25 7PM EDT | Epic Fail Curse Breaker Part II

Old
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
cbj21

vCash: 500
hahaha this was awesome , got a new favorite player and he fits my name. What a presence on the ice, that guy is gold !! Keep it clean Wiz

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Raymones

Just wanted to congratulate on the win. I hope they turn it around now, you fans deserve a successful team.

My favorite team here back in Sweden (Färjestad, reigning champs) started out the season with no regulation wins in the first 11 games. Last week they finally got their first W, so I'm quite familiar with the emotions you guys are having right now. A big ****ing relief and hope mostly, at least in my case.

Oh, and Färjestad now have four straight victories and seems to be a completely different team. There's hope. Good luck to you guys!

Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:49 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymones View Post
Just wanted to congratulate on the win. I hope they turn it around now, you fans deserve a successful team.

My favorite team here back in Sweden (Färjestad, reigning champs) started out the season with no regulation wins in the first 11 games. Last week they finally got their first W, so I'm quite familiar with the emotions you guys are having right now. A big ****ing relief and hope mostly, at least in my case.

Oh, and Färjestad now have four straight victories and seems to be a completely different team. There's hope. Good luck to you guys!
Thanks for the well wishes.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:46 PM
IBleedUnionBlue

vCash: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFRONE View Post
Oh ****. Weak goal given up by Mase, but wonder if his injury effected him.
Yes, it was very obvious that Mason was hurting after the one save. I don't know if it showed on tv, but Mason was in pain. Had there been a stoppage, I think he would have been pulled sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Keep York in, we win. Keep Mason in, we lose.

Last edited by IBleedUnionBlue: 10-26-2011 at 05:54 PM.
IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Bobcat110

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Certainly not the best time for him to even look sideways at Holmstrom, but...

This is from the Wings GDT:

"Holmstrom - Sucked like the rest of them, but came out even with his play to lead to the last penalty. Elbowed dude in the chops, grabbed him and fell down. Atta boy."

Yeah, that's pretty much what I saw, too!
I said to my cousin right in our seats after it happened "Hmmm...Holmstrom never goes down that easy when his ass is in front of Mason"

However, it is curious why it's OK for Holmstrom to throw a couple elbows into Dorsett's face with no call to Shanahan's office.

Last edited by Bobcat110: 10-26-2011 at 08:18 PM.
Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:01 PM
jcupp

Just dropping by to say congrats on the win. I know most of you hate my team, but I've liked Columbus for a few years now. Started keeping up with them more the past couple of years, mostly due to Viqsi posting on our boards. Anyway, hope you have a successful season.

jcupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:02 PM
EpicDegree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
I said to my cousin right in our seats after it happened "Hmmm...Holmstrom never goes down that easy when his ass is in front of Mason"

However, it is curious why it's OK for Holmstrom to throw a couple elbows into Dorsett's face with no call to Shanahan's office.
You know what else is curious? How I never see diving called except on Boll. Not on our team or any other. From the sounds of it this was a perfect scenario to call it. I didn't really see the play or the replay, so have to take others word for it.

EpicDegree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDegree View Post
You know what else is curious? How I never see diving called except on Boll. Not on our team or any other. From the sounds of it this was a perfect scenario to call it. I didn't really see the play or the replay, so have to take others word for it.
I caught the play, but only out of the corner of my eye, to me it really look like Dorsett hauled him down. After I saw the replay on the jumbotron, which was pretty damning, the crowd really didn't boo much. It was probably that stereotypical situation where the ref doesn't see the first action, just the retaliatory action.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:56 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicDegree View Post
The sad thing is Boll gets called for diving when another dude's stick is lodged firmly between his legs...

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 07:07 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Hell, Wings fans and bloggers thought Nash should have been called for diving when Holmstrom hooked his knee, jerked it up, and flipped him over, bouncing his head off the ice. Perception is always colored by bias.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

What got me was Holmstrom getting in a double elbow right to Dorsett's chops. Then Dorsett gave Holmstom a couple of hacks and Holmstom did his best Sedin impersonation.

Moral: retaliator always gets caught. Players know this, but it never sinks in, even
though it is taught to hockey players when they are tykes and squirts.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
What got me was Holmstrom getting in a double elbow right to Dorsett's chops. Then Dorsett gave Holmstom a couple of hacks and Holmstom did his best Sedin impersonation.

Moral: retaliator always gets caught. Players know this, but it never sinks in, even
though it is taught to hockey players when they are tykes and squirts.
Lesson: Even hockey coaches can't overcome simple human nature.

Lesson 2: Always be the agitator instigator.

Last edited by Double-Shift Lassé: 10-27-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote