HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not excited to watch the habs anymore. And it's not because we are losing.

Old
10-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Lemons

vCash: 500
Not excited to watch the habs anymore. And it's not because we are losing.

Before everyone starts attacking me please hear me out.

Lets face it, since the Roy era came to a tragic end we has not been able to ice a solid team. We have a team that consistantly finishes with a 14-16 pick (and knowing how terrible drafters we are most are useless). 20 years of medocrity with the promises of our young core developping into a strong foundation (Higgins, Komisarek, chipchura where are you ?). But alas, finishing 8th and hoping for fairy tale storiy run to the cup is something that this organization excels in and is a TERRIBLE business model.

Two seasons have passed with the new era of players and we have yet to see our team improve in any sense of the way. Sees like this team is doomed for another struggle to 8th place, as it has been since i could remember. Other than our freak season in 07, we havent had a PPG player since when ? Damphousse? Why havent i seen a superstar on this team in ages? I have no player that i was to cheer for other than the excitement PK Subban brings. Where is our Crosby/Malkin? Where is our Toews ? Where is our Getzaf/Perry? Im sick of medium players and medium rankings. This is why i support a tank.

We arent winning a cup with Desharnais's and Darche's.

The problem is management, they know marketing the team in this city is so easy, so why even create any excitement ? We have a zombie lifeless coach with the worlds most boring hockey system mixed with a closed door silent GM. What the hell are we supposed to think as fans ? There is no indication any improvement going down for this team.

When will this organization admit that the gomez experiment is over and burying him in hamilton or trading him for peanuts would send a universal message to the other players on this team to step up their game.

Seems like another midrange season. Followed by a midrange pick. Vicious Cycle i tell you.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Et le But

Can we have one big "Negativity" thread for all these topics? This is getting out of control.

I came into this season with high hopes and while I'm disappointed so far, I'm not losing faith yet. Even with a "boring" system the Avs, Sabres and second Leafs games were still very entertaining IMO, and there's a lot I like about this team as much as dislike. Watching Eller, Pacioretty and the defensive prospects for me is still fun, as is Plekanec, AK, sometimes Cammalleri.

If there's anything making me miserable, it's this forum.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:10 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

So much for not attacking him

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:12 PM
LeMAD

There's a good team in Toronto who's looking for new fans you know.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
So much for not attacking him
He said "before everyone starts attacking me please hear me out". No one's attacking the guy. It's just that everything he said has already been pointed out ad nauseum on the 20 gazillion other negative threads 'round here. Everyone "took a listen" and noticed the 'trend'.

Merely pointing it out.

Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:19 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Can we have one big "Negativity" thread for all these topics? This is getting out of control.

I came into this season with high hopes and while I'm disappointed so far, I'm not losing faith yet. Even with a "boring" system the Avs, Sabres and second Leafs games were still very entertaining IMO, and there's a lot I like about this team as much as dislike. Watching Eller, Pacioretty and the defensive prospects for me is still fun, as is Plekanec, AK, sometimes Cammalleri.

If there's anything making me miserable, it's this forum.
Same here. I'm not saying that every poster is a problem, but there is a difference between discussing the problems of the team in a coherent and rational manner and reading posts with hashtags claiming fire this guy, fire that guy, bad owner thsi etc etc.

For me part of the hockey experience is sharing thoughts with fans, but it's been out of control. I still loving watching the games, win or lose because frankly I love hockey and there is always something to look forward to even on a bad team.

Yah we're losing it sucks, but there is still a lot to talk about without having to be negative. We could talk about how good Kostitsyn looks on the ice in terms of his play, same for Pacioretty. We could credit Gauthier for signing Diaz out of no where since he's looking pretty good for his first year on NA ice. The same goes for Eller, Moen etc.

But no, it's only about the bad, no one is interested in the good. IMO it takes a lot more hockey knowledge to explain the good and why it's good then to ***** about the bad all the time. Even at that, there is analyzing the bad in constructive ways like Whitesnake, habsjunkie2, LafleursGuy, who actually allow for discussion and are willing to look at the fuller picture, but too many just acting childish.

Also side note

this thread has the same premise as this one http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1007835

Last edited by Andy: 10-24-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

If you are not into the Habs.... then don't watch. Fine with me.

Be an Oilers fan... they like 1st overall picks

Detroit is also looking good... and they haven't tanked in years.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Pax Macioretty

You guys want to to attack the OP, fine, but he's right and he's not the only one who feels that way. Brian Wilde tweeted that scalpers have major trouble selling their tickets. In fact some tickets are still available tonight!

You guys gave excuses to the defensive system, you gave it to having no fighters, you gave us a bunch of of stats saying that we were in great shape with having players like Pyatt and Darche on the 4th line, etc. Now the public has spoken and you guys have to accept it.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

this is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend...

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Lynnx*

I agree.

Ever since Halak was traded, I have had a hard time following the Habs for some reason, and they have been my favourite team for 12 years.

Lynnx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:43 PM
PM23

30 teams + Salary cap = 1 / 30 to win cup

Simple as that.

PM23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:45 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM23 View Post
30 teams + Salary cap = 1 / 30 to win cup

Simple as that.
Oh look at you with your rational argument now.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:48 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by linix2012 View Post
I agree.

Ever since Halak was traded, I have had a hard time following the Habs for some reason, and they have been my favourite team for 12 years.
Pretty sure the blues can welcome one more fan.

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Protest the Hero

When did I stumble into Blogger.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Same here. I'm not saying that every poster is a problem, but there is a difference between discussing the problems of the team in a coherent and rational manner and reading posts with hashtags claiming fire this guy, fire that guy, bad owner thsi etc etc.

For me part of the hockey experience is sharing thoughts with fans, but it's been out of control. I still loving watching the games, win or lose because frankly I love hockey and there is always something to look forward to even on a bad team.

Yah we're losing it sucks, but there is still a lot to talk about without having to be negative. We could talk about how good Kostitsyn looks on the ice in terms of his play, same for Pacioretty. We could credit Gauthier for signing Diaz out of no where since he's looking pretty good for his first year on NA ice. The same goes for Eller, Moen etc.

But no, it's only about the bad, no one is interested in the good. IMO it takes a lot more hockey knowledge to explain the good and why it's good then to ***** about the bad all the time. Even at that, there is analyzing the bad in constructive ways like Whitesnake, habsjunkie2, LafleursGuy, who actually allow for discussion and are willing to look at the fuller picture, but too many just acting childish.

Also side note

this thread has the same premise as this one http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1007835
you do have options, like the ignore thread feature.

To turn this into a positive, the OP has struck a point that resonates with others and it has been noted that scalpers are complaining that the demand for the product may be on the way down. That's the language of ownership. That will get attention. That's fantastic news.

You're right criticism should be constructive. Sending palpable signals to media and ownership about a low opinion of the product is more valuable than the 42nd Carey Price appreciation thread.

I'll bet RIM's arrogance has washed away and they are listening to their customers very closely. Hopefully the Molsons do too. Sometimes it takes losing your customers to appreciate them.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:02 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Many people feel this way. They're indeed boring to watch but some fans will never agree with that.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
TheWhiteIdea

I agree with the OP 100%

TheWhiteIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:06 PM
pine*

Quote:
I agree.

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Seb
Need more Therrien

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
He's right tho, the habs aren't exciting to watch at all.

Boring hockey.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:16 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
He's right tho, the habs aren't exciting to watch at all.

Boring hockey.
*JM hockey

I don't mind boring hockey but...

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

They are boring to watch. I used to never miss a game, and then I would re-watch it on PVR a second time. Now people have to tell me that they're playing, because I've come to forget about them. Give me a tough guy, a little more physicality, more emphasis on the offense and maybe I'll be back into it by mid-season.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:21 PM
GoodKiwi

I only watched one full game so far (their last one).

I walked out of a bar 1 period into their season opener!

I don't think I missed more than 10 games last 5 seasons combined.

Just no interest, can't put my finger on it really.

GoodKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I agree.

If you were following Halak in St. Louis you'd be thoroughly disillusioned. It's unlikely the Habs would have more points if they had kept him.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

I'm not going to repeat what I said in the coach-related threads...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 06:25 PM
Thinkbig

this team is so boring to watch since Martin came in...

Thinkbig is offline   Reply With Quote