HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ at Sabres | 10/27 7PM EDT | Where the Buffalo Roam

Old
10-27-2011, 09:15 PM
funflyers33

vCash: 500
Virtually every player not named Prospal is overvalued and overpaid on this team, this is a 40 mil team with a 65 mil payroll, how the hell do you fix that? thanks Howie, your capologist lawyer background has done wonders........

funflyers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:16 PM
JacketFanInFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61ncville View Post
He is my fav player and would not want him to leave, but if rick is the only way to get us a #1 def and another stud then ill sacrafice my guy for the franchise cause this is awful
If Rick Nash is traded, another coach will actually utilize him and stick him in front of/behind the net and he'll score 50-55 goals.

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:17 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
I can't say anything that he did tonight was horrible, as I really didn't see the whole game, it wouldn't be fair of me to grade him tonight. but don't you think Cam and Calvert would look good in this llne up. at least better than Giroux? Wouldn't they provide more firepower than Dorsett? We need to score goals. At least 3 a game to win. We are stuck on two. I don't know if this is on Arneil or not, but I would bring up Cam and Calvert and play Johan more. This team needs talent goal scoring wise and right now, we don't have it.
I completely agree with you about Atkinson. I absolutely love his game. Calvert I also love, but he was just another small guy getting manhandled out there. He has some stuff to work on before he belongs back in the NHL.

I'm with everyone else not understanding the Johansen thing today. I know they're desperate to win a game, but you gotta show some trust in these guys and not bury them on the bench at key times. I mean, if you trust the guys that gave up the 3 and 4 goals, what's that say about where you're placing your trust?

Old
10-27-2011, 09:17 PM
jktsfan*

Brassard needs punched. You don't say "I thought we played well" after that game.

jktsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:18 PM
61ncville

Wooten is somewhat correct, dont mean to be one of the lynching villagers but the frustration of playing the guys who give us the least chance of putting the puck in the net is maddening to me. Not having nash on the PK to me is maddening, looking for another reason to use the word maddening lol

61ncville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:18 PM
61ncville

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
If Rick Nash is traded, another coach will actually utilize him and stick him in front of/behind the net and he'll score 50-55 goals.
Couldnt agree more

Old
10-27-2011, 09:21 PM
CapnCornelius

And, can someone explain to me why the heck we sent down Savard and brought him back to not use him?

Why not keep him in Springfield for Friday's game?

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:21 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
You can learn a lot comparing Arniel's postgame interview with Vinny's 2nd intermission interview...

I'm tired of hearing about 43 shots. You cannot rely so heavily on beating the goalie to get a goal, if that makes sense. You have to capitalize on second chances in this league.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:22 PM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
Brassard needs punched. You don't say "I thought we played well" after that game.
Honestly, over all I don't feel that they played "poorly". For me the biggest problem is the damned power play! They are great at drawing chances, but cannot sustain an attack at all

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:23 PM
61ncville

I dont watch the post games from arniel. If i wanted to get fed a line of bs, I would just go watch one of the coach tress;cough; luke fickell pressers.

Old
10-27-2011, 09:23 PM
funflyers33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
You can learn a lot comparing Arniel's postgame interview with Vinny's 2nd intermission interview...

I'm tired of hearing about 43 shots. You cannot rely so heavily on beating the goalie to get a goal, if that makes sense. You have to capitalize on second chances in this league.
Hell let's make Prospal the player coach, he seems to be the ony guy around this team who seems to get it.

funflyers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:28 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by funflyers33 View Post
Virtually every player not named Prospal is overvalued and overpaid on this team, this is a 40 mil team with a 65 mil payroll, how the hell do you fix that? thanks Howie, your capologist lawyer background has done wonders........
Howson doesn't play the games. Its on the players to do their job.

Sucks the season is pretty much over already, but maybe we can get a good pick.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:32 PM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Howson doesn't play the games. Its on the players to do their job.

Sucks the season is pretty much over already, but maybe we can get a good pick.
And it was up to him to get the players that would do the job. So, there you have it.

Let that idiot make the pick again and you can expect more of the same.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:34 PM
61ncville

Hittin the sack fellow jackets, hoping for all yours and mine sakes we some how get off this snide. Im not talking about playoffs, Im just talking about a team we can be proud of and say "thats our team" hopefully that will happen and thats what ill be wishing for.

Old
10-27-2011, 09:39 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
And it was up to him to get the players that would do the job. So, there you have it.

Yeah I would hate for him to draft another Ryan johansen. Or pick up Jeff carter. Alot of their struggles lie with Steve mason, and we were supposed to have deckanich and Sanford to step in, but they have been injured, as has carter, we have more talent than many of the teams we have played. We also have had bad coaching

jacks johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:41 PM
61ncville

You cant ignore the fact tho that minus the Whiz this team on defense is a joke. And intern makes mason a joke. Its GMSH job to get talent on the back end as well

Old
10-27-2011, 09:50 PM
jacks johnson

Quote:
You cant ignore the fact tho that minus the Whiz this team on defense is a joke. And intern makes mason a joke. Its GMSH job to get talent on the back end as well
I agree we need more help on d, but how many goals this year have been a save mason should have had? The first Dallas game was brutal , but mOst others , there was atleast one goal he should have saved, that he didn't, and when your not scoring, you have our record

jacks johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:51 PM
CBJCougar

The rookies weren't very good tonight but it was special teams that shut the lights out. We have to do better.

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:02 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

My deepest apologies for everything. I have learned my lesson. No more GDTs for me.

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:03 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post

Well, if you ask anybody before the season he DID get the players to do the job. But its abotu results I agree.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:50 PM
CBJwheel

This team is on the right pace to earn 25 points this season!!

Blow this team up. Seriously. There have been NO changes yet. What a joke. I don't think I've ever cared less about CBJ hockey.

CBJwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Schtick

I just got home from this game, after being harrased by a Canadian border guard about how much I drank tonight...Only 2, I swear

Anyways,
I thought the Jackets played a decent game and deserved a better fate tonight.
The players of this team are just fine and Howson has done a fine job with this team, with the exception of still having Arniel behind the bench.
I noticed that during the commercial breaks, players were huddling away from the bench twords the corner and making up their own game plan, Vermette was pretty vocal tonight.

Now, my DVD recorder failed to record the game for some reason, and I would like to have this game on DVD for my persoanl games I've been too collection, even though it is a loss.
If anyone can maybe mail me a copy, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will gladly pay you for the shipping, and supplies for it, send me a private message if you can help.

Thanks

Schtick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I was at the game, it was close...

When the Jackets tied the game the Arena (fans) got serious... The Jackets played well and had the game until Mason was beat by Kaleta on a backhand! Kaleta is the last guy I would expect to get a game winner.

Mason blew this game, kudos to Enroth, he faced 45 shots and only gave up two; Mason gave up three on 25 or so shots...

The Jackets looked good, they should have won...

Get a new goaltender and the Jackets could be a playoff contender, stay with Mason and the season is over...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:20 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Wrong, the Jacket defense is not that bad, check the overall season shots the Jackets give up! The goaltender is bad and the main reason the Blue Jackets get beat.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:24 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Yeah I agree... I honestly don't think the team *looked* too bad tonight. I love end-to-end hockey, and we got a ton of that. The problem is Mason is just too flukey to allow for it I think Also, Arniel pulls a Hitchcock every time in the 3rd period, so the team takes their foot off the gas. You can see how well it's working.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote