HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chara still under investigation in Montreal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2011, 11:35 AM
  #101
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
They're called college kids.

Montreal is a beautiful city. Would love to get back there in the near future.
Some people have never been and just like to talk out of their you know what. I bet those people hate the city of New York as well because of the Yankees

Anyways I still can't believe they are talking about this incident, drop it already

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:36 AM
  #102
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,513
vCash: 500
It's really just a handful of people who filed these police complaints who led to the investigation still ongoing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
They're called college kids.

Montreal is a beautiful city. Would love to get back there in the near future.
Montreal is a place known for its nightlife too.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:38 AM
  #103
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
It's really just a handful of people who filed these police complaints who led to the investigation still ongoing.



Montreal is a place known for its nightlife too.
Exactly. Especially in New England, college kids flock to Montreal because it's driveable and they can drink and can see lots of boobies there.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:40 AM
  #104
CamFan81
Derp
 
CamFan81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 18,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
They're called college kids.

Montreal is a beautiful city. Would love to get back there in the near future.
Goes deeper than just college kids from my experience anyways.

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:49 AM
  #105
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,513
vCash: 500
Even if no charges were laid I don't think Chara would want to play in Montreal anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Exactly. Especially in New England, college kids flock to Montreal because it's driveable and they can drink and can see lots of boobies there.
And how is Boston's nightlife?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 11:50 AM
  #106
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Even if no charges were laid I don't think Chara would want to play in Montreal anymore.



And how is Boston's nightlife?
Depending on what you're into, it sucks. Which is why people go there.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:00 PM
  #107
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!
 
8spokesontheB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,830
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Depending on what you're into, it sucks.
You can't find the raves your looking for?

8spokesontheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
  #108
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
You can't find the raves your looking for?
I'm a dive bar kind of girl. Boston suits me just fine.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:44 PM
  #109
howaryuh
Registered User
 
howaryuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejickler View Post
..."the Crown warned it would take time to come to a final decision."

The Crown has spoken.
Pass me the Crown Royal!

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:59 PM
  #110
SpokedLightning
Overpaid 4th Liner
 
SpokedLightning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa
Country: United States
Posts: 6,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Exactly. Especially in New England, college kids flock to Montreal because it's driveable and they can drink and can see lots of boobies there.
OMG Kate said boobies .

SpokedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
  #111
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
And how is Boston's nightlife?
More dangerous, seeing the crime rate difference.

Also, unavailable legally to 18-20 year old people. They come over here and have great parties.

And from what I gathered, titty bars are supposed to be awesome here compared to a lot of places in N.A. Seeing as I never tried those extensively in my travels, I can't swear it's true.

Otherwise, for 21+ people who know how to handle themselves safely and don't wanna drool over poledancers, I don't know why Montreal is considered a better place.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 04:01 PM
  #112
dtam83
Registered User
 
dtam83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Exactly. Especially in New England, college kids flock to Montreal because it's driveable and they can drink and can see lots of boobies there.
fixed!

Exactly. Especially in New England, college kids flock to Montreal because it's driveable and they can drink and can feel lots of boobies there.

dtam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 04:17 PM
  #113
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtam83 View Post
fixed!

Exactly. Especially in New England, college kids flock to Montreal because it's driveable and they can drink and can feel lots of boobies there.
Wait, you can't touch in the US?

... My god, I understand why you are a more violent people...


PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 06:05 PM
  #114
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Wait, you can't touch in the US?

... My god, I understand why you are a more violent people...

No need for the sarcasm face.

Mass has some of the strictest strip club rules.

And I've been to exactly two in my life, and even I know they suck here.

The stories I've heard about Montreal strip clubs....

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:12 PM
  #115
Vineon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudos1 View Post
This is why Quebec and Montreal in particular are thought of in such poor terms internationally. Watch the DVD of Triumph the Insult Dog from Conan's old show where he lays in on the local french Canadians for being smug, arrogant, and out of touch with reality over separtism. Funny and sadly accurate...BTW I love Canada and Quebec and have family there and have visited several times but they really are the laughingstock of North America...
First off, I very much doubt your knowledge of Montreal and Québec allows you to call anything whatsoever about it 'accurate' as if your point of view was enough to put a seal on your own retarded perceptions of what the world thinks. In poor terms internationally? I hope this was a joke. Perhaps in poor terms with some English Canadians that cannot swallow that some people in one of the provinces refuse to acknowledge they live in the 'best country on the planet'.

I saw that Conan video and he did just like most Americans that don't know anything about Québec do, he applied what they believe are French stereotypes to them. Another clear showcase of it is the South Park video about 'French Canada'. It went over his head entirely that France and Québec aren't much the same.. but how could they not be.. don't they speak the same language?! Somehow, I doubt he'd make the same mistake between Americans and the Brits.

As for the Québécois being out of touch with "reality over separatism", I am amazed you'd rather trust a talking American dog's opinions on it than actually try to vary your sources, maybe taking a few coming from the separatists side itself. I'd really love to see you even attempt to argue that the separatists are 'out of touch with reality'. Can you please show me the light? I'm interested.

Someone already replied better than I would about Québec being the laughing stock of North America. From my Québécois point of view, living in that part of this continent that has likely the most progressive views on most social issues and an abyssal criminality rate, I beg to differ.

I have nothing bad to say about Boston other than closing everything at 2 a.m. sucks and that Matt Serra can lick my french balls. Patrice Bergeron is awesome. Raymond Bourque is awesome.

Vineon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:15 PM
  #116
1UP
Registered User
 
1UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
The stories I've heard about Montreal strip clubs....
Are most likely true

Can't believe this thing is still ongoing. Then again, our legal system is the slowest in N.A.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:41 PM
  #117
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Kate08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Medford MA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,151
vCash: 500
I'm overtired and have a NyQuil high, so I really hope the "Matt Serra can lick my French balls" comment is still here tomorrow so I can confirm it wasn't a hallucination.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:44 PM
  #118
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song
 
Central Scrutinizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
No need for the sarcasm face.

Mass has some of the strictest strip club rules.

And I've been to exactly two in my life, and even I know they suck here.

The stories I've heard about Montreal strip clubs....
They would get you to relax even during a Bruins playoff game!

Central Scrutinizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:57 PM
  #119
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
No need for the sarcasm face.

Mass has some of the strictest strip club rules.

And I've been to exactly two in my life, and even I know they suck here.

The stories I've heard about Montreal strip clubs....
The sarcasm face was my comment about you being a more violent people. Didn't wanted to offend anyone, as it's easy to make stats lie...

But the stories are certainly true to an extent. You are welcomed to come and try :-P

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:50 AM
  #120
brec7
Registered User
 
brec7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sydney, NS
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Another thing people have to remember is that we as a public hear about this investigation because Zdeno Chara is a public figure that people take interest in. I'm not a police officer, and I don't work in the justice system- but it's quite possible (and LIKELY, I would say) that there are plenty of cases that most people would consider just as pointless as this that just drag on and on because of red tape and such- we just don't hear about them because the press KNOWS that no one cares, and doesn't bother to report it.

Also, as has been pointed out already, another reason it's taken so long is because things were on hold during the playoffs- which is lucky for Chara, because non-athletes probably don't get those kinds of considerations in legal proceedings.

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 07:46 AM
  #121
JOKER 192
Registered User
 
JOKER 192's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Montreal,Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,701
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Haters gonna hate. Charas gonna skate
............and mishandle the puck and totally suck ,after last nights game the should put him in jail.Stealing a pay check WTF.Many here like to call out Pouliot,have u watched this 7M wonder play lately,again Wtf .And he still gets the Ice time because everyone else on D is even worse believe it or not.

JOKER 192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 10:50 AM
  #122
dtam83
Registered User
 
dtam83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Wait, you can't touch in the US?

... My god, I understand why you are a more violent people...

well I was talking about underaged college kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
No need for the sarcasm face.

Mass has some of the strictest strip club rules.

And I've been to exactly two in my life, and even I know they suck here.

The stories I've heard about Montreal strip clubs....
luckily you can drive down to providence where it is allowed! (not Foxy, but the other ones are fair game afaik)

dtam83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:04 PM
  #123
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
I thought by wearing the pink bunny suit he served out his pennace, but there's no satisfying the crown.

That said, Chara and Pacioretty have put this in the past. The authorities in Montreal should as well.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:10 PM
  #124
sqweaf*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
Goes deeper than just college kids from my experience anyways.
More then college kids!
The company I work for has a branch in Montreal and I still haven't heard the end of it from these grown men. I tell them you should be embarrassed. It doesn't just make their fans look like babies who are truly too passionate and go overboard over a sport; but as well Canadian/Quebec Police look like a bunch of clowns wasting taxpayers money on this.
Not to mention the bed rep from the media. Just let it be over.

sqweaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:12 PM
  #125
HabsHockey
Registered User
 
HabsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I thought by wearing the pink bunny suit he served out his pennace, but there's no satisfying the crown.

That said, Chara and Pacioretty have put this in the past. The authorities in Montreal should as well.
It's just prosecutors who want to get media exposure and money that are pushing this matter. Just like politicians, they are playing the game.

HabsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.