HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake? Reebok doesn't (Part Three)

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2011, 08:50 PM
flountown

vCash: 500
The WC authentics are 2.0's but one of the retailers mentioned there are some differences, it is a 2.0 with some added features to play outdoors. This could all be malarky but it sounded like the guy knew what he was talking about...again, it isn't CONFIRMED or anything, but perhaps someone who already has a 2.0 and a WC 2.0 can see if some of the materials are a bit warmer in places...

Old
12-20-2011, 08:50 PM
youthoftoday

Not a jersey question, but I figured I would post this here. Does anyone know where to get player t-shirts in white? THe last time I remember seeing them was 2 years ago when they had them for the WC. I've searched and haven't come across any other Richards and Carter in like small or 2XL. I was in a collectable store in the KOP mall today and they just happened to have a few, but they were all Pronger which I already have. I love orange and all, but they black fades too easily and orange shows through and they end up looking like crap after a while.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Flyers1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
I bit the bullet, I am ordering one from Pro League Authentics, have them holding a size 54 for me, gonna pay for it over the phone tomorrow morning first thing, and pick it up on Friday.
Flountown, did they quote you a price of $350?

Old
12-20-2011, 11:33 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

This isn't exactly jersey related but since you guys are collectors I have a question... how much do you this my card is worth? It's a Claude Giroux signed rookie card with game worn jersey patch on it (mint). I got it a couple years ago for like $15. The closet I found is this card on Ebay that goes for $300

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-UD-Upp...item2eb9ece6c8

This is mine:

Any ideas?

Old
12-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
Not a jersey question, but I figured I would post this here. Does anyone know where to get player t-shirts in white? THe last time I remember seeing them was 2 years ago when they had them for the WC. I've searched and haven't come across any other Richards and Carter in like small or 2XL. I was in a collectable store in the KOP mall today and they just happened to have a few, but they were all Pronger which I already have. I love orange and all, but they black fades too easily and orange shows through and they end up looking like crap after a while.
This post confuses me in oh so many ways... First off you are looking for a white player T-shirt "in like small or 2XL"?... and you want a Richards or a Carter, and expect them to be selling them NOW?

... Also, FWIW... I believe with the Orange ones, the black is made to fade and have he orange show through to give it a vintage, worn appearance... I discovered this with one my son bought a couple seasons back and was concerned until I discovered that they were all like that with that style... and in some cases they are even sold pre-faded, especially with the retro ones with old Flyers names on them.

Old
12-20-2011, 11:46 PM
s3x

Hey guys...

I have a WC Authentic in a 50 if anyone is interested. I think I might splurge on a gamer, so I'm just looking to recoup what I paid ($300), which is $50 less than NHL.com. I can either ship it or hand-deliver in the Philadelphia area. Tags are still on.

Thanks.

Old
12-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Powerforward17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
This isn't exactly jersey related but since you guys are collectors I have a question... how much do you this my card is worth? It's a Claude Giroux signed rookie card with game worn jersey patch on it (mint). I got it a couple years ago for like $15. The closet I found is this card on Ebay that goes for $300

http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-UD-Upp...item2eb9ece6c8

This is mine:

Any ideas?
Search on eBay using the words 'Giroux SPX Rookie' and you should find some. Make sure you look at both active and completed auctions.

Old
12-21-2011, 02:43 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2000 View Post
Search on eBay using the words 'Giroux SPX Rookie' and you should find some. Make sure you look at both active and completed auctions.
Awww snap. Thanks bud. I have a few other Claude items that seem to go for more than this. I wonder about the value, but I'd never sell, I love having them.

Old
12-21-2011, 09:24 AM
Flyers1

has anyone got a customized WC jersey from NHL.com? obviously it is usually best to stay away from their customization, but i was wondering if because of the uniqueness of the materials used for the WC jersey, they would use the same kit as everyone else? What do you think? anyone get one from them?

Old
12-21-2011, 10:07 AM
youthoftoday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
This post confuses me in oh so many ways... First off you are looking for a white player T-shirt "in like small or 2XL"?... and you want a Richards or a Carter, and expect them to be selling them NOW?

... Also, FWIW... I believe with the Orange ones, the black is made to fade and have he orange show through to give it a vintage, worn appearance... I discovered this with one my son bought a couple seasons back and was concerned until I discovered that they were all like that with that style... and in some cases they are even sold pre-faded, especially with the retro ones with old Flyers names on them.
Sorry, I type to fast and don't re-read before I hit Post. What I meant to say is that I've only been able to come across white ones for Richards and Carter(who no one would want) in those sizes, but for myself, I want current players in a Large.

As far as the orange ones are concerned, I like a retro look, but in my experience, these do ever seem to fade that way. The black just turns brownish and they end of looking like crap. Now, not all of my oranges have done that, just a few. I think they just weren't screened/pressed properly.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:15 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers1 View Post
Flountown, did they quote you a price of $350?
Paid 315, based off of their eBay auctions and saving them fees.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Updated list.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-21-2011, 10:48 AM
pelts35.com

I am very surprised that the Pronger hasn't sold at $895.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Flyers1

Quote:
Paid 315, based off of their eBay auctions and saving them fees.
Thanks, that is what I was hoping to hear. I talked to them yesterday and the the guy I was talking to said $350. I thought afterword I should have asked if they could sell for $315, since that is what the auctions were starting at.

Old
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I am very surprised that the Pronger hasn't sold at $895.
As am I, I didnt even bother asking about Pronger's when I got my call. But damn, I'd have jumped all over it.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:01 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
As am I, I didnt even bother asking about Pronger's when I got my call. But damn, I'd have jumped all over it.
I take it that means you picked a different one up?

Old
12-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I take it that means you picked a different one up?
I got Meszaros'. Still not sure if i'm happy or not about it but my dad or brother said that they'd probably pay for half of it.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:27 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I got Meszaros'. Still not sure if i'm happy or not about it but my dad or brother said that they'd probably pay for half of it.

It doesn't seem too late to get the Pronger, as long as you aren't deadset on game wear, which would likely be minimal anyway due to only being a 1 period thing.

Old
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
It doesn't seem too late to get the Pronger, as long as you aren't deadset on game wear, which would likely be minimal anyway due to only being a 1 period thing.
It's probably not but it was already paid for and don't really want to go through the process of getting a refund and what not.

Old
12-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
Sorry, I type to fast and don't re-read before I hit Post. What I meant to say is that I've only been able to come across white ones for Richards and Carter(who no one would want) in those sizes, but for myself, I want current players in a Large.

As far as the orange ones are concerned, I like a retro look, but in my experience, these do ever seem to fade that way. The black just turns brownish and they end of looking like crap. Now, not all of my oranges have done that, just a few. I think they just weren't screened/pressed properly.
Haha... I figured it had to be something like that... I'm always amazed at what I post at first and have to edit to make it mean what I had intended.

On the retro faded ones... I should have said that some of the orange ones are meant to do that, IMO... some are not... and some I agree are terribly made, while greatly overpriced. I'm not a fan of white T-shirts because I personally hate the fact that they are great out of the package, but IMO become not as sweet when they quickly lose that whiteness... and I'm not a fan of bleaching which greatly shortens their life... I save the bleach for only my Tighty-Whiteys and Tube Socks.

I'll keep an eye out for current White Larges... as much stuff as they put out to rake in the bucks, you'd think that they would eventually sell them again.

Old
12-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
To me, I like the idea of having a jersey that was in not only an NHL game, but a special game such as the Winter Classic... the wear and tear, and rips and burns, and stitches and stains are nice, and prove the use, but IMO it is the fact that it was on the player's back in the game that matters.

Almost $900.00 for what is basically an Authentic jersey made up exactly as the on-ice version is a lot... and much too much to pay... I need the sizzle that comes from the fact that it was in an actual game for it to be worth the extra dough... Without it, it is no better than one bought off the 'Net or at a shop... Pronger will have never touched it and it probably will never even be in Philly on 1/2/12, or even at all... For that kind of money, I'd rather have a depth player or Shelly's half dozen minutes on ice than a superstar's name on an Authentic jersey that has a greatly inflated price... even if Jody's jersey is also overpriced.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 12-21-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Old
12-21-2011, 02:42 PM
Shady McCoy
Eagles That Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
To me, I like the idea of having a jersey that was in not only an NHL game, but a special game such as the Winter Classic... the wear and tear, and rips and burns, and stitches and stains are nice, and prove the use, but IMO it is the fact that it was on the player's back in the game that matters.

Almost $900.00 for what is basically an Authentic jersey made up exactly as the on-ice version is a lot... and much too much to pay... I need the sizzle that comes from the fact that it was in an actual game for it to be worth the extra dough... Without it, it is no better than one bought off the 'Net or at a shop... Pronger will have never touched it and it probably will never even be in Philly on 1/2/12, or even at all... For that kind of money, I'd rather have a depth player or Shelly's half dozen minutes on ice than a superstar's name on an Authentic jersey that has a greatly inflated price... even if Jody's jersey is also overpriced.
Yeah, I couldn't care less about the fact that their won't really be any wear on the jersey. I just want one because it was used in the game and will forever connect me to the memory of being there. I'd only want the Pronger because well it's Chris Pronger. I already have one Blank WC (replica) already and probably will be getting one more for Christmas. I can get a player I really like on those when the time comes.

Old
12-21-2011, 03:09 PM
s3x

Talbot. $1750. Should I do it? I really want to but it's a boat load. Plus I need to get rid of my WC 50 Authentic first! ;/

Old
12-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
Talbot. $1750. Should I do it? I really want to but it's a boat load. Plus I need to get rid of my WC 50 Authentic first! ;/
The more I see Talbot play, the more I think his extended period contract with the Flyers will prove to be a great one... and he will cement his reputation in Philly over the course of that contract... I think Talbot is the way to you... if you can't spring for a Briere or Jagr... and can pony up the bread for it. $1,750.00 is quite a bit of disposable cash for anyone, IMO.

I also like Voracek and Bourdon if anyone is willing to roll the dice that they will end up having solid NHL careers... and play in Philly for a good while. Carle and Coburn are tempting also... Couturier is still too much of a reach for that big a nut if you ask me.

Great to talk about... but I just can't bear to spend that much on a luxury like these are... I overspend on my hobby, but I do have a limit... and these are clearly over that limit.

My craziness in this ***** is only trumped by my overall frugal-ness and reputation for being tight with a buck.

Old
12-21-2011, 04:46 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Your not tight with a buck, i just think all these dudes must be from the main line or somethin. it is crazy money were talin about. fer shirts (benji bronk inside joke)

Closed Thread