Old
10-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jets View Post
Kane aint gonna do squat.

He's gonna work very hard -- like circle the perimeter countless number of times and try to take shots at the net from god awful angles in addition to his play of trying to "bust his way through defenders" and failing.
Don't forget the wraparound attempt that never works.

(this situation would be the time he should shovel the puck in front of the net (before going behind for the wraparound) to get a rebound or scramble goal)

Old
10-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 50
I might go to Confusion Corner to have a few beers and watch the game. Anyone ever go there? Their promotion on game nights is that if the Jets score, your Budweiser products are half-price until the end of the period.

Unfortunately the last time I was there it was against Phoenix and they scored with like 30 seconds left in the period, and it was their only goal of the game lol.

Coincidentally, there was a woman at the bar sitting beside me who had just moved here from Atlanta two days ago. No offense to the Thrasher fans but she said that they didn't care about hockey there. She didn't know much about hockey and asked a lot of question about the game. Boy did she know college football though!

So here I was discussing the Winnipeg vs. Phoenix game with a former resident of Atlanta. A little surreal, actually..

Old
10-27-2011, 03:34 PM
MadMen88

vCash: 500
There is definitley a sense of urgency about this roadtrip that I hope carries over into game one against Philly tonight...for me, Andrew Ladd and Brian Little are the two spark plugs that can really get this team going. AS well as Thorburn, Glass and Slater mixing things up, and I do mean fighting. But ultimately, Ladd and Little, not Kane or Wheeler, or even Antropov and Burmistrov need to get it going. I think the other players will find their games under the top line players, but so far, we haven't a clue who they are.

Old
10-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
I might go to Confusion Corner to have a few beers and watch the game. Anyone ever go there? Their promotion on game nights is that if the Jets score, your Budweiser products are half-price until the end of the period.

Unfortunately the last time I was there it was against Phoenix and they scored with like 30 seconds left in the period, and it was their only goal of the game lol.

Coincidentally, there was a woman at the bar sitting beside me who had just moved here from Atlanta two days ago. No offense to the Thrasher fans but she said that they didn't care about hockey there. She didn't know much about hockey and asked a lot of question about the game. Boy did she know college football though!

So here I was discussing the Winnipeg vs. Phoenix game with a former resident of Atlanta. A little surreal, actually..
That's kind of cool actually. Did she move up here just by chance? Or just really really wanted to start following hockey?

10-27-2011, 03:40 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

Hey guys just stopping by to say good luck today and ask a question.

How is Burmistrov playing? What do you guys feel his ceiling is going to be?

You guys could have a very dynamic combo with Kane-Burmistrov in the future! good luck!

Old
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Hammer Slammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post

You guys could have a very dynamic combo with Kane-Burmistrov in the future! good luck!
Burmistrov has played amazingly well. Best player on the team, hands down. Comes to play every game unlike some of the early games where almost the entire team didn't show up. Great hands on the kid.

Old
10-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
That's kind of cool actually. Did she move up here just by chance? Or just really really wanted to start following hockey?
A job took her here. But she did say she wanted to understand the game more and become a fan, because it seemed appropriate. At first she said, 'it just seems like a clusterf**k to me.', as it was too hard to follow and she couldnt' see the puck. But she was getting better as the night went on. I told her yeah it's kind of hard to see the puck but you can kind of infer it's location after awhile from the camerawork and the flow of the skaters. I had to explain everything from the number of men on the ice, offsides, penalties, shifts, etc.

I find the best way to explain it is to just draw parallels with other sports if possible, because overall she seemed fairly sports savvy. At some point there was a sloppy Jets giveaway and even she could say, 'that looked like a bad pass'. When the Vancouver game came on later (it was a HNIC double header) she remarked that Vancouver looked a lot more organized, and made better passes. Yeah, I guess it's kind of obvious even to people new to the sport!

Oh sweet as I was typing this I got a call from Jets gear, my authentic is in. Going to pick it up now.

Old
10-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:

85-90 point guy imo... sky is the limit for Burmi...

Old
10-27-2011, 04:00 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:

Burmi has been UNREAL!! It's still early in the season, but every time he is out on the ice its hard to find fault in his game. His line constantly gets scoring chances.

Old
10-27-2011, 04:01 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Prediction 5-1 Jets.

Goals: Burmistrov (WPG), Kane (WPG), Little (WPG), Bogosian (WPG), Oduya (WPG), Giroux (PHI)

Old
10-27-2011, 04:01 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
85-90 point guy imo... sky is the limit for Burmi...
Lazy, any rumors regarding if the Whalers will ever come back?? I'd be a fan of any team that moved there!

Old
10-27-2011, 04:08 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:

thanks for dropping by WangisthebestownerintheNHL

Burmi has far exceeded expectations and he is showing us elite level talent. A very high will to compete in both ends of the rink (rare for a offensively gifted Russian) and a guy with allot of creativity. in the preseason some fans might have criticized him a bit saying yea he can dangle and control the puck but he doesn't do anything with it!!! then the regular season started and Nic amped it up and Burmi not only dangles but he also passes and shoots well and on our 2nd line he is our top scorer and top + - player (producing at a point per game clip) and also valuable on the PK. just past his 19th birthday and he is clearly the most talented player and the most popular with the Winnipeg fans (to date at least)

really nothing negative to say at all and Burmi helps insulate us from the reality of losing.....we can always say three years from now can you imagine how good we are going to be with Burmi, Scheif, Bogo, and Kane!!

Old
10-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
Lazy, any rumors regarding if the Whalers will ever come back?? I'd be a fan of any team that moved there!
OT but Howard Baldwin is trying to build up the AHL team and they actually have some games on local TV this year but need a new arena badly and while alot of people still love the Whalers, I think the support is not enough right now..

I could see a franchise back here in 10 to 15 years thru expansion/relocation with a new arena.

Actually, part of the Reason the Jets are my second team now..(I pretty much love them as much as the Canes now) is because Winnipeg got a team back... I love that story of it all.

Old
10-27-2011, 04:22 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
for shizzle?

Anyone sad to see Bryz struggling in Philly?
Andy I really want to jump on this and comment but I am leery of spooking the taunt gods and having them come back to bite me in the a55!!!

I hope......no, I REALLY HOPE to be able to comment more tomorrow

Last edited by ps241: 10-27-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old
10-27-2011, 04:50 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

perhaps this has been posted already but I was just listening to Hustler and Lawless and Anthony Sanfilippo from the Delaware county daily times is saying that Bobrovsky will be getting the start in goal tonight for Philly!!

So we avoid the Bryz bounce back game

Old
10-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Aerial

Prediction, 4-3 Jets in OT.

For Winnipeg: Wheeler, Ladd, Glass, Burmi with finisher.

Old
10-27-2011, 05:49 PM
TheWaz

4 - 0 JETS!!! a guy can dream can't he???

Kane (2), Welly, Slater

Old
10-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Really... Instead of a decent pregame show they show and condensed game against the Rangers.

/sigh

Old
10-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
I get a really bad feeling about this game, Philly got embarrassed in Montreal and I'm guessing they're going to take it out on us.

edit: Wellwood slots into the first line tonight. I hope this doesn't become a trend.

Old
10-27-2011, 06:01 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Should be a hard hitting game. Not calling a score. Gonna either be a blowout or really close.

Old
10-27-2011, 06:03 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

Anyone have a stream?

I'm supposed to be studying, but c'mon, the jets are on!

Old
10-27-2011, 06:04 PM
dgorsk

i know ppl get pissed when ppl ask about streams, but does anyone have a good one?? i found 1 but it sucks super bad.

Old
10-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Hammer Slammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorsk View Post
i know ppl get pissed when ppl ask about streams, but does anyone have a good one?? i found 1 but it sucks super bad.
This one is from Gamecenter, I don't know how well it works because I only looked for it during the commercial break and there's no video then.

http://ilm-tv.info/channel1.php

Old
10-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

I got the Flyers feed... haven't heard these guys yet.

Old
10-27-2011, 06:09 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgorsk View Post
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/8...ipeg-jets.html

Posted on the Philly forum...

Closed Thread