HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread XVIII

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2011, 11:44 AM
guyzeur

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
First thought was good ol' Eric Daze
Eric Daze was good, he injured his back and stop playing

He also played 9 years.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
There's also a reason Trent underlined chance -- chance, Shantz, they sound alike.

11-15-2011, 12:04 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
There's also a reason Trent underlined chance -- chance, Shantz, they sound alike.
Yeah, I was just about to point that out lol...

Old
11-15-2011, 12:05 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
I've never heard of Shantz... assumed it was an ABC line player.

Edit - The 90s... a time when I was too young to closely follow hockey.

11-15-2011, 12:18 PM
LeTigre

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Eric Daze was good, he injured his back and stop playing

He also played 9 years.
Not as good as the guy who beat him out for the Calder.

Old
11-15-2011, 12:20 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
First thought was good ol' Eric Daze
In what world would 6'6" Eric Daze have been called "little JR"?

Old
11-15-2011, 12:25 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTigre View Post
The one and only Jeff Shantz, of course.
U da man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
How could that guy fail?

Point being that we should probably be waiting until these prospects are a step or two away from playing a certain role or making anybody expendable, not 10 steps away.

Old
11-15-2011, 12:31 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Point being that we should probably be waiting until these prospects are a step or two away from playing a certain role or making anybody expendable, not 10 steps away.
what are you? a leaf fan?

Old
11-15-2011, 12:36 PM
boourns

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
In what world would 6'6" Eric Daze have been called "little JR"?
In my world obviously.

Also, little doesn't have to be literal. I thought of it in terms of similar, yet lesser skill set.

Old
11-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Alf Silfversson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
Well, we're going to have to find an answer to that question soon, because I can't really imagine a scenario where Kuba is back with the Sens next year. Why not audition someone in that role NOW, so that we'll know if we have to hit the FA market or not in the upcoming offseason to fill a need? Isn't that what this season was supposed to be all about, anyways? Finding out what we have in the system so we can properly build our franchise for the next 10+ years? Kuba factors into the Sens plans for the next 30 or so games. 50 games, if were in a hunt for the 8th playoff spot. In my mind, he's already gone. Find a replacement now, or in June. I like my band-aids ripped off quick and hard: don't draw out the inevitable.

I'm a huge proponent of "winning is a great teaching tool". Which is why I don't think we should dump him for trash. But I clearly would be willing to move him for a player who could improve our offense right now. Our need for a legit top-6 forward far outweighs the downgrade we would experience by moving Kuba (in a package, most likely).

So... trading a player for anything other than the exact same player is counter-productive. Why even bother trading anyone?

Impossible, eh? Kuba regressing is completely impossible? End of story? The entire story?

The only thing that's impossible in my opinion is that you'll ever learn some goddamned manners and converse in a way in which you don't come off as a snarky, petulant child who thinks he's just that much smarter than everyone else, and that respect is earned on merit, not thrown to the loudest and most abrasive voice in the room.

Old
11-15-2011, 02:14 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Keep Kuba until the deadline. With the way he's playing, he'll be a very valuable trade chip at the deadline. Every contender is going to need a Kuba. We'll be able to go out and swap him for a prospect/young player who fits in with the team's long term plans.

His value only grows as we get closer to the trade deadline and his cap number lessens. Plus, it's better that Boro and wiercioch are afforded the time needed in the AHL and not rushed.
Let's hope so, Garrioch says in todays paper that Kuba & Lee have been shopped around with no interest. Obviously the price gets higher at the deadline but it will be interesting what they finally get for him. The deals Murray got last yr had a lot fo discussion for & against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Almost nothing happens until a month before the trade deadline.
This is true. Al Secord was one of my favourite players, tough SOB & he could score.

Old
11-17-2011, 12:07 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

PURE speculation on my part so take it for what it is..

After all this Filatov stuff and Murray telling him to wait till the end of the month for him to make a decision on his fate, do you think its possible Murray is on the verge of making a trade that would free up a spot for Filatov?

Two weeks time is also the deadline for the Turris situation to finally come to a head, coincidence?

Just food for thought I guess, you never know...

Old
11-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post

After all this Filatov stuff and Murray telling him to wait till the end of the month for him to make a decision on his fate, do you think its possible Murray is on the verge of making a trade that would free up a spot for Filatov?

Two weeks time is also the deadline for the Turris situation to finally come to a head, coincidence?

Yes this, or Murray will try and trade Filatov to another NHL team that will give him a shot to stick - maybe a team like the NYI who took Grabner last season and he turned into a star might be interested in Filatov, Carolina did the same with Samsonov when he looked done and got some good seasons out of him.

There wasn't much interest for Filatov at the draft and probably not much has changed especially with the ultimatum of him going back to Russia - but maybe a team that is desperate or rebuilding like a NYI, Carolina, Calgary, Atlanta would give him a chance or take a flyer on him as an add on in a trade.

Old
11-17-2011, 01:02 PM
B3rs3rker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Yes this, or Murray will try and trade Filatov to another NHL team that will give him a shot to stick - maybe a team like the NYI who took Grabner last season and he turned into a star might be interested in Filatov, Carolina did the same with Samsonov when he looked done and got some good seasons out of him.

There wasn't much interest for Filatov at the draft and probably not much has changed especially with the ultimatum of him going back to Russia - but maybe a team that is desperate or rebuilding like a NYI, Carolina, Calgary, Atlanta would give him a chance or take a flyer on him as an add on in a trade.
Bolded: Seriously?

Nobody wants Filatov, nothing has changed since the draft that would make a team want him.

Don't see the correlation of people mentioning the Turris deadline as a possibility why he asked Filatov to stay. If Ottawa did manage to come up with an offer to blow Phoenix away for Turris, even then, gaining Turris closes a roster spot for Filatov unless two forwards are back (which isn't worth it for Turris).

Old
11-17-2011, 01:34 PM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireball8992 View Post
Bolded: Seriously?

Nobody wants Filatov, nothing has changed since the draft that would make a team want him.

Don't see the correlation of people mentioning the Turris deadline as a possibility why he asked Filatov to stay. If Ottawa did manage to come up with an offer to blow Phoenix away for Turris, even then, gaining Turris closes a roster spot for Filatov unless two forwards are back (which isn't worth it for Turris).
Unless there names are Konopka and Winchester

Old
11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:

Or or or it just could be that the team is on the road right now and that he already told him that he will get a game when they come back in a week or so.

Old
11-17-2011, 04:26 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Very possible, like I said was just speculating...

Old
11-17-2011, 04:44 PM
PKC*

Quote:

Isn't Peter Regin due back around that time as well? Not enough spots for guys to play. Either way, a move should come to free up a spot for Da Costa/Daugavins if they intend on keeping those 2 guys on the team. And with Carkner coming back soon, we have another logjam on the blueline. How is everyone supposed to play? And how do you keep the guys who are sitting happy?

Old
11-17-2011, 05:21 PM
BK201

edit

Old
11-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Deaddevil11*

Lee+Winchester for a teams 2nd round pick?

Old
11-17-2011, 06:53 PM
ILLESToO
Godspeed, Bryan....

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/330219.html

For those of you who dont understand french, it says that Jeff Carter would have asked a trade from CBJ, do you think we could afford/need him ?? I think he's a great option because he can play the wings and center so what do you think ?

Old
11-17-2011, 06:55 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD19 View Post

For those of you who dont understand french, it says that Jeff Carter would have asked a trade from CBJ, do you think we could afford/need him ?? I think he's a great option because he can play the wings and center so what do you think ?
overrated and has leg issues it seems
no thanks

Last edited by HSF: 11-17-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old
11-17-2011, 06:57 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

**** yes to Carter.

Old
11-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD19 View Post

Not a chance with a contract that long, plus his ankle injury. Let some young guys fight it out for a spot in the top 6 with Spezza and Michalek

Old
11-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Iamok
#Panic

If the guy gives up on his team after only a handful of games, no chance in hell I want him.

Closed Thread