HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All things positive thread

Old
10-31-2011, 09:41 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

vCash: 500
and smith continues to shred it

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
and smith continues to shred it
I'll admit. I thought he would be with the Ads before the 2nd week. Kid is on fire. Another 20goal scorer to add to the team.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:11 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Craig Smith is #2 in rookie scoring

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Smith is beastly. Somehow legwand has 11 points in 11 games.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:27 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Smith is beastly. Somehow legwand has 11 points in 11 games.
Legwand is no longer on a line with Smithson and Ward.

If he stays on a line with Wilson and Horns he will be putting up points...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Bringing this thread back to mention that we've gotten a point in 10 of the last 11 games. Could be worse.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 12:42 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Bringing this thread back to mention that we've gotten a point in 10 of the last 11 games. Could be worse.
It certainly could. I like the way we're playing for the most part. Obviously there's still areas in which to improve, but we're making it very tough on our opponents to get a win. Right now only Chicago, San Jose and Minnesota have more points than us in the Western Conference. San Jose just passed us tonight with a win, and Chicago and the Wild are only 3 points ahead.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 01:23 PM
Neal Before Zod

A couple of home losses recently, but before that, we had a great run. The Preds are and always have been a streaky team. We just need to make sure the good streaks are longer than the bad.

We parted with a number of Pred veterans over the offseason (as mentioned in my departed thread), and part of me thinks we may have let too much go (especially regarding SOB). Some of it was dead weight (Dumont), some was getting too expensive (Ward), some was dealing away an unknown (Lombardi...plus Franson). Some were just getting up there in years (Sully).

Everyone who has been a Preds fan for any amount of time is used to a bit of yearly roster turnover. We have a lot of promising talent in our system, and that's not something new. Craig Smith has been a huge addition for us...I think exceeding most people's expectations. He has a knack for being in the right position, and a nose for the net. Besides him, we have several others who are familiar faces, but didn't play a full season last year. Halischuk has looked pretty good so far...but Geoffrion and Blum need to step up their games.

One thing to keep in mind is that all of these young "kids" on our roster have a lot to learn, and a lot of experience to gain. I think we've done a fine job so far this season...and what we have to hope for is that the younger players get more used to their starting roles and start producing at a higher level. I honestly would've expected a slower start than what we had considering the roster turnover.

Now we need to press on. There will be ups and downs to the season, but I'm confident that the young players will continue to improve, and we'll find ourselves in good playoff position come the end of the season.

P.S. - Trotzy...please don't ride Pekka so hard. Every once in a while, dude needs a break. Plus, Anders is getting fat off of gummy bears while sitting on the bench.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:15 PM
Top 6 Spaling

We aren't Columbus.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:46 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
We aren't Columbus.
But we're as close to them as we are to first place. (9 pts from first, 9 from last). Whoops, that wasn't positive.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:50 PM
cleangene

We won't suck AGAIN at home next game.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2011, 11:58 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
But we're as close to them as we are to first place. (9 pts from first, 9 from last). Whoops, that wasn't positive.
From the way people are talking around here, you would think it was downright wishful thinking, so it qualifies.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 12:51 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
From the way people are talking around here, you would think it was downright wishful thinking, so it qualifies.
Ha! No kidding.

Breaking news: the Western Conference is ultra-competitive. We knew we were going to be right in the thick of it all year, and with such a young team, we were going to be prone to bouts of inconsistency like this one.

If we're still in this position in late January, then you start fielding offers for Suter, get as many kids up here as you can, and ride out the season. I'm not convinced that Trotz is the problem, but he might get the axe if the team misses the playoffs. Make a few changes, spend a little money in free agency, and give it another go next fall. But I have a feeling this team isn't going to just bow out of this season gracefully. We've got another good surge or two left in us this year. You just have to keep the faith...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Bongo

You're not in Atlanta.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:03 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Next year Radulov hopefully will be back!

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Next year Radulov hopefully will be back!
Maybe be back

Old
12-07-2011, 12:05 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Ha! No kidding.

Breaking news: the Western Conference is ultra-competitive. We knew we were going to be right in the thick of it all year, and with such a young team, we were going to be prone to bouts of inconsistency like this one.

If we're still in this position in late January, then you start fielding offers for Suter, get as many kids up here as you can, and ride out the season. I'm not convinced that Trotz is the problem, but he might get the axe if the team misses the playoffs. Make a few changes, spend a little money in free agency, and give it another go next fall. But I have a feeling this team isn't going to just bow out of this season gracefully. We've got another good surge or two left in us this year. You just have to keep the faith...
Well, In this scenario i hope Suter is signed by then and we trade weber.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
We aren't Columbus.
Speak for yourself.

(Y'know, make that godawful start go away and we actually have a decent team...)

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:57 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Now is the time to bring back this thread and change things on here. The season is a success no matter how anyone tries to say otherwise. With 2 games to go we are 1 point from home ice advantage and still have a great chance at it. I'm not scared of Chicago or Detroit and you shouldn't be either. Let's all stop being scared babies and get ready to rock these playoffs.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 12:58 AM
NoNecksCurse

radulov is a beast

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 01:57 AM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Now is the time to bring back this thread and change things on here. The season is a success no matter how anyone tries to say otherwise. .
I think just about every Preds fan would say they are happy with the way the season has gone so far. But if we get knocked out in the 1st rd, it won't be a success.

Even more so than how we do in the playoffs, how Poile does this offseason will be crucial the success of the franchise.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 06:58 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Even more so than how we do in the playoffs, how Poile does this offseason will be crucial the success of the franchise.
Wasn't that what everyone was saying about the last off-season, and then everyone was all upset because Poile didn't do what they wanted? Except his job is to improve the team and he most certainly did that by making room for kids that were ready to play.

The team has had a great season. We've been able to watch some kids we weren't expecting grow into NHLers. We brought in a kid right from college - first time - and he's shown us flashes of how exciting he may be in a few years. We signed Peks; we have Suter's replacement should he choose to leave. Ownership put more cash up for Poile to make deadline moves - and we added 3 pretty significant pieces, plus ate Rad's last contract year to have him for the POs.

A one-and-done will be disappointing, but even if that happens I suspect when we look back on this season in a few years, we're going to have a smile on our collective faces because we took the next steps as a franchise in being able to legitimately push the big-market established clubs regularly and often.

We all were disappointed Liarpold blew up the club in 07, but look where we are today - talent deeper than that club, younger than that club, and with more prospects in the pipeline. Financially healthier, attendance - in an economic downturn - better than it was. It's a GOOD TIME to be a Preds fan!!

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:21 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I can see why some would view the season as a failure if the team loses in the first round. Last season the team finally won a series. The interest in the Preds has been through the roof, and has continued to grow. Adding to those two things with more success in the play offs is almost a must. Beyond that, keeping Suter would be a HUGE bonus, and success in the play offs could help with that. The same goes for Radulov and Weber.

On the other side of the coin, though, this is one of the youngest teams in the league. There are 19 players drafted by Poile who have, at one time or another, played on the roster this year. The young guys are only going to improve, and if they don't there are more young guys getting closer. Even if we can keep Rads but not Suter, the core is solid for years to come. Other teams are looking at falling off. The Preds are looking at getting better and better. This organization is back to a point where it could seriously turn into another Detroit-type club with continued success even while other teams are stuck in the cap-created rollercoaster of rebuilds-to-contenders-to-rebuilds and so on.

Sometimes it isn't enough to be good. You have to be lucky, too. Let's hope we are both going into next week.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I think we have a better chance of singing Rads than Suter. That is a positive to me at least.

Old
04-05-2012, 09:21 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
...On the other side of the coin, though, this is one of the youngest teams in the league. There are 19 players drafted by Poile who have, at one time or another, played on the roster this year. The young guys are only going to improve, and if they don't there are more young guys getting closer. Even if we can keep Rads but not Suter, the core is solid for years to come. Other teams are looking at falling off. The Preds are looking at getting better and better. This organization is back to a point where it could seriously turn into another Detroit-type club with continued success even while other teams are stuck in the cap-created rollercoaster of rebuilds-to-contenders-to-rebuilds and so on.

Sometimes it isn't enough to be good. You have to be lucky, too. Let's hope we are both going into next week.
This is a great point, TMI, that is what I have been thinking. This team has built a solid young core and they are getting forged into a top notch young contender. They could be set for a fairy tale like run.
But think about it - what, 7 years of 40 wins? check.
High percentage of drafted players? check.
Several prospects ready to step up? check.
Stable front office? check. Local ownership? check.
Increasing profile in community? check.
Improved attendance? check.

I mean, the table is set here. Lot to be proud of...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote