HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks vs Blues 7:00 Snet - Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2011, 12:10 PM
VanJaysFan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
I think the original plan was to split the back and back. So it's not like taking a start away from Lou, more just going with the plan.

Lou has dominated the Capitals in his career and he's your #1; he's got to play that game. I can't imagine him going into that game with two losses in his previous two.
Yeah the plan was to split them. But in the past Lu gets the hook early and is given a chance to bounce back. He'll start.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I just can't get this. We're CANUCKS fans ffs. We have the worst history of goalies in the history of sport. We have one of the top goalies in the league, and our best goalie ever, for 5.33 a year on the cap. It could be SO much worse people.

http://www.goaliesarchive.com/canucks/index.html
*Sigh*

I understand the notion that we're all Canucks fans and therefore we shouldn't get too down on our players. Threads like "trade Luongo" or "fire AV" that pop up within the first few games of the season are, in my opinion, absurd.

With that said, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--to like about these numbers:

2-3-1
3.45 GAA
.868 SVP

It would be something akin to one of our offensive stars barely getting a point in the opening 10 games of the season. There is simply nothing good to say about those numbers, and frankly, just because we're fans of the team doesn't mean we have to kiss the player's backside even when he plays poorly. 1 game? Sure, write it off. Several games in consecutive fashion? When you take into account his history in the past few seasons? That gets annoying.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:19 PM
xtr3m

Elliot took over the starting job for the Blues, at least for now.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:25 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
*Sigh*

I understand the notion that we're all Canucks fans and therefore we shouldn't get too down on our players. Threads like "trade Luongo" or "fire AV" that pop up within the first few games of the season are, in my opinion, absurd.

With that said, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--to like about these numbers:

2-3-1
3.45 GAA
.868 SVP

It would be something akin to one of our offensive stars barely getting a point in the opening 10 games of the season. There is simply nothing good to say about those numbers, and frankly, just because we're fans of the team doesn't mean we have to kiss the player's backside even when he plays poorly. 1 game? Sure, write it off. Several games in consecutive fashion? When you take into account his history in the past few seasons? That gets annoying.
Did you watch the game last night? Did you see anyone even attempt to check any of the goal scorers? Let Eberle load up in the slot untouched against any goalie in the league and he's going to score ffs.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
CCF
This is the year....

We kinda suck right now.

Would love to see an effort that changes that - start that off by getting the first goal of the game. A team like the Oilers, with the D core they have, should have been exposed last night....

Old
10-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Did you watch the game last night? Did you see anyone even attempt to check any of the goal scorers? Let Eberle load up in the slot untouched against any goalie in the league and he's going to score ffs.
Yes, I did watch the game. Yes, our defense was a trainwreck. Yes, the team's effort level was brutal. And yes, Luongo sucked just as bad as the rest of the team. The second goal in particular was completely on him and his baffling goof up with the puck behind the net.

Old
10-26-2011, 12:35 PM
kaysee26
Rookie User

At least we don't have to watch a meathead like Eager play tonight! After Edler took out his boyfriend, I saw him rush the ice and I just shook my head!

Old
10-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
Last year, didn't Luongo have some crazy good stats for playing a game after being pulled the game before?

Old
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Toblerone
RIP Hickstead

Quote:
I'd like to see Schneider start this game. I think Luongo's in his typical October funk, so IMO, you need to dress the guy who gives you the best chance to win right now.
Does that mean we can leave AV at home too? With his awful winning % in October I highly doubt he is of any use to the team right now.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
What is the plan with these defensive pairings? Developing chemistry or just biding time until Rome's epic, biblical return?

For some reason I see this getting worse before it gets better; could be ugly tonight...possibly some bronx cheers.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:21 PM
xtr3m

Auger to work tonight's game!

Old
10-26-2011, 01:22 PM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
I thought he couldn't work any canuck games .

Old
10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblerone View Post
Does that mean we can leave AV at home too? With his awful winning % in October I highly doubt he is of any use to the team right now.
I think AV has to shoulder just as much of the blame for the team's slow starting--if not moreso--as anyone else. His treatment of the preseason for the veterans has clearly not worked in any of the years he has been here.

But unlike Luongo, we don't have the option of "sitting" him. With Luongo, we have a completely capable backup in Schneider who has looked very strong in his action thus far, contrary to how Luongo has looked.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Auger

Quote:
ill be gentle

Old
10-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Hmmm.. I doubt this makes a difference at all, but it's interesting to note. We'll have to see though. He took some heat last time, I doubt he wants to take more heat for playing favourites. I imagine he'll be as fair as he can with the spotlight on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Last year, didn't Luongo have some crazy good stats for playing a game after being pulled the game before?
Yes, I'd be shocked if Luongo doesn't get the start tonight.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
I just can't get this. We're CANUCKS fans ffs. We have the worst history of goalies in the history of sport. We have one of the top goalies in the league, and our best goalie ever, for 5.33 a year on the cap. It could be SO much worse people.

http://www.goaliesarchive.com/canucks/index.html

I FULLY agree with this statement and also strongly believe the Canuck's fans have become completely spoiled. Some to the extent of being spoiled brats. (See: stupid guy holding Occupy Luongo sign - What does that even mean?) I do not think they recognize actual horrific goal-tending. Cloutier would let in one undeniably bad goal per game.

I also believe they do not know how to recognize the fault of each goal, defensive positioning, or the defensive system the Canucks.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:39 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtu View Post
I don't really care if we've only managed to squeak into the playoffs.
The real games don't start until after game 82.
If we end up being the 8th seed that wins the big, shiny trophy at the very end, then so be it.
That's all that matters anyways.
True, btu that will never happen. If a team is only good enough to be an 8th seed they aren't going to be winning anything.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:39 PM
KDizzle

Luongo was sharp in the 1st period last night. The team D let him down on the 1st goal and he made a mistake on the 2nd and the team collapsed again on the 3rd. The biggest issue is the mental mistakes that lead to those 2nd goals. This team too often lets in consecutive goals in a very short span. It's not a problem with Luongo only, it's a team issue. They need to stop getting rattled so easily.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Must win for Luongo's sake.

Also.. hope November comes early..
Must get blown out for the teams sake.

Also.. hope Luongo trade comes early..

Old
10-26-2011, 01:42 PM
serge2k

Quote:
3 goals on 4 shots.

****ing up behind the net and then immediately allowing another goal.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:48 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

I'm hoping to see:

Sedins - burrows
Amex line
Lapierre - Hodgson - Hansen
Volpatti - manny - weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Edler
Alberts - Salo

Lu

Old
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Toblerone
RIP Hickstead

Quote:
I think AV has to shoulder just as much of the blame for the team's slow starting--if not moreso--as anyone else. His treatment of the preseason for the veterans has clearly not worked in any of the years he has been here.

But unlike Luongo, we don't have the option of "sitting" him. With Luongo, we have a completely capable backup in Schneider who has looked very strong in his action thus far, contrary to how Luongo has looked.
You mean we can't call Mactavish up for a game?

Old
10-26-2011, 01:50 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
3 goals on 4 shots.

****ing up behind the net and then immediately allowing another goal.
IIRC, Luongo has always been poor in games where he doesn't face many shots and the Canucks are in the offensive zone most of the game. Remember games against Minny all those years ago? He just couldn't seem to stop anything.

However, Luongo has always been stellar in games where the other team throws everything incl. the kitchen sink at him... Perhaps Luongo and the Canucks style of play isn't the best fit. I still think it can work though.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
*Sigh*

2-3-1
3.45 GAA
.868 SVP

*yawn* *stretch* *sigh* *burp*

I think this is just as reflective of the Canuck's lackadaisical disposition.

It's like they pressure, don't score, limit the other's teams shots, then have these complete defensive gaffs.

A constant state of mind of "Oh, we got this." even though there's nothing to show on the scoreboard but shot differential.

Hanging him out to dry quite often. And don't get me wrong, he can be much better, but those numbers are not indicative of just his play, as much as the team's play.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Yes, I did watch the game. Yes, our defense was a trainwreck. Yes, the team's effort level was brutal. And yes, Luongo sucked just as bad as the rest of the team. The second goal in particular was completely on him and his baffling goof up with the puck behind the net.

Actually. Hamuis called for the puck to be stopped. Just as much his fault IMO.

Closed Thread