HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Inline Hockey Stick

Old
10-24-2011, 11:43 AM
hockeyr5

vCash: 500
Inline Hockey Stick

Hey, I've played ice hockey my whole life but decided to try some inline in college. For ice hockey I had a S19 and an old S16 as a back up. I decided to just use my S16 for inline. It worked great but the blade seems to be wearing poorly (mostly on the heel). The blade is still in one piece but on the heel it isn't like completely compressed together, so to speak, I'm not sure if that is %100 clear. Then at a game I took a one timer and the blade seems to have a tiny crack.

So I 'm looking to get a new stick with a blade that should wear properly. Also we practice on a sport court type surface and then our games are obviously on a typical inline hockey surface. I think the sport court does more "damage." And by "wearing" I don't mean that blade is getting smaller (I remember playing outdoors as a kid with a wooden stick and my blade would be like 1 inch) just the bottom layer of the heel sort of comes off and it just doesn't seem as solid.

Thanks! I hope I was clear enough so that you understand what I mean.

hockeyr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 12:39 PM
AIREAYE

If the blade is wearing at the heel, it could be that the lie is off. Trying going to a lower lie. It also could mean that your stick is too long.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 04:10 PM
hockeyr5

Uhh well I like the size of my stick... I think the lie was just a standard 5 but I guess I'll check it out.

So do all sticks just kind of have the same wear?

hockeyr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Rebels21

ummm use your SE16 and when the blade goes just cut it and put a wood blade in the other end.

Rebels21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:46 PM
PensFreak

Idk what to do about your blade wear, except maybe an extra strip of tape along the bottom of your blade. Never noticed a difference in a stick's ability from ice to inline, and I've player both

PensFreak is offline   Reply With Quote