HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you guys expect from Rachunek this year?

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2004, 01:31 PM
The Nhl's Conscience

vCash: 500
What do you guys expect from Rachunek this year?

Ranger fans,tell me something about Rachunek......What do you expect from him this year?? Were you impressed in his performance last year when the trade was made?? How much PP time do you expect him to get and in your opinion,is he the best Defenseman the Rangers have right now?

Old
09-02-2004, 01:51 PM
in the hall

Boom or bust in the Tom Poti fasion. Not a comparison for game styles!

Old
09-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Melrose_Jr.

I'd say he was pretty poor at the end of last season. So was everyone else.

Racheunek's success this year will probably depend on the team's commitment to defense. Like Poti, his defense inabilities are bound to be magnified if assisgments continue to be blown on every shift, forwards refuse to back-check.

Where I'd like to see a solid contribution is on the PP. I want to see Racheunek taking the big shots that Mironov and Malakhov wouldn't.

Old
09-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Synergy27

[QUOTE=Melrose_Jr.]
Racheunek's success this year will probably depend on the team's commitment to defense. Like Poti, his defense inabilities are bound to be magnified if assisgments continue to be blown on every shift, forwards refuse to back-check.
[QUOTE]

I really dont think that there is any comparison between Rachunek and Poti. Tom Poti is a one-dimensional player, he puts no effort into the defensive side of the game and doesn't position himself well enough to get away with it. Rachunek, however, is an extremely capable 2 defenseman. I really hope that everyone who is chiming in with their opinion of Rachunek are not doing so based solely off of his brief stint with us at the end of last season. This guy came from an AWESOME team and was thrown into an absolute mess, I for one do not blame him at all for looking out of place. This guy has already posted two 30 point seasons in the NHL and he is a career +55. In all honesty, I am looking for Rachunek to be our best all around blueliner next season.

Old
09-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Levitate

what do i expect? i expect he'll be the next undeserving scapegoat. his up and down play at the end of last year cemented that...he can play good for the majority of the season, eff up here and there and get bashed unrelentingly for those few screw ups. hell he didn't even get credit for the good games he had at the end of last year.

also you have to take into account that his partners were all rookies...lampman, pock...

Old
09-03-2004, 05:34 AM
Bob Froese

Simple

all i would like to see the kid do is play a solid 2 way game as expected, put some points up on the offensive side , but yet play steady in his own zone.he is a 2 way player, well i consider him that atleast, can be solid basically what i am saying.

Providing , he is put with a steady partner not one that will make misatkes that are unnoticed then when rachunek dont fill in to stop the mistake we all say" hey look he ****ed up , he sucks", because thats not fair on him. would like to really see more solid d play from him and maybe like a 30 point season atleast maybe like anywhere from 5-8 goals and 20 or so assists. dont think thats to much , thats really what he can do so why shouldnt he. and this year he will geta shot, so hopefully newyork dont make him nervous and takes advantage of what he will get , which is quality ice time.

Old
09-03-2004, 05:37 AM
Bob Froese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
I'd say he was pretty poor at the end of last season. So was everyone else.

i woiuld say alot of the poor play had to do with him being paired with someone he never played with plus being traded probably had him a little upset in a sense, let alone the trade being to newyork, with all that pressure on top of it.

i think once he settles down and is not nervous, which i feel was reason for his inconsistant play at the end of last year with NYR, he should be a solid contributor.

Old
09-03-2004, 03:32 PM
melisa

If he will play here he actually will have to "hit" somebody instead of floating around a la Kamensky.

Old
09-03-2004, 03:37 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
what do i expect? i expect he'll be the next undeserving scapegoat. his up and down play at the end of last year cemented that...he can play good for the majority of the season, eff up here and there and get bashed unrelentingly for those few screw ups. hell he didn't even get credit for the good games he had at the end of last year.

also you have to take into account that his partners were all rookies...lampman, pock...
Tom Poti Part II

Rachunek is actually pretty solid on defense, so I expect a 5-7 goal, 25 assist season with solid defensive play.

Old
09-03-2004, 06:27 PM
burner10115

He probably had nerves an that may have been hy he stunk it up. Once he is settled I predict he'll be 2nd pair d-man that is very solid defensively, but wont kick in offense too much. He has a good outlet pass though, but thats not much to brag about.

Old
09-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Tom Poti Part II

Rachunek is actually pretty solid on defense, so I expect a 5-7 goal, 25 assist season with solid defensive play.
bingo

i think he'll be unfairly maligned...but actually play pretty decent. every mistake he makes will be magnified and all his good plays will be forgotten. i think your point totals look about accurate, assuming he gets PP time, and he can play solid defense. he really wasn't that terrible at the end of last year except blowing certain plays, he was pretty tough along the boards and did battle in front of the net. but he made some boneheaded plays that looked like he didn't know his partner and he didn't know his team, which isn't surprising

i like rachunek personally and i think he'll do fine, but i don't think he'll get credit for it

Old
09-03-2004, 07:24 PM
rnyquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
bingo

i think he'll be unfairly maligned...but actually play pretty decent. every mistake he makes will be magnified and all his good plays will be forgotten. i think your point totals look about accurate, assuming he gets PP time, and he can play solid defense. he really wasn't that terrible at the end of last year except blowing certain plays, he was pretty tough along the boards and did battle in front of the net. but he made some boneheaded plays that looked like he didn't know his partner and he didn't know his team, which isn't surprising

i like rachunek personally and i think he'll do fine, but i don't think he'll get credit for it

Exactly, i think it was extremely unfair of many fans to write him off and it upsets me that several people wish to trade him. Remember he was a #3 or #4 (depending on who you ask) on an amazing ottawa defence, players like that don't just suddenly fall of the wagon. He's a great defencemen who was often placed with a college kid who'd never olayed an NHL game before but took the most slack because he didn't put up good numbers like Pock did. Rachunek's the real deal and could easily be our top pairing defencemen soon, have faith, this guy is damn good and smart

Closed Thread