HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

When will we see Korbinian Holzer with the Leafs?

Old
01-30-2012, 08:28 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

vCash: 500
we
will
see
him
this
week

after all the trades have been sorted out.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Dill Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Somewhat of an unrelated topic, but can anyone who watches the Marlies on a regular basis provide some input on how Blacker is progressing? I figured he would have better offensive stats, but I'm assuming he plays more of a bottom pairing role with the odd PP time?
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=12&p=43289079

this post has an article on blacker from the national post

Dill Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Kulebeans

Both Mikus and Holzer have been seasoning in the marlies for a good amount of time, they are probably reaching near to their full potential soon. However I would not give up on Franson because I feel there is something special there, Komisarek needs to go sooner than later though

Kulebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:07 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulebeans View Post
Both Mikus and Holzer have been seasoning in the marlies for a good amount of time, they are probably reaching near to their full potential soon. However I would not give up on Franson because I feel there is something special there, Komisarek needs to go sooner than later though
Holzer has been the Marlies go-to defender. Not an offensive dynamo, but he makes a solid first pass and is poised. He's also mobile and physical. Not going to be a big time scrapper, but he'll lay the body and get in the oppositions faces.

At the AHL level at least, he's not afraid to clear the crease which would be a breathe of fresh air for this team. He gets under the oppositions skin a bit in that regard.

Eakins gushes over him too. Ideally, he takes Komisarek's spot at a fraction of the cost.

Mikus is a bit of an enigma for me. Guy taken as a project pick with good all-round upside, he's shown some really good flashes, but still needs to put it together consistently. He didn't look bad at the NHL level in exhibition IMO, but he still needs seasoning. He had a great start to his NA career, but hasn't been able to take the next step in that regard. His offensive numbers aren't where many expected them to be, but at the same time the Marlies defensive core isn't really all that offensive.

Unfortunately for him, with Gardiner, Holzer, Blacker (and even Aulie) improving he needs to come on stronger. He needs to bring an element that those guys may not have. In the long run I don't see him cracking this squad, so he could be a player dealt ala Luca Caputi/Nicholas Deschamps deal. Lucky for him, if he wants to re-sign he probably could (he's an RFA) as the Marlies don't have a plethora of defensive depth (and will take a hit if Holzer moves on or up with the club).

He's 23 so he still has time on his side (won't be 24 until next season). A good summer of training could really change his game for the better. Could bloom late, but I think he ends up with another club or back home sooner or later. I just find it hard to picture that he'll crack the top-six given what he's shown to date, but like I said defenders of his size tend to mature a little later.

01-30-2012, 10:14 PM
feeel10

I'd like to see schenn or komisarek beeing traded before franson cause IMO, Franson has top2 d-man potential and I think schenn can fetch us better return than him.

feeel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:27 PM
NoTouchIcing

Great skater and handler of the puck for a guy his size. Doesn't make the best first pass but I do expect he'll be an NHL regular with some team.

NoTouchIcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 10:30 PM
NoTouchIcing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
The call-up list from the Marlies will probably go as follows:

1)Aulie
2)Blacker
3)Percy
4)Mikus
5)Holzer

I second the opinion that I don't see Holzer breaking in with the Leafs. I think he's going to be one of those guys who spends some time in the AHL and either finds his niche with another team that is more thin on the blueline, or he;s just a borderline AHL/NHLer. Aulie has experience, so he's the closest, and I put Blacker and Percy in there because of their draft positions.
What? That doesn't even make sense. Holzer has been dragged around by the Leafs as a spare for a lot of road trips. He'll be up before Mikus or Blacker.

NoTouchIcing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2012, 11:16 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTouchIcing View Post
What? That doesn't even make sense. Holzer has been dragged around by the Leafs as a spare for a lot of road trips. He'll be up before Mikus or Blacker.
Gotta think he's well above Percy too. All in all, that list is pretty...out there.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 05:41 AM
RiellyGood

What ever happened to Lashoff? How's he doing this year?

RiellyGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Barilko14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creschenndolls View Post
Writing a lot of good songs by the sound of it.

Barilko14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Kulebeans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creschenndolls View Post
last I heard he was out with a season ending injury IIRC

Kulebeans is offline   Reply With Quote