HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal NYR-TOR just an idea ( an IDEA) THATS ALL

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Bob Froese

vCash: 500
Trade Proposal NYR-TOR just an idea ( an IDEA) THATS ALL

this just crossed my mind toronto is looking for a #1 to start incase belfour is not ready, now if tor does not sign a goalie as word around been they are llooking at byron dafoe. now if they cant for some reason acquire dafoe or someone beats them to him, can nyr and torotno be in another spot to make a trade.maybe sather has a plan to move dunham thats why weeks was signed, who knows.

To Tor: mike dunham
To NyR: wade belak or some tough under 30 dman maybe even ken klee or bryan marchment, wouldnt mind marchment a bit dirty but tough as nails could be a physical factor here and with one of those dmen add a 4th or 5th rounder what the hell even a 6th, i dont care.

what do u guys think?

Old
09-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Kubera55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Froese
this just crossed my mind toronto is looking for a #1 to start incase belfour is not ready, now if tor does not sign a goalie as word around been they are llooking at byron dafoe. now if they cant for some reason acquire dafoe or someone beats them to him, can nyr and torotno be in another spot to make a trade.maybe sather has a plan to move dunham thats why weeks was signed, who knows.

To Tor: mike dunham
To NyR: wade belak or some tough under 30 dman maybe even ken klee or bryan marchment, wouldnt mind marchment a bit dirty but tough as nails could be a physical factor here and with one of those dmen add a 4th or 5th rounder what the hell even a 6th, i dont care.

what do u guys think?
Definitely interesting, but you have to realize that timing is a huge factor.

Dunham won't be moved until Blackburn or Labarberra shows that they are ready to back-up Weeks in the NHL (and that assumes Weeks plays well in the first place). If the Leafs are willing to wait until January/February to make a deal, then such a deal is possible. Though, I suspect Sather would prefer a draft pick... (and I definitely wouldn't take the expensive and redundant *with Kaspar* Marchment.)

Old
09-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Killer 93

Mush is a UFA, so you would not have to trade anything for him. There have been rumours of him re-signing with the Leafs , but nothing has happened yet.

Old
09-02-2004, 10:44 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I'd try and pry Antropov from the leafs.... yes he stinks but he'd add some much needed size and strength to a relatively small forward. And he adds much needed depth at LW.

maybe....

Dunham
Rachunek

for

Antropov
Belak

Old
09-02-2004, 11:13 PM
in the hall

If it were up to me, I would give you Dunham maybe even help out with his minimal salary if the return was somewhat decent.

Old
09-02-2004, 11:27 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
I'd try and pry Antropov from the leafs.... yes he stinks but he'd add some much needed size and strength to a relatively small forward. And he adds much needed depth at LW.

maybe....

Dunham
Rachunek

for

Antropov
Belak
I'd love to get Antropov, a change of scenery might really help him out but I think people are way to easy to peddle Rachunek. I know he looked bad but to basically throw him in a deal isn't fair as so many people do. As it is, Antropov has low value, and ya could probably go for Dunham,surprisingly enough. Any HONEST leaf fan will admit that Antro's value is low so IMO, it ends up Rachunek for Belak which is a HORRIBLE deal for us as I don't see what Belak brings that Purinton doesn't

Old
09-02-2004, 11:29 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
I'd love to get Antropov, a change of scenery might really help him out but I think people are way to easy to peddle Rachunek. I know he looked bad but to basically throw him in a deal isn't fair as so many people do. As it is, Antropov has low value, and ya could probably go for Dunham,surprisingly enough. Any HONEST leaf fan will admit that Antro's value is low so IMO, it ends up Rachunek for Belak which is a HORRIBLE deal for us as I don't see what Belak brings that Purinton doesn't
I think Rachunek and Antropov are equals. I don't see Rachunek as a throwin here more of a trade "strength" (or rather quantity since none of our o-dmen are gauranteed) for a weakness.

Old
09-03-2004, 12:27 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
I think Rachunek and Antropov are equals. I don't see Rachunek as a throwin here more of a trade "strength" (or rather quantity since none of our o-dmen are gauranteed) for a weakness.

Leafs get Mike Dunham and Tom Poti

Rangers get LW Darcy Tucker and C Alexander Steen

Old
09-03-2004, 01:23 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Tucker is a locker room cancer. No thanks.

Old
09-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
No, he does not.

Old
09-03-2004, 01:30 AM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

Is this a joke?

Old
09-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop
No need to worry about it. He isn't going anywhere.

Old
09-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Synergy27

First things first, Belak stinks, he's essentially the same player as Dale Purinton. I personally dont feel as if teams should fill their tough guy role with defenseman anyway as it is important for all 6 to be available for the majority of the game.

And I agree with the above assessment of Rachunek, this guy is definitely not a throw in type player. I look forward to all of you being pleasantly surprised by his play in the future.

Old
09-03-2004, 08:52 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Where did you get that from? Tucker is one of the greater locker room prescenses in the league. The guy is loved in Toronto by the fans and his teammates.

Old
09-03-2004, 09:11 AM
BlackBirRd5

Quote:

I'll second killer on that - is this for real? We get a less-than-#1 capacity tender and an overly 1-dimensional defenceman for a multi-dimensional forward and one of the most promising prospects in hockey? This is one of those that really need a second thought before you hit submit reply.. No No and no again.

Old
09-03-2004, 09:16 AM
BlackBirRd5

Quote:
Farthest thing from it more OBJECTIVITY less BIAS
... really, where do you get that from?

Old
09-03-2004, 10:03 AM
True Blue

Quote:

It just amazes me how some posters here think that the rest of the NHL does not know Poti the way that we know Poti. And I just don't mean JOrtmeyer. Do people think that the rest of the NHL closed a blind eye to Poti's putirid performance over the last several years? The guy has no trade value right now.

Old
09-03-2004, 10:03 AM
melisa

"Where did you get that from? Tucker is one of the greater locker room prescenses in the league."

I didn't realize you spent so much time in the locker room. Tucker takes a ton of stupid penalties. He's old. He's a cheap shot artist. I'm sure players love him knowing they will have to throw punches because of his stupidity.

Old
09-03-2004, 10:05 AM
melisa

"It just amazes me how some posters here think that the rest of the NHL does not know Poti the way that we know Poti."

What is amazing is after all these years TrueBlue or Melrose doesn't realize offensive defenseman always have value. Especially those who are only 27 years old. It's also amazing that Poti is a lot better then Lundmark who doesn't receive any abuse compared to Poti.

Old
09-03-2004, 10:08 AM
melisa

I give up trying to explain to True or Melrose about hockey. He rips every post and he's never right. Then he calls anybody stupid who points out his idiotic comments.

Poti is a 27 year old offensive defenseman who has never played on a great offensive team where those types can rack up points. He has lots of value. Zidlicky probably didn't have much value to people like True either. Now look at him. I'm pretty sure that True didn't think Malakhov had any value. Yet we got a 2nd and a prospect for a overpaid, old, lousy, dog. Yet Poti has no value.

Problem with this board is we have mod's and a few posters that think they know everything about hockey and they are never right. I have no problem with what anybody says. However, don't go ripping other people's posts like True when you are never right.

Old
09-03-2004, 10:17 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa
I give up trying to explain to True or Melrose about hockey. He rips every post and he's never right. Then he calls anybody stupid who points out his idiotic comments.
Are you just incapable of having a normal conversation? I challenge you to come up with just one post where either myself of Melrose called ANYONE stupid. I'll bet you will be looking for a very long time. You are not one to respond to any challenge. When called out, the only thing you manage to do is slink away and find another thread to ruin. Not that it matters at all. People like you come and go from this board all the time. Judging by the caliber of your posts, I hope that you have not gotten too attached to this board.
You are what, 14? That would explain why anytime someone has a different opinion, you take it as a personal attack. What made this board great is the debates that we have. It's ok to have a different opinion.

Old
09-03-2004, 10:22 AM
True Blue

[QUOTE=melisaI didn't realize you spent so much time in the locker room. Tucker takes a ton of stupid penalties. He's old. He's a cheap shot artist. I'm sure players love him knowing they will have to throw punches because of his stupidity.[/QUOTE]
Have you known a blessed thing about hockey, you would know that it makes no difference in a locker room if a certain player is dirty or not. Seems to me that both the Ranger players and their fans loved it when Ulfie was a Ranger. And, yes, both 'Leaf fans and 'Leaf players ALL love Tucker.

"What is amazing is after all these years TrueBlue or Melrose doesn't realize offensive defenseman always have value. Especially those who are only 27 years old. It's also amazing that Poti is a lot better then Lundmark who doesn't receive any abuse compared to Poti."

This is not about Lundmark. This is about Poti. Lundmark has been in the league for a relative very little time. Poti has had 5 years. In the last several, his play regressed. BTW, how much value does your vaunted offensive defenseman have, when Hlavac had more assists?

"Problem with this board is we have mod's and a few posters that think they know everything about hockey and they are never right."

No, the problem with this board is people like you.

Old
09-03-2004, 10:47 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
It just amazes me how some posters here think that the rest of the NHL does not know Poti the way that we know Poti. And I just don't mean JOrtmeyer. Do people think that the rest of the NHL closed a blind eye to Poti's putirid performance over the last several years? The guy has no trade value right now.
C'mon, you know JOrt couldn't resist making a ridiculous proposal with Poti going the other way.

I'm pretty sure most posters know Poti's value has plumetted but we are gonna see those types of posts until he's gone (traded or not tendered).

Old
09-03-2004, 10:56 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
C'mon, you know JOrt couldn't resist making a ridiculous proposal with Poti going the other way.

I'm pretty sure most posters know Poti's value has plumetted but we are gonna see those types of posts until he's gone (traded or not tendered).
They were rumors that Tucker might be available so I made a proposal. Anyways if we did get Tucker, it would make Islanders and Rangers games alot more intresting. Too bad no Barnaby, Cairns, Simon, Etc. Im guessing if their is a season, the rivalary died down. Oh wait we still got Purinton.

Old
09-03-2004, 10:57 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
I didn't realize you spent so much time in the locker room. Tucker takes a ton of stupid penalties. He's old. He's a cheap shot artist. I'm sure players love him knowing they will have to throw punches because of his stupidity.
Quote:
What is amazing is after all these years TrueBlue or Melrose doesn't realize offensive defenseman always have value. Especially those who are only 27 years old. It's also amazing that Poti is a lot better then Lundmark who doesn't receive any abuse compared to Poti.
So Tucker at 29 is old, but Poti at 27 is young? You are talking about two friggin' years here...

Closed Thread