HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks/Rangers Oct 18 -- Fan sighting on TSN?!

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Awesomes
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Canucks/Rangers Oct 18 -- Fan sighting on TSN?!

Former Vancouver-ite here. Long time lurker, first time poster. My friend was at the Canucks/Rangers game on Oct 18. Although I didn't catch the game (now live in Toronto...) she says that she was shown on the broadcast on TSN and received a few text messages at approx 7:17 pm saying that her friends saw her on TV.

She's really excited about this (in her own words -- her fifteen minutes of fame!) but can't find anywhere to see what was shown. I've tried searching the interwebs, but haven't been able to find anything except highlight videos.

Did anyone by any chance PVR the game and can video capture around that time period for me? Upload it to youtube or something? I know it's a lot to ask, but I can try my best to compensate you for it? It'll totally make her day.

Don't do it for me, do it for that Vancouver-style of friendliness that I miss so much now that I've moved to Toronto.

Thanks!

Old
10-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Old
10-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Awesomes
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
I know it's a stretch. I didn't think there was any harm in asking. If you can think of any other way besides asking hockey fans who probably PVR the games, I'd be happy to try it out.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:44 PM
arsmaster

I PVR'd the game, but I have absolutely zero clue in how I can upload/edit it to youtube, tell her she can come over and check it out .

Old
10-25-2011, 05:47 PM
timorousme
luongod

little confused as to how this is her 15 min of fame

Old
10-25-2011, 05:48 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

how was she on for 15 mins?

Old
Awesomes
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
little confused as to how this is her 15 min of fame
I have no idea either. But who am I to argue... Maybe being on TV is a big deal to her? Maybe she was dancing or something? Who knows...?

Old
Puck Ingrate

Any chance you / your friend could tell us how much time was left in the period when she was shown on TV?

I'm poring over the game through my GameCenter subscription but it only shows game time, not actual time, so I can't find anything.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Awesomes
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
I PVR'd the game, but I have absolutely zero clue in how I can upload/edit it to youtube, tell her she can come over and check it out .
haha. i don't think she would be down to do that. although, if you were to use your camera or camera phone to record it i'm sure she would be eternally grateful.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Awesomes
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
how was she on for 15 mins?
Bgav, it's a figure of speech. Not literally 15 minutes, but it's a saying used to explain someone's feeling of being in the spotlight or famous for a very short/limited time. Sorry for the confusion.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 4856
I imagine most people (like me) have already deleted that game Awesomes. It's too bad you weren't a little quicker with this request. I have a feeling you could have a tough time finding anything but good luck though.

10-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Awesomes
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck Ingrate View Post
Any chance you / your friend could tell us how much time was left in the period when she was shown on TV?

I'm poring over the game through my GameCenter subscription but it only shows game time, not actual time, so I can't find anything.
I already asked but she wasn't really paying attention/didn't know she was on the TSN TV broadcast. She just received text messages at 7:17 saying people saw her on TV.

Given that the faceoff was scheduled for 7:00, I would guess that would be 4 - 8 minutes into gametime? I know that's a broad scope... Wish she or I had more information.

Does your game center subscription have the TSN broadcast?

Old
10-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Awesomes
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
I imagine most people (like me) have already deleted that game Awesomes. It's too bad you weren't a little quicker with this request. I have a feeling you could have a tough time finding anything but good luck though.
Thanks, Chairman Maouth. I figured it would be a tough find.

This was the only potential solution I could think of -- asking hockey fanatics who probably record the game on PVR and delete them once a month.

Maybe she could call TSN? I feel that's even more of a long shot than asking on a tight knit fan community like this one where people actually care about other fans.

Old
10-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

That was also the night of the Rick Rypien tribute. I don't recall the face-off being scheduled for 7 that night. And TSN massively screwed things up that night if I recall correctly.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:02 PM
timorousme
luongod

ohh yeah

if it was during the rypien tribute thats probably still up on canucks.com or canuckshd or something

edit: still seems like a lot of work for a picture of yourself

Old
10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Puck Ingrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomes View Post
I already asked but she wasn't really paying attention/didn't know she was on the TSN TV broadcast. She just received text messages at 7:17 saying people saw her on TV.

Given that the faceoff was scheduled for 7:00, I would guess that would be 4 - 8 minutes into gametime? I know that's a broad scope... Wish she or I had more information.

Does your game center subscription have the TSN broadcast?
Yeah, GameCenter has the TSN broadcast of the game in its archive.

No guarantees, but I can try uploading the first period of that game through video capture and sending it to you so you can have a look.

EDIT: If it was during the Rypien tribute, the GameCenter archive doesn't have it.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Awesomes, it may just cost you the price of a Gamecentre subscription to impress this girl.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

You might want to give a description of what your friend looked like as well. I don't think I PVR'd that game, but I'll check when I get home.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Quote:
No guarantees, but I can try uploading the first period of that game through video capture and sending it to you so you can have a look.
I'd jump all over that offer and promise him a dinner next time you're in town.

And find the Rypien tribute.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Puck Ingrate

Actually, if you could give me a brief description of what your friend looks like or what she wore to the game that day, it'd be a lot easier because I'd just have to upload that section and send it to you.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Awesomes
Rookie User

Quote:
Yeah, GameCenter has the TSN broadcast of the game in its archive.

EDIT: If it was during the Rypien tribute, the GameCenter archive doesn't have it.
That would be great! I just asked her to find out if people saw her during the Rypien tribute and she said she'll text people to find out. I can keep you updated once I hear back, but if you want to go ahead and just screen cap it (if you're feeling bored and generous...) that would be amazing.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:15 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Actually, if you could give me a brief description of what your friend looks like or what she wore to the game that day, it'd be a lot easier because I'd just have to upload that section and send it to you.
She's likely average height, average weight, brown hair, brown eyes with no distinguishing facial marks wearing a Canucks jersey

Old
10-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
She's likely average height, average weight, brown hair, brown eyes with no distinguishing facial marks wearing a Canucks jersey

Those shoes you got from Biznasty are having an effect on you.

Old
10-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Awesomes
Rookie User

So it turns out she was apparently on during the Rypien tribute video according to her friends. I checked youtube and found it!!

Thanks so much for helping out guys.

I sure do miss vancouver about now.

GO CANUCKS! This is the year.

You guys rock.

Old
10-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Cool. Glad we could help.

Closed Thread