HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The "Pack Line" Kool-Aid

Old
10-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

vCash: 500
Is the pitcher empty yet?

Seriously, I keep going through threads and looking at posts with lines mentioned with no names, they just say "Pack Line". Everyone is/was so concerned with who play's left wing with Richards and Gaborik, why?, they'd work it out regardless of who ended up there...

On the other hand you have a second line comprised of Dubi, Anisimov and Callahan that has DONE NOTHING, ZERO THREAT, TAKE A NAP, DUMP PUCK, LOSE PUCK, LINE CHANGE, yet nobody's concerned? Ahhhh, that's right, it's the "Pack Line", so regardless of how horrible it is we have to keep it that way so we can continue to say "Pack Line"...Eh ?

I need some "Pack Line" Kool-Aid !!!!!!

Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:10 AM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

People want them kept together because they were are best line last year, not because they wanna call them the pack line. Although I'm not opposed to trying Wolski on that line when he's back

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Not to sure they were a line "most" of the season. Didn't Tort's have Arty bouncing between the third and fourth line?

Old
10-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
They are off to a slow start as is everyone not named Gaborik or Richards. Felt like stirring the pot eh?

They were a line the majority of last season, you're right AA got bounced around a lot mostly on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines. He always does because for whatever reason he's Torts whipping boy. While Dubinsky gets ample opportunity to succeed and hasn't done much but take penalties thus far.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
They are off to a slow start as is everyone not named Gaborik or Richards. Felt like stirring the pot eh?

They were a line the majority of last season, you're right AA got bounced around a lot mostly on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd lines. He always does because for whatever reason he's Torts whipping boy. While Dubinsky gets ample opportunity to succeed and hasn't done much but take penalties thus far.

I disagree, Hank's not off to a slow start, neither is McD, Girardi, Boyle, Prust etc... We're not talking about an individual player here, we're talking about a whole line. The "Pot Stirring" should be done with that second line, you can alway's put it back together later and see if it work's. But right now it needs taken apart...IMO anyway. I guess I could take 10 games, but at the 10 game mark if it still looks like crap it's gotta go.

Old
10-23-2011, 09:47 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
I disagree, Hank's not off to a slow start, neither is McD, Girardi, Boyle, Prust etc... We're not talking about an individual player here, we're talking about a whole line. The "Pot Stirring" should be done with that second line, you can alway's put it back together later and see if it work's. But right now it needs taken apart...IMO anyway. I guess I could take 10 games, but at the 10 game mark if it still looks like crap it's gotta go.
You hit the nail on the head...and I'll add all 3 guys got pretty good contracts this off-season. These guys felt they deserved to be paid more, now they need to start living p to those new contracts...so far aside from some "flashes" here and there, the 3 of them have been HORRENDOUS

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
They got separated last night...

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

I'm going to glance at this thread in a week or two.

Not even slightly worried about this trio. All three of them will be doing their things before you know it.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 12:02 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I think Boyle has been just as bad as Dubi, AA, and Cally.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:06 PM
AXN

Why did Tortorella switch Callahan with Gaborik in the first period?

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:07 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Anyone else think last year they didn't improve, but rather had their career years? They had abnormally high shooting percentages. It would suck if they went back to their 40 point forms because they would be grossly overpaid if that was the case.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Crease

It's unreasonable for the fans to expect all three of these kids to have career years this year.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:20 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXN View Post
I believe he switched them around because Gaborik and Richards are really the only two forwards going pretty well right now. The first line was playing decent but the other three lines weren't producing anything. I think Torts was just trying to spread out the hot hands more over the other lines to get those lines going. That and he probably also wasn't happy with the way the offense was being run and he just wanted to try to spark something.

Mostly it was probably because he wanted to try to get the other lines going.

10-23-2011, 01:22 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Because Gaborik was flying. Probably hoping that Gaborik would spark Dubi/AA and that Richards could find Cally around the net.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:26 PM
hagsfan924

gotta change up the lines but keep step-richards-gabby together...
wolski-dubi-prust
fed-boyle-cally
rupp-anisimov-hagelin

take christensen and newbury out and see if something like that works

hagsfan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:29 PM
beastly115

Quote:

Seriously, I keep going through threads and looking at posts with lines mentioned with no names, they just say "Pack Line". Everyone is/was so concerned with who play's left wing with Richards and Gaborik, why?, they'd work it out regardless of who ended up there...

On the other hand you have a second line comprised of Dubi, Anisimov and Callahan that has DONE NOTHING, ZERO THREAT, TAKE A NAP, DUMP PUCK, LOSE PUCK, LINE CHANGE, yet nobody's concerned? Ahhhh, that's right, it's the "Pack Line", so regardless of how horrible it is we have to keep it that way so we can continue to say "Pack Line"...Eh ?

You're not looking in the right threads then because I don't see anyone drinking the pack line kool aid. If anything, this thread has already been covered in several other threads.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:31 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Because Gaborik was creating too many chances. Torts hates offense and wanted to make sure that instead of having one line that can create offense, we have none.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 01:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

This would be a lot more compelling and thought-provoking if the other lines where lighting it up.

10-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
This would be a lot more compelling and thought-provoking if the other lines where lighting it up.
Compared to the second line they are "Lighting it up"

Old
10-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

:::sigh:::

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2011, 11:37 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubifan924 View Post
gotta change up the lines but keep step-richards-gabby together...
wolski-dubi-prust
fed-boyle-cally
rupp-anisimov-hagelin

take christensen and newbury out and see if something like that works
Wolski and Prust on the same line as well as Rupp and Anisimov?

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 08:37 PM
hagsfan924

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Wolski and Prust on the same line as well as Rupp and Anisimov?
i guess this wasnt too far fetched after all...
torts just had wolski-dubi-callahan as a line and also newbury-anisimov-rupp
i just would have tried hagelin instead of newbury but obviously he is still in CT

hagsfan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 08:40 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubifan924 View Post
i guess this wasnt too far fetched after all...
torts just had wolski-dubi-callahan as a line and also newbury-anisimov-rupp
i just would have tried hagelin instead of newbury but obviously he is still in CT
Nothing's far fetched with Torts. He's gone through every possible line combination in 7 games.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Callahan and Dubinsky are doing their typical good things out there. I dont worry about them much, and think their numbers will be there by season's end.

The guy I worry about is Anisimov. Hes been virtually invisible, and I've never been a huge fan of his game to begin with. Hes responsibile defensively, but he only shows flashes of any playmaking skills and it takes him about a week to get his shot off.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:

Good to see somebody say it already.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote