HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This is a bad hockey team

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2011, 05:27 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

vCash: 50
Oh and how many times has Claude Giroux scored 30 goals? Just asking...

Old
10-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Team offered that to Holik, was he a superstar? I'm not putting Richards on that level but you can't say a guy is a superstar because of what teams offered him. If the FA class was a bit more interesting this summer Richards wouldn't have gotten as much.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I guess everybody we sign and overpay for is a superstar! Let's see, hmmm-that would be Holik, Gomer, Drury, Redden, Gabby and now Richards. Wow, we are a relative landing place for all the superstars of hockey except for those superstars who can actually play up to their overpaid salaries once they get here to the land of plenty that is!
Now you know as well why I get a good laugh from the Rangers organization.

Old
10-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I guess everybody we sign and overpay for is a superstar! Let's see, hmmm-that would be Holik, Gomer, Drury, Redden, Gabby and now Richards. Wow, we are a relative landing place for all the superstars of hockey except for those superstars who can actually play up to their overpaid salaries once they get here to the land of plenty that is!
Now you know as well why I get a good laugh from the Rangers organization.
Brad Richards has more talent in his ass than those 4 combined.

Old
10-30-2011, 05:38 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Let's complain about the one good signing we made. I got 99 problems and Brad Richard ain't one.

Old
10-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Oh and how many times has Claude Giroux scored 30 goals? Just asking...
He's in the league 3 years not 10 or 11. I'm not knocking Richards, I would sign him again if the opportunity presented itself. It's just that you shouldn't go throwing the word superstar around so freely in this league.

Last edited by Drewbackatu*: 10-30-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old
10-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Yep, I guess the "Teflon Idiot" aka Savior got it right this time with a ufa signing. Heck, even if you throw darts at a dartboard blindfolded, one is bound to stick. Look, I like Brad Richards and I would sign him again if only because the need on our team is so great for a #1C. But, Brad Richards aint no superstar in this league!

Old
10-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Let's complain about the one good signing we made. I got 99 problems and Brad Richard ain't one.
Not complaining, just saying that he's no superstar just because we decided to pay him 60 million bucks for 9 years. Kind of makes you wonder what the Rangers would pay a real superstar if one became available and the opportunity presented itself? Zac Parise or Shea Weber anybody?? Now those 2 are superstars!

Old
10-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Exactly right! You just answered the question as to which person in the Rangers organization should be fired and it ain't Torts!

Old
10-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Not complaining, just saying that he's no superstar just because we decided to pay him 60 million bucks for 9 years. Kind of makes you wonder what the Rangers would pay a real superstar if one became available and the opportunity presented itself? Zac Parise or Shea Weber anybody?? Now those 2 are superstars!
So let me get this straight. Parise is a superstar and Richards isn't even though Richards has a higher PPG (0.92) than Parise (0.80)? Yeah that makes tons of sense...

Old
10-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

In fact Richards is 12th among active players in career PPG. That puts him ahead of Iginla, Hossa, St. Louis, Lecavalier, E.Staal, Gaborik, Briere, and both Sedins. And of course way ahead of Parise but you already knew that. Tell me there's no superstars on that list.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.

Old
10-30-2011, 06:47 PM
trilobyte

I wonder if anybody here has any ideas on when the team might reclaim their identity as a hard forechecking team that doesn't give the opposition so many breaks.

Old
10-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
So let me get this straight. Parise is a superstar and Richards isn't even though Richards has a higher PPG (0.92) than Parise (0.80)? Yeah that makes tons of sense...
You would take Richards over Parise if both were available and you had to chose one of them? That is f**kin laughable! Richards doesn't touch Parise as an all around player and a game changer in this league. Go ask anybody who knows anythings about hockey the same question. Joe Thornton has averaged over 1.00 points per game in his career(1,000 games and about 1,050 points thus far)-would you take him over Parise as well? Kent Nilson has the 4th or 5th highest point per game average in the history of hockey-does that make him the 4th or 5th best player ever? You really need to get a grip on your method for rating players. Richards can't carry Parise's jockstrap and neither can Gaborik for that matter!

Old
10-30-2011, 06:58 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
You would take Richards over Parise if both were available and you had to chose one of them? That is f**kin laughable! Richards doesn't touch Parise as an all around player and a game changer in this league. Go ask anybody who knows anythings about hockey the same question. Joe Thornton has averaged over 1.00 points per game in his career(1,000 games and about 1,050 points thus far)-would you take him over Parise as well? Kent Nilson has the 4th or 5th highest point per game average in the history of hockey-does that make him the 4th or 5th best player ever? You really need to get a grip on your method for rating players. Richards can't carry Parise's jockstrap and neither can Gaborik for that matter!
Ummmm I think your really overrating Parise here. You make him sound like Gretzky or Mario.

Old
10-30-2011, 06:59 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
In fact Richards is 12th among active players in career PPG. That puts him ahead of Iginla, Hossa, St. Louis, Lecavalier, E.Staal, Gaborik, Briere, and both Sedins. And of course way ahead of Parise but you already knew that. Tell me there's no superstars on that list.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I rest my case.
Yep, there are superstars on that list but none of them are one dimensional players like Richards is. Richards has zero concept and interest in defensive responsibility while he is on the ice. He is a complete defensive liability! He is an elite setup man who was in the right place at the right time in a year when the ufa's sucked except for him. Believe me, his contract will look like horse**** in 4-5 years or less.
The players you mentioned Iginla, St. Louis, the Sedins, Hossa, Lecavalier and Eric Staal are light years ahead of Richards as all around players. While I wouldn't classify any of them(other than the Sedins and Staal possibly) as superstars, they have been and are game changers in this league.
Richards is an elite passer and a very good player who I would sign again but he should never be confused or compared with the other players on your list and Zac Parise who is definitely a superstar in this league.

Old
10-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Ummmm I think your really overrating Parise here. You make him sound like Gretzky or Mario.
No but he is on the list of superstars and game changers in this league, no doubt about it. If he were in fact available come July(don't think he will be, probably take a discount to stay a Devil unfortunately), teams would be tripping over themselves to sign him to a 10-12 year contract for 80 million or more, bank on it!

Old
10-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Right and where in your divine hockey wisdom would you rate Parise compared to the other superstars in the league? This should be interesting.

Old
10-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I wonder if anybody here has any ideas on when the team might reclaim their identity as a hard forechecking team that doesn't give the opposition so many breaks.
That is an excellent question.

Old
10-30-2011, 07:16 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Thornton now? No. Thornton in his prime is a wayyyy better player than Parise. How many scrubs did Parise make 50 goal scorers?

Old
10-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Yep, there are superstars on that list but none of them are one dimensional players like Richards is. Richards has zero concept and interest in defensive responsibility while he is on the ice. He is a complete defensive liability! He is an elite setup man who was in the right place at the right time in a year when the ufa's sucked except for him. Believe me, his contract will look like horse**** in 4-5 years or less.
The players you mentioned Iginla, St. Louis, the Sedins, Hossa, Lecavalier and Eric Staal are light years ahead of Richards as all around players. While I wouldn't classify any of them(other than the Sedins and Staal possibly) as superstars, they have been and are game changers in this league.
Richards is an elite passer and a very good player who I would sign again but he should never be confused or compared with the other players on your list and Zac Parise who is definitely a superstar in this league.
Richards is also one of the best two-way forwards in the league. You seem to be harping on one mistake he made yesterday. He's already made quite a few great plays coming back this year. I'm not sure what personal vendetta you have against Richards but right now you sound like you've never watched a game of hockey in your life. And you can bring up defense and checking all you want but the fact is putting up points is the single most important measuring stick for a forward AINEC. Brad Richards is better at putting up points than probably 96% of the forwards in the league. This isn't another chump like Dubinsky and Avery that fans just fall in love with. This is one of the best players in the world. As I said before, any argument to the contrary is baseless.

Old
10-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Also, Joe Thornton is a shoe-in Hall of Famer so I don't see how Parise could be that much better unless, as another user said, you think Parise is Gretzky.

Old
10-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

And you wanna talk one-dimensional? I could do the same thing with Parise. His assists to goals ratio is almost and even 1, and assists happen twice as often. That means he's not a great playmaker. Parise is about as good at passing as Richards is at scoring.

Old
10-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Thornton now? No. Thornton in his prime is a wayyyy better player than Parise. How many scrubs did Parise make 50 goal scorers?
Agree with that assessment. I would have loved to get Thorton instead of Richards.

Old
10-30-2011, 08:48 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Exactly right. We are missing Marc freakin Staal, my God, these fans talk about him like we're missing Bobby Orr/Doug Harvey/Nick Lidstrom rolled into one. I really like Staal but some of the fans have a case of selective amnesia when it comes to our players. Staal has been a turnover machine in the past and has had a knack of making poor reads and lousy decisions on pinching in offensively. Time to realize we may be without Staal the entire season and so if this team (that some delusional fans here had competing for the division title this past summer when we signed Richards comparing his signing to Messier's in 91) doesn't suck it up and play better, than we are doomed to miss the playoffs(which, by the way, wouldn't be the worst thing to happen with a deep draft on slate for
for 2012). I for one am bloody tired of mediocrity year in and year out!
woah how many did that? Sounds like ur trying to back up a weak points by attacking oppssing sides

Old
10-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Richards is also one of the best two-way forwards in the league. You seem to be harping on one mistake he made yesterday. He's already made quite a few great plays coming back this year. I'm not sure what personal vendetta you have against Richards but right now you sound like you've never watched a game of hockey in your life. And you can bring up defense and checking all you want but the fact is putting up points is the single most important measuring stick for a forward AINEC. Brad Richards is better at putting up points than probably 96% of the forwards in the league. This isn't another chump like Dubinsky and Avery that fans just fall in love with. This is one of the best players in the world. As I said before, any argument to the contrary is baseless.
You don't have a clue if you can classify Brad Richards as one of the best two way forwards in the league. He is a one dimensional player, an elite passer and that's it. I don't know what the hell you're basing your opinion on. Have you watched Richards play in the past? The guy has been/is/and always will be a defensive liability while he's on the ice.

Old
10-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Agree with that assessment. I would have loved to get Thorton instead of Richards.
I think most would. Richards just happened to be the one 1A center to make it to free agency since the lockout, and he happened to want to play for us. We didn't have much of a choice as to which marquee center we got, but I think this one is just fine.