HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Future Considerations' Top-30 For November

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2011, 04:06 AM
  #1
Aaron Vickers
FC Hockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,246
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Aaron Vickers Send a message via MSN to Aaron Vickers
Future Considerations' Top-30 For November

Here it is.

In conjunction with the release of our 'Introduction to the 2012 NHL Entry Draft' Guide, FC's November ranking for the 2012 draft:

http://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings/

A fair chunk of movement in the first full month of action, including Mathew Dumba jumping to third behind undisputed (at this point) Nail Yakupov and injured Everett Silvertips defenseman Ryan Murray.

Full details of the movement here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/yakup...ember-ranking/

Ceci's the big jumper, slotted 10th. Reinhart slips out of the top-10. Both Nicolas Kerdiles and Ville Pokka fall out of the first round in favour of Charles Hudon and Colton Sissons.

Enjoy some reading for a Thursday morning!

__________________
Get your copy of FC's 2015 NHL Draft Guide now!

Last edited by Aaron Vickers: 10-27-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Aaron Vickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 04:48 AM
  #2
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Vickers View Post
Here it is.

In conjunction with the release of our 'Introduction to the 2012 NHL Entry Draft' Guide, FC's November ranking for the 2012 draft:

http://futureconsiderations.ca/top-rankings/

A fair chunk of movement in the first full month of action, including Mathew Dumba jumping to third behind undisputed (at this point) Nail Yakupov and injured Everett Silvertips defenseman Ryan Murray.

Full details of the movement here: http://futureconsiderations.ca/yapup...ember-ranking/

Ceci's the big jumper, slotted 10th. Reinhart slips out of the top-10. Both Nicolas Kerdiles and Ville Pokka fall out of the first round in favour of Charles Hudon and Colton Sissons.

Enjoy some reading for a Thursday morning!
Yakupov is 6.0 and 190

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 12:59 PM
  #3
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Yakupov is 6.0 and 190
Maybe in 3-4 years.

DanStewartFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 02:44 PM
  #4
MNHOCKEYPROSPECTS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Good list. Thank you.

MNHOCKEYPROSPECTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 03:37 PM
  #5
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 19,093
vCash: 500
The Defensive depth in this draft is crazy.... I hope the Isles make out well....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 04:15 PM
  #6
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,965
vCash: 1000
With all the "Yakupov Vs. Grigorenko" discussion on HF, I'm surprised Grigorenko comes in at #7. Especially with him adapting well to the North American game in the 'Q' this season.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 05:29 PM
  #7
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,419
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Yakupov is 6.0 and 190
Looks like FC's using old statistics (or Hockeydb.com stats) but Yakupov isn't 6-foot yet. Nail Yakupov is just a shade under 5'11" (5'10.75") and 189 lbs (190 is about right)

dean youngblood82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 07:50 PM
  #8
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 6,543
vCash: 500
Few things

Athanasiou is way too low. He should be around 11-18.

How Galchenyuk and Ebert are above Grigorenko is beyond me.

Good to see Sissons in the first round. I think he is a low 1st round/high 2nd round talent, but RS doesn't agree with me.

Besides the first two points I gotta say, solid list.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 07:56 PM
  #9
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,268
vCash: 500
soo much good talent ... omg

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 08:52 PM
  #10
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Yakupov is 6.0 and 190
The Media kit given to scouts at games has him listed as 5'10'/190

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:03 PM
  #11
playthetrap*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Few things

Athanasiou is way too low. He should be around 11-18.

How Galchenyuk and Ebert are above Grigorenko is beyond me.

Good to see Sissons in the first round. I think he is a low 1st round/high 2nd round talent, but RS doesn't agree with me.

Besides the first two points I gotta say, solid list.
Athanasiou hasn't even showed first round potential. He might be the fastest player in this draft, but he needs to learn how to play the game without doing everything at warp speed. His hands are still good, but he's not very strong on the puck yet. Great PKer and he has a great counter attack. Needs to polish his game before we're talking first round though.

Maatta at 18 - I could see if you're basing this off stats. However, he is the most consistent d-man on his team and is very good in his own end. He just needs to get adapted to the PP and his stats will improve (not that they're bad at the moment). He's been way better than Ebert this year.

playthetrap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2011, 09:25 PM
  #12
Defensive Forward
Registered User
 
Defensive Forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playthetrap View Post
Athanasiou hasn't even showed first round potential. He might be the fastest player in this draft, but he needs to learn how to play the game without doing everything at warp speed. His hands are still good, but he's not very strong on the puck yet. Great PKer and he has a great counter attack. Needs to polish his game before we're talking first round though.

Maatta at 18 - I could see if you're basing this off stats. However, he is the most consistent d-man on his team and is very good in his own end. He just needs to get adapted to the PP and his stats will improve (not that they're bad at the moment). He's been way better than Ebert this year.
I agree with your assesment of Maatta, but I disagree with your opinion of AA. I think he is a first round talent solely based on his potential. Once he puts everything together he could be a beast. Or, as someone on the Knights board said, he could be the next Rico Fata.

Defensive Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 05:50 AM
  #13
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup View Post
Maybe in 3-4 years.
according to IIHF and some other quotes he is allready 6.0 and 190. these 5.10 and 170 cant be taken seriously because i saw those numbers 2 years ago allready.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 06:28 AM
  #14
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,547
vCash: 500
Ebert must be at 4 on potential because he hasn't played like that this year.

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 08:08 AM
  #15
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 72,655
vCash: 500
wow dumba higher than i'd think.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 08:34 AM
  #16
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,725
vCash: 500
Haven't seen any game in chl from määttä. He haven't moved at rankings at all. Has he been average? Underrated? Does he have top 10 potential?

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 08:42 AM
  #17
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 9,685
vCash: 500
Grigorenko should definitely be higher after his start in the Q. Super high on this guy, his puck-skills are insane.

And Frk isn't Canadian

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 09:25 AM
  #18
Defensive Forward
Registered User
 
Defensive Forward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 570
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Haven't seen any game in chl from määttä. He haven't moved at rankings at all. Has he been average? Underrated? Does he have top 10 potential?
I've only seen 3 or 4 London games so far (I live in Waterloo from September to April) but he has impressed me a lot.

He could have better numbers if he was on a different team. He has been a rock defensively, and his positioning has improved since the start of the year.

I'd say he should be drafted somewhere between 11-15 at this point. Top ten might be stretching it a bit. He's good, but considering the number of quality d-men from the WHL he probably won't be top 10.

Defensive Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 10:08 AM
  #19
ottawah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Flash View Post
I've only seen 3 or 4 London games so far (I live in Waterloo from September to April) but he has impressed me a lot.

He could have better numbers if he was on a different team. He has been a rock defensively, and his positioning has improved since the start of the year.

I'd say he should be drafted somewhere between 11-15 at this point. Top ten might be stretching it a bit. He's good, but considering the number of quality d-men from the WHL he probably won't be top 10.
Not just the west. I currently have him slotted as the 4th D man out of the O, as does most lists. He probably does not crack a lot of top 10 D man lists, much less top ten overall. He would really have to step up to move into the top 10.

I certainly hear what you say about him, but scout are always looking for flash, steady does not move you up the draft lists, especially this year.

I have seen him very little, and can generally only go by scouting reports. Based on those, for example, Ceci who is around 20 in most lists (10 here, maybe moving up) is a better defender, plus he has better size, and is tearing the league up offensively (top scoring draft eligible D man, top 5 overall). And that gets him 20 in most lists? Matta has a lot to prove to move up much past his current ranking.

ottawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 10:28 AM
  #20
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,311
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
Ebert must be at 4 on potential because he hasn't played like that this year.
These lists should ALWAYS be based off potential. That's the point.

__________________
Scout based in Western Canada - find me on Twitter:

My full account
My Avs-only account
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:49 AM
  #21
ottawah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
These lists should ALWAYS be based off potential. That's the point.
I believe thats more true in great junior players moving down the draft as opposed to average players moving up. Projectability I agree with, but if you cannot get it done at the current level, they really cannot get it done at the next level, while getting it done at the current level does not mean you will at the next level.

ottawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:07 PM
  #22
Mr Lahey*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Great North
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
Is there anyway we could get an example of what we will find if we get the Season's pass?

Like for example, what kind of analysis we can expect?

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:46 PM
  #23
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Completely agree about Ceci. I've been saying since the pre-season that he is going to be a top 10 pick. He scored on an NHL caliber one timer last night, popped the water bottle and everything. He has 15 points in 13 games so far, for a guy who's main question mark coming into the season was his offense, not too shabby

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:53 PM
  #24
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!
 
Sidney the Kidney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,965
vCash: 1000
Ceci looks so calm and composed out there. In the games I've seen, he doesn't look flashy or anything, but he just looks so safe and smooth.

Good positionally, good defensively, smart outlet passes, and it looks like this year he's adding an offensive element to his overall game.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:55 PM
  #25
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Ceci looks so calm and composed out there. In the games I've seen, he doesn't look flashy or anything, but he just looks so safe and smooth.

Good positionally, good defensively, smart outlet passes, and it looks like this year he's adding an offensive element to his overall game.
I've always likened him to Brent Seabrook. Not a guy who is going to wow you, but does everything so well and makes it look so easy.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.