HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks vs Blues 7:00 Snet - Vancouver

Closed Thread

Old
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
MegaSpiderman66

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinstampede View Post
quoted for truth. this luongo situation aint going away. ever.
If florida came to us and said they'd trade for luongo and our 8th round draft pick, for their 9th round draft pick, would you take it?

EDIT: I've been told the draft only goes to 7 rounds, so sub 8th and 9th with 6th and 7th.

Last edited by MegaSpiderman66: 10-26-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old
10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
TheLastSedin

A part of me wants Schnieder to stand on his head so his value skyrockets, but I also want him to get lit up to slay Luongo naysayers.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSedin View Post
A part of me wants Schnieder to stand on his head so his value skyrockets, but I also want him to get lit up to slay Luongo naysayers.

Can't understand why anyone would want the second part...why we would want anyone on the team to struggle is beyond me. I would love for Luongo, Schneider and everyone to play lights out every night, and it sucks when some or all of them aren't up to snuff.

Either way, glad Schneider is getting the start. Hopefully the team comes out with a better effort than they did against the Oilers. The Blues are a scrappy, hard-working bunch...the Canucks will need to match their work ethic.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
luongoisdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtr3m View Post
Auger to work tonight's game!
Where do you find the information as to which refs are working which game before the game actually takes place?

Old
10-26-2011, 02:40 PM
Karl Hungus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
*yawn* *stretch* *sigh* *burp*

I think this is just as reflective of the Canuck's lackadaisical disposition.

It's like they pressure, don't score, limit the other's teams shots, then have these complete defensive gaffs.

A constant state of mind of "Oh, we got this." even though there's nothing to show on the scoreboard but shot differential.

Hanging him out to dry quite often. And don't get me wrong, he can be much better, but those numbers are not indicative of just his play, as much as the team's play.
Well said.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:40 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Steen and Arnott are playing great hockey together. Going to be interesting to see who lines up against them, because that is leaving potent players like Stewart/Berglund/Oshie who have been on/off this season a chance to produce.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:48 PM
VanJaysFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
One would assume Schneider was going to start this game anyway. Until he starts two in a row, you won't really know if they've broken from their original plan.
This has happened a few times before and Luongo ALWAYS goes right back at it the next night to redeem himself.

AV's confidence is shaken.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:53 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongoisdaman View Post
Where do you find the information as to which refs are working which game before the game actually takes place?
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...rows-incident/

Old
10-26-2011, 02:54 PM
dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanJaysFan View Post
This has happened a few times before and Luongo ALWAYS goes right back at it the next night to redeem himself.

That's true. I'm surprised that Luongo's not starting based on the way Vigneault has handled these situations in the past. I'm assuming he's doing it because he wants Luongo to finally have to earn playing time - something he's never had to do in Vancouver. That might be reaching, though. He could easily start the next three or four games after tonight.

Old
10-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Wetcoaster

Pierre Lebrun will be on Team 1040 at 3:30pm PT.
http://twitter.com/#!/Real_ESPNLeBru...77749004214272

Old
10-26-2011, 02:59 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
That's true. I'm surprised that Luongo's not starting based on the way Vigneault has handled these situations in the past. I'm assuming he's doing it because he wants Luongo to finally have to earn playing time - something he's never had to do in Vancouver. That might be reaching, though. He could easily start the next three or four games after tonight.
It's also something he's never needed to do.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanJaysFan View Post

I doubt that.

Probably just decided that that's not the best idea at this point in time. Although I do agree with your observation that this goes against the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanEric View Post
It's also something he's never needed to do.
QFT.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
luongoisdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster View Post
Oh nice! Do game previews on NBC always include the refs for that game?

Old
10-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSpiderman66 View Post
If florida came to us and said they'd trade for luongo and our 8th round draft pick, for their 9th round draft pick, would you take it?

EDIT: I've been told the draft only goes to 7 rounds, so sub 8th and 9th with 6th and 7th.
I would instantly question the sanity of one that doesn't say no almost immediately after being proposed this.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Kagee*

This has happened to other recent cup teams, gotta play the better goalie, these are grown men playing a sport, so for the betterment of the team, they better support each other on whose playing on fire.

Luongo will inevitably get his chance to shine pretty damn quick, I think its best to give Luongo a few games in October then let him play more in November.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Schroeder19

Does anyone know of a non lagging stream of tonights game?

Old
10-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

Schneider will get the shutout to really blow this goaltender controversy through the roof!

Old
10-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Hal 9000*

From what I saw earleir in the year from the Philly game and Detroit game, I'll predict that the canucks play a tighter game than they did last night. I think they've been embarrassed, maybe been spanked by their coach - who knows. But, they'll come out better, make simpler plays - chip the puck out... yada yada and be in a tight 3-2 game.

Win or lose, deserved or not, Schneider will be the hero.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Touch Me Babe

Second of a back-to-back, early start, away game... this is gonna be a tough one...

But I'm anticipating some Schneids magic for the steal.

Go Booth!

Old
10-26-2011, 03:45 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
Schneider will get the shutout to really blow this goaltender controversy through the roof!
I'd hope so, he's playing the lowly Blues.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Reign Nateo

Canucks will play better tonight. Schneider was probably scheduled to start anyway, but I can't help but feel like Vigneault has seen enough. His ass on the line well before Luongo, put in the guy that gives you the best chance to win. Right now that is easily Schneider.

Team will be better as they won't be on egg-shells waiting for Luongo to get ventilated. Say what you will, but watching your goalie throw away this many big games will wear on your confidence in him.

Interesting to see where it goes from here if they do look more inspired with Schneider in net. Aquilini's have money, we sell out every game, send Luongo on a Italian vacation for the next nine years ala Huet...

Old
10-26-2011, 03:47 PM
c0medyClub
Rookie User

Ballard down to 10-12 minutes again, beautiful.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSpiderman66 View Post
There has been some bad luck, but lu hasn't been helping himself. He doesn't fight to make the save, and he doesn't fight for lose pucks. It's evident when you see guys like khabibulin and schneider last night, who fight hard to make the save and don't give up.

Luongo's real problem is confidence and effort IMO.
This is what's bugging me about his play as well. The Smyth goal was just a matter of being strong on the puck. Not sure what he was thinking trying to play the puck with his glove hand behind the net, a 12 year old would have been chewed out for that, but once he gave the puck away he needed to be hard on his angle and force the puck outside to stay, instead he doesn't take his eyes off the guy at the side of the net and fades.

Same as the Eberle goal. Jordan Eberle gets the puck in the slot, what do you assume? He's going to shoot and going to shoot high. So you challenge him, not fade into the back of your net and flail your arm at it. He should have been 6 feet further out, would have hit him in the shoulder. Looked like classic Fleix Potvin on that one...

A lot of his goals have come from his horrendous puck handlng and being weak on the puck. Players blow him right back into the net right now (3rd goal) and that makes it real easy. You have to fight for the puck even when in net. He's slow to cover and not battling. Frustrating. He better figure it out soon.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Reign Nateo

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0medyClub View Post
Ballard down to 10-12 minutes again, beautiful.
Anything more than that and he would be exposed. Can't blame the coaches anymore. The guy is a 4/5th defender at best performance-wise.

Old
10-26-2011, 03:56 PM
VanEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
This is what's bugging me about his play as well. The Smyth goal was just a matter of being strong on the puck. Not sure what he was thinking trying to play the puck with his glove hand behind the net, a 12 year old would have been chewed out for that, but once he gave the puck away he needed to be hard on his angle and force the puck outside to stay, instead he doesn't take his eyes off the guy at the side of the net and fades.

Same as the Eberle goal. Jordan Eberle gets the puck in the slot, what do you assume? He's going to shoot and going to shoot high. So you challenge him, not fade into the back of your net and flail your arm at it. He should have been 6 feet further out, would have hit him in the shoulder. Looked like classic Fleix Potvin on that one...
Luongo had a goaltending coach who challenged him to be aggressive, make himself even bigger. Everyone here made fun of him, the coach treated him like **** and the GM fired him.

Everyone's an expert...

Closed Thread