HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ at Sabres | 10/27 7PM EDT | Where the Buffalo Roam

Old
10-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Robert
BOB

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
Yeah I agree... I honestly don't think the team *looked* too bad tonight. I love end-to-end hockey, and we got a ton of that. The problem is Mason is just too flukey to allow for it I think Also, Arniel pulls a Hitchcock every time in the 3rd period, so the team takes their foot off the gas. You can see how well it's working.
The Jackets had the momentum after the tieing goal, I saw the Jacket players face up, I had glass seats. They wanted this game bad! Mason blew it...

Bass was awesome, not a great hockey player but huge in heart.. Prospal was good as was Nash, Nash wanted this one bad.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:02 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clitter on the point View Post
Yeah I would hate for him to draft another Ryan johansen. Or pick up Jeff carter. Alot of their struggles lie with Steve mason, and we were supposed to have deckanich and Sanford to step in, but they have been injured, as has carter, we have more talent than many of the teams we have played. We also have had bad coaching
The fact that you act as if Johansen is a great draft pick shows how horrible the rest of Howson's drafting has been in the first round. Far too early to celebrate over a kid whose performance has been inconsistent at best.

And, let's be honest--the team wasn't winning WITH Carter.

If you are putting your faith in a goaltender that Nashville let walk away for nothing.... Howson is the one who decided to roll the dice with Mason. Blame where blame is due.

And, again, who picked this coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Well, if you ask anybody before the season he DID get the players to do the job. But its abotu results I agree.
He got players that filled needs, but that doesn't mean this team was ever a sure bet for the playoffs. Our depth was and is the issue. People want to use injuries as an excuse, but the fact is that if you have depth, injuries are less of an issue. Our scoring depth was an issue BEFORE Carter went down. All the injury did was expose this reality.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:47 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Glover View Post
Clitsome?
Just reduce his role, like it should be. Don't jump on that bandwagon.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:54 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten View Post
If you have an argument better than "fire arniel" sure. Not sure I've seen any cogent arguments about what exactly arniel did thats so horrible tonight. Enlighten me.
Other than his management of resources, how the team came out flat (I don't care that they got 43 shots on goal, that wasn't an energized team), another two goals given up by the PK, and not having Nash on the PK late in the game while being down by a goal? I thought he was great.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 07:02 AM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

It wasn't the prettiest game ever but I think, if the Jackets weren't 1-7-1, a road loss like this wouldn't have seemed so bad. Despite having some uneven spots, I thought the Jackets generally controlled the play, with Enroth outplaying Mason.

But the fact is that they were 1-7-1 and many of us were optimistic for a win streak after the Detroit game. That's what makes the loss hard to take.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 07:44 AM
kshymkiw

Send a message via AIM to kshymkiw
Jackets didn't play too bad last night. I would have liked to seen Johansen get some more ice time. He made a mistake, and benching him for the remainder of the second was enough. No need to sit him in the 3rd as well.

Wis - I thought played sloppy. Passes weren't crisp.
Mason - he is mason
Tyutin - sick goal, made some defensive mistakes.
Clitsome - time to reduce his role a bit, he doesn't look like the same guy as last year
Russell - Guy tries hard, you can tell he is trying. I thought his game was a B.
Moore - Looking better and better each game I think.
AJ - Starting to see why no one has kept him on their NHL roster.

kshymkiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 08:49 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanabijou View Post
It wasn't the prettiest game ever but I think, if the Jackets weren't 1-7-1, a road loss like this wouldn't have seemed so bad. Despite having some uneven spots, I thought the Jackets generally controlled the play, with Enroth outplaying Mason.

But the fact is that they were 1-7-1 and many of us were optimistic for a win streak after the Detroit game. That's what makes the loss hard to take.
Good point, Nana.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 09:17 AM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:

This is where I am. If the CBJ has 5 or 6 wins, I'm able to take some positives out of and move onto the next one. But having one win in 10 games makes any loss ugly no matter what the effort.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 09:34 AM
gojackets1
Someday.

That 3rd goal was home ice advantage at its finest..

gojackets1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:

Spot on, well said.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 10:16 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

The defense is moving it is good but we need one stay at home d-men. I like Johny Moore more and more, Kris Russell is good too.. Wiz.. he did not play bad but it is see he did not play long in the game... Tyutin, some mistakes but good moving... Johnson... the seventh d-man... simply Arniel has problems and not for him but for losing two stay at home d-men. We need one back and HS Johnson.

Brassard is not the first line center, maximum the second, put there Johansen and not bench him for one mistake... if he will continue he lost his confidence like Filatov... and we will have troubles. I do not know why Mayorov was benches Dorsett was not better or bass or Giroux as I wrote in another thread Gieoux belongs to AHL or the fourth line not the second. i would call Atkinson with Byers and send back Giroux plus HS Dorsett. Unjoin Vermette with Umberger they will not think together anything.

it is a pity some players are untouchable and the coach cannot make with it anything.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:16 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

The chemistry:

Carter--Prospal
Carter--Umberger
Nash--Umberger
Nash--Brassard
Nash--Prospal
Nash--Vermette
Nash--Huselius
Pahlsson--Dorsett
MacKenzie--Boll
Calvert--Umberger
Calvert--MacKenzie
Mayorov--Johansen
Mayorov--Boll
Mayorov--Pahlsson
Brassard--Umberger (only if there is still one skill player)
Vermette--Umberger
Vermette--Calvert
MacKenzie--Bass
Johansen--Vermette
Johansen--Umberger

Now, who can play the wing from centers:

Brassard? No, he is the minus there
Vermette? Yes... but his weapons are FO, defense and checking.. he is not sniper or passer so he is the average wing and we have not players on the center (without Carter) who are snipers
Carter? Yes... but he is better center
Johansen? Yes his play can be on the wing too

the problem is we do not have a player from our the first lines who would play in the front of the net except Umberger and he is better third line player than second

Arniel cannot do the roster because if he would put Johansen to the center our wings would be "withoutteeth" simply whorse

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Just a quick question, but did Johansen even really make a mistake? Sure he was a little out of place, but he still got his stick on the guy taking the shot, the thing I find disgusting, is he gets punished for that, but how many times every game do we see the other team doing drop passes like that or hitting the trailing skater? I'd venture to say on most nights we see that a good two or three times. I never had much of a problem with Arniel up until the past few games were I've noticed quite a few dumb personnel decisions. He's not the man for the job, I think it is pretty obvious.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Just reduce his role, like it should be. Don't jump on that bandwagon.
Read my post. I raised a QUESTION. "?"

I am not on that bandwagon, I am only on the CBJ bandwagon

Fred Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:43 PM
squarelaces

From my view he was a little late but it was Clitsome's man who scored right through Mason

squarelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Just a quick question, but did Johansen even really make a mistake? Sure he was a little out of place, but he still got his stick on the guy taking the shot, the thing I find disgusting, is he gets punished for that, but how many times every game do we see the other team doing drop passes like that or hitting the trailing skater? I'd venture to say on most nights we see that a good two or three times. I never had much of a problem with Arniel up until the past few games were I've noticed quite a few dumb personnel decisions. He's not the man for the job, I think it is pretty obvious.
If you want to see a blown defensive assignment go back and watch the Sabres first goal. Umberger was entirely out of position on the PK and left Boyes all by himself in the high slot. He gambled on a pass in the neutral zone and didn't recover, he noticed he was out of position about 2 seconds before the puck landed right on Boyes' stick. He wasn't benched or demoted a line (which might not be a bad idea at this point).

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...me-no.-10.html

Quote:
Is there such a thing as a reassuring loss? Dumb as that might sound, the Blue Jackets suffered such a distinction tonight in a 4-2 loss to the Buffalo Sabres in First Niagara Center.
Porty, what was in your kool-aid? That IS dumb-sounding. When you're 1-for-whatever, losses aren't reassuring. Calling it a reassuring loss is like being given a participation ribbon or trophy despite the fact you absolutely sucked. A loss is a loss is a loss at this point.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote