Notices

The Jets Pregame Video

Old
07-31-2012, 07:43 PM
niziolio
Rookie User

vCash: 500
NHL '11 '12 pregame video

What I want to know is where can I find the NHL video that was before each Jet game with all the classic players ie; Bobby Clarke, Lanny McDonald, Messier posing with the cup etc. The song Audience of One by Rise Against was playing during it. MY gf and I referred to it affectionately as the 'legacy' video. I get the chills just thinking about it. Anyone care to help?

niziolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 07:52 PM
dhfromkw

Quote:
Originally Posted by niziolio View Post
What I want to know is where can I find the NHL video that was before each Jet game with all the classic players ie; Bobby Clarke, Lanny McDonald, Messier posing with the cup etc. The song Audience of One by Rise Against was playing during it. MY gf and I referred to it affectionately as the 'legacy' video. I get the chills just thinking about it. Anyone care to help?
I've tried looking for that video on Youtube many times, no dice. Sorry man.

However there is a video on Youtube with the same song playing to highlights of the 10-11 season, not the same feel though.

dhfromkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 07:58 PM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I agree. The acoustics at the MTS Centre leave a lot to be desired. Especially in the Bass department. There is no reason why we shouldn't FEEL the Jet engines in that video.
It's not acoustics then, it's the sound-system.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2012, 08:20 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
TBH, it might not be the acoustics but the sound system now that I think about it.
Yup, it is. I don't know much about Disturbed's set-up but that was probably issues with their rig, not MTSC's problem. The actual acoustics at MTSC are really top-notch, can easily be counted alongside any similarly-sized concert venue anywhere, though the arena's own sound system is indeed significantly lacking. I do believe they are upgrading it shortly however.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:04 AM
niziolio
Rookie User

Yea, I saw that one. I wonder if anyone has any info. I would love to see it again. We have partial seasons and it was a total trip seeing that video. The clips were all so epic too. Always got us super pumped.

niziolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 09:22 AM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
Yup, it is. I don't know much about Disturbed's set-up but that was probably issues with their rig, not MTSC's problem. The actual acoustics at MTSC are really top-notch, can easily be counted alongside any similarly-sized concert venue anywhere, though the arena's own sound system is indeed significantly lacking. I do believe they are upgrading it shortly however.
I'm pretty sure that MTSC was designed and built with concerts especially in mind.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 12:43 PM
bodybreak
Whiteshell Wild

vCash: 720
Better quality video of the CBC opening that was being asked for earlier (with the videos superimposed on signs)

And don't forget this one:

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
tntkid

Epic entrance video. Will have to remove Oduya & Mason from it for this season.

The two steps from hell video that follows this entrance vid is also a timeless classic that gets the fans pumped.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Repoman

I love the intro videos as well. Looking forward to what they come out with this year!

My very first event at the MTS center was the Jet's home opener and one thing that was very clear to me was the sound system and scoreboard were not up to par. The experience at the MTS center could be sooo much better as most have said.

Repoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2012, 06:11 PM
thereturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntkid View Post
The two steps from hell video that follows this entrance vid is also a timeless classic that gets the fans pumped.
For sure, that vid/song was probably my favorite part of the pre game.

thereturn is online now   Reply With Quote