HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Give our squad a chance!

Old
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Habiton

vCash: 500
Give our squad a chance!

Look, I understand what everyone is complaining about. I too want Martin gone, but at the end of the day we are Canadiens fans and if we are true fans we have to realize that our team is hurting. The last thing they need is more negativity to bring them down, give them all your support and you will see how quickly they turn it around.

If something in your life is in the crapper and everyone is criticizing you for it, I guarantee it is worse than if they would be supporting you.

All I am asking is for everyone to stand up and cheer for there team, give them a standing ovation and let them know you truly believe they can win and they will.

Just gotta believe. Enough with all the negativity.

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Forsead

I'm with you, you're so right on this !

GO HABS GO

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:04 PM
CanadaIsHockey

I bleed bleu-blanc-rouge. I`ve been cheering for them since #6 Russ Courtnall, my favorite player when I was 5 years old, and I will forver contionue to cheer for the Habs whether they do well or not.

However as a paying customer for the product, I have the right to complain when things aren't going well. This does not mean I gave up on the team.

The issue right now is not the fact that the Habs are losing. The main issue, at least for me, started in the last couple of years. The team is becoming really boring to watch, win or lose. I want to watch an exciting team, that night in night out gives 110%, they are competitive, show that they are playing with heart, that they care!! Even if they lose, I want to be proud that my team went out and gave it all they had. I am not seeing that anymore with this team.

CanadaIsHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:04 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Of course, the Habs are better than their record shows.. They're a 6th-9th team. But that's what I'm sick and tired of, being a bubble playoffs team. I want them to be fighting for the president cup, not the last place available. If it takes 1 or 2 bad years with high draft picks, so be it.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Rushtime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Rushtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:14 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Instead of having to believe, I'd rather have a squad I know will compete.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:14 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Give our squad a chance! the new avatar campaign lol

BTW Im with you on this.....Lets Go Habs!

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Habs usually respond well against better teams. Our best game was against Buffalo. Chances are, we will do well against Philly and Boston.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
coolasprICE

my last post was deleted so I'll just add the following:

'' that's the spirit! Last to 1st I believe !!!'

'' yaaayyy go habs go I believe hehehe I mean, WE BELIEVE teehee! ''

'' Come on guys, lets support our players, they NEED US to support them more now than ever !!!! ''

Signed,

A " REAL '' habs fan

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Lafleurs Guy

As much as I want the club to rebuild, I still think we're a playoff team. There's no way we're this bad and Price is due to steal us a game. Add in that there's no Chris Pronger and I think we've got a good shot tonight.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:34 PM
habtastic

I agree. We are a couple of goals away from having 4 more wins. Those were wasted chances and it's hurting us big time, BUTTTT, I see a lot of room for improvement

The only thing that worries me is catching up.

But yes, I'm still behind them. Waiting for a (anti-jinx) healthy lineup and the final chemistry to click (and a real Cole-type Cole goal).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:42 PM
gusfring

Clear Eyes! Full Hearts!

gusfring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:01 PM
KFlint

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Clear Eyes! Full Hearts!
Can't lose!

KFlint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
As much as I want the club to rebuild, I still think we're a playoff team. There's no way we're this bad and Price is due to steal us a game. Add in that there's no Chris Pronger and I think we've got a good shot tonight.
You think playoff teams need to rebuild?..thats kind of backwards is it not?. The only reason why we arent a top playoff team is because we have a guy like gomez squeezing out cap space, while we could have used the money we paid him for a superstar. We aren't far off and we don't need to rebuild. Martin needs to go though I have to say that much.

GO HABS GO I stick by this team 200% no rebuild needed just some tweaking.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Habiton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey View Post
I bleed bleu-blanc-rouge. I`ve been cheering for them since #6 Russ Courtnall, my favorite player when I was 5 years old, and I will forver contionue to cheer for the Habs whether they do well or not.

However as a paying customer for the product, I have the right to complain when things aren't going well. This does not mean I gave up on the team.

The issue right now is not the fact that the Habs are losing. The main issue, at least for me, started in the last couple of years. The team is becoming really boring to watch, win or lose. I want to watch an exciting team, that night in night out gives 110%, they are competitive, show that they are playing with heart, that they care!! Even if they lose, I want to be proud that my team went out and gave it all they had. I am not seeing that anymore with this team.
I understand that, however I think you saying that the few is the whole group. I see a lot of heart and drive out of Eller, PK, Price, Pleks etc. They are trying 110%, heck PK skated around the entire Florida team at one point. I think it is just difficult for them to keep consistent pressure knowing the littlest mistake will get blown up by everyone since they are really under a microscope.

The reason they play boring hockey is Martin, and I too want him gone however we have to play with the cards we are dealt. Cant have our cake and eat it too!

Look at the Caps and the Canucks, who just play like **** in the playoffs. Personally I would rather overachieve then underachieve. This squad might not be, on paper, the best, the most skilled or even the most gamebreaking but I think we have the right locker room and with the right coach we could band together and make a real run. Cups aren't won with 1 player, they are won with 21 and 2 goalies.

Just my opinion though!

Habiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Hey at least Halak is playing bad too right now

Go habs go!

RaMMuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:50 PM
PCMN

These guys know how we feel.

PCMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:04 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post
Give our squad a chance! the new avatar campaign lol

BTW Im with you on this.....Lets Go Habs!
I say : leave Britney alone !!

And ... yes of course, ..... GoHabsGo ... in you we trust !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:15 PM
costathing

I bleed bleu blanc rouge..every trade they make I try to see only the positive and YES I can see some good point in this horrible start 1-5-2 were a better team on 5 vs 5..i ( if only the special unit was working like last season ) and I cant believe this team is gonna suck for a longtime again!! too much character in this team too much talent in every line of course our d is pretty fragile but were only gonna be a better team in the end of it... And it will start tonite againts the flyers ..Book it..plz book it

costathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:45 PM
number72

Please someone tell me when I can start to panic. It was too early after game 5 and still too early now, so please tell me when we can panic?

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 04:55 PM
number72

I found this elsewhere and am restating here - when fans state reality, the response is:

Game 1- "It's only one game"
Game 2 - "It's only two games"
Game 3 - It's only three games"
... This goes on through 15 or so games.

Game 20 "But they're in every game"

This goes on until about game 30

Game 30 "Another close loss. Still in every game, but may JM should shake the lines up."

Game 40 "We'll need a lot of help, but still an outside chance at the 8th spot."

Game 50 "We should have fired JM earlier in the season"

Game 60 "Well Price is still young we will do better next year"

Game 70 onward "It's a strong draft. I hope we win the lottery, and we'll have Yak next year. "

What does all this mean? Not only can losing be rationalized, but it's also ok.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote