HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Mark Spector: Impartiality at its finest

Old
10-26-2011, 02:43 AM
SonicY
Ad hominem

vCash: 500
Mark Spector: Impartiality at its finest

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...ilers_canucks/
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/...or_on_canucks/

Article 1:
Oh gee shucks, mister. It sure is nice to see my....ERRRR... Edmonton's, Oilers doing well against them Canucks. I mean shucks, the Oilers are just a bunch of hard workers, ya know! And those BIG MEANY CANUCKS, always winning well... that's not gonna happen anymore!! Cuz my Oilers have Taylor Hall and Noogey-Woogey and they try real hard!!! Not that I'm biased or anything. I only host a radio show in Edmonton.

Article 2:

Seriously, how (and why) does Sportsnet try and pass this guy off as a national hockey columnist, when he is this biased. It's frightening, offensive to our intelligence, and vaguely masochistic. Plus, he's a straight up TERRIBLE writer from a journalistic sense, and seems to revel in the nana-nana-booboo's he hurls at Canucks fans from thousands of kilometers away (even going so far as to mock his standing amongst this fanbase in his first article).

Thoughts? Yes, he's entitled to his opinion, but surely Sportsnet must have a bit more class than to run two ferociously biased articles against one party in the span of one week? I mean, I get that he's trying to troll here (and succeeding; he's got me riled up), but this is a little silly.

Last edited by SonicY: 10-26-2011 at 02:51 AM.
SonicY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:51 AM
Kagee*

He sure changed his tune on the Canucks after this game.

Most people have lost all respect for spector after his drunkin' outburst of hatred towards an entire city and his generalization of its fans.

But I'm assuming a lot of people tuned him out long ago, we are just giving him more hits on his dumb columns now.

Kagee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:55 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Majority of Edmonton writers are like this. Unprofessional and confirm their stupidity everytime they open their mouth. Not surprised.

They call out Canuck fans about them getting ahead of themselves about "parade routes" or whatever and yet do the same thing after a win in October and start writing articles like times have changed or something.

We see this every year. They get excited about their team and then reality comes crashing back.

Spector is a moron and fits in well with the talent at Sportsnet. The funniest thing is that he lost his TV job, which is why he has turned into even a bigger homer.

I'm sure him and Dan Tencer love their phone convos.

Dont worry, next game when they lose they can join that color guy in punching out a cab driver.

LiquidSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:56 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
He sure changed his tune on the Canucks after this game.

Most people have lost all respect for spector after his drunkin' outburst of hatred towards an entire city and his generalization of its fans.

But I'm assuming a lot of people tuned him out long ago, we are just giving him more hits on his dumb columns now.
when was this? article or tweets?

Old
10-26-2011, 02:57 AM
timorousme
luongod

that second article is the worst thing i've ever read

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:58 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

The end of the article was the best. and I'll sure to bookmark it

Quote:
Top 10 in penalty kill, top five in goals against, and in Khabibulin, a reborn goaltender with some of the nest numbers in the NHL this month.

There is some life back in this old rivalry, and it can only get better from here.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:16 AM
Kagee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
when was this? article or tweets?
haha no its just that second article the op posted, it was just pure trash.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:22 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagee View Post
haha no its just that second article the op posted, it was just pure trash.
oh my bad. Spector makes Pratt look like Tony Parsons of the media world.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:41 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Seems like a normal edmonton writer to me.

god awful and unprofessional.

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:46 AM
bbud

what an ass all i can say on this one

bbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Eddie Vedder

Taking such offense to stuff like this and acting like the rules of the game have been violated is one major glaring reason everyone hates canucks fans (myself included.. love the team, hate the fans).

As if we dont have our own half competent drivel factories working in the Vancouver media. Everyone writes garbage. Spector, like dan tencer, does this stuff to amuse himself with the predictable and childish reactions it garners. I doubt he loses sleep over the responses he gets.

Grow up and move on everyone. Nothing to see here.

Eddie Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:42 AM
crazycanuck

Spector is an emotional hack who would be better as a blogger than a "journalist" on a National sports media company. Either you have to find a way to get enough support to go to Sportsnet and ask for his head or you just don't give him the time or day and not read any of his articles.

It's like the whole Pratt and Cherry debates, the people who hate them still watch/listen to them because they want to be able to ***** about them. If you don't like it don't subject yourself to it.

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat

Send a message via MSN to Nunymare
Spector is a clown.

He should not represent the majority of other Edmonton sports writers.

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Corb

I preferred Vancouver fans when we sucked.

Corb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:47 AM
Free Torts

Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Spector ranks somewhere around Dan Tencer in terms of professionalism. The fact that either of them are drawing a paycheque from reputable media companies is pretty sad.. but on the other hand, the only place with an arguably worse sports media is Vancouver.

Free Torts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:48 AM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunymare View Post
Spector is a clown.

He should not represent the majority of other Edmonton sports writers.
Exactly!

...and believe me, Mark Spector is no fan of the Edmonton Oilers either. He has openly admitted to this in the past. It's convenience that has him writing pro Oiler's print. He would love nothing more than getting the fan bases at each other's throats because controversy breeds interest and that's in his best interest to make a living.

He's a jerk and a fan of the paycheck. He's a hack that will print anything to make sure he continues getting work. He's a ruder version of John Garrett, who is the biggest booster of the Canucks, i.e. until he gets canned and become a sycophant for the next team.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:54 AM
valkyrie42ca

it must get so lonesome up in fort Edmonton where they have to import women to cheerlead , this is why there is so much insane writing.

valkyrie42ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:56 AM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate42ca View Post
it must get so lonesome up in fort Edmonton where they have to import women to cheerlead , this is why there is so much insane writing.
Wow, such a class act.

Old
10-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Freeway's closed man

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
It's true, though.

Most of our "fans" do suck.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:03 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
It's true, though.

I prefer to look at it as...we don't really have to many "fans". A lot of bandwagoners.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:11 AM
the word*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
It's true, though.

Well, after trying to broker a little peace a poster like nate42ca, and his 40 odd posts comes around and sets the standard.

I cannot stand Spector. He's trying to stir the pot and this thread is proof he's got at least a few readers hooked. Do yourselves a favor, and just don't read his garbage articles. That's what I do or don't do...

Old
10-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Karl Hungus

In fairness, saying most of our fans suck is probably not accurate. It can easily be the perception when a few extra loud people get everybody's attention. Like in many cases, there's probably just a large, silent majority that is just watching and rolling their eyes or have never even heard of HF Boards.

Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Anodyne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
Spector ranks somewhere around Dan Tencer in terms of professionalism. The fact that either of them are drawing a paycheque from reputable media companies is pretty sad.. but on the other hand, the only place with an arguably worse sports media is Vancouver.
Yes, but Vancouver media sticks to trolling its own team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the word View Post
...and believe me, Mark Spector is no fan of the Edmonton Oilers either. He has openly admitted to this in the past. It's convenience that has him writing pro Oiler's print. He would love nothing more than getting the fan bases at each other's throats because controversy breeds interest and that's in his best interest to make a living.
That's like Glenn Beck saying he doesn't have a party to make himself sound all-knowing. There's no way Spector is not an Oilers fan.

Anodyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by the word View Post
I dunno if he's an Oilers fan (sure seems that way to me), but it is in no way 'convenience' that has him writing pro-Oilers articles; it is his total, and unabridged hatred of the Vancouver Canucks. I often wonder if he got the clap from a street walker here or something.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kagee*

Its the bandwagon fans who are the crazies, its only when are losing constantly over the years, you only see the die hard fans still talking about the team consistently.

With that Spector should realize his generalization of an entire fan base is atrocious and uncalled for.