HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

This is a bad hockey team

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2011, 09:08 PM
DoTheBlue
No chokemon allowed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Forgot... I'd be a jinx!

I blame that "Countdown to 50" thread for Gaborik not scoring tonight!!1
I noticed that too. He had plenty of shots but the invisible shield emanating from the countdown thread was just to much to over come.

Old
11-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
This team sucks.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Old
11-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Should we put a sarcasm face in the title of this thread?

Old
11-12-2011, 12:10 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
No, because then the OP will just claim he was being sarcastic later in the season.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:13 AM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
this team rarely ever streaks like this...im getting greedy i wanna see them get 10 straight

Old
11-12-2011, 11:20 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
You can move this post, delete it, whatever, but im speaking the truth.
The team is now on a 6-0 win streak are they still a bad hockey team or have they suddenly become stars?

Don't mistake a losing streak brought about by an obscenely difficulty travel schedule for a bad team.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:20 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Yes please.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:25 AM
broadwayblue

Definitely need a shakeup. What coach is available?

Old
11-12-2011, 11:29 AM
SomebodySaveKreider

This team sucks. "Maryanne" Gaborik is garbage and will never be what he was. John Tortorella should not only be fired, but hung in Time Square as a warning to those who dare have a rough patch of games. Michael Del Zotto is a complete bust, Derek Stepan is mediocre at best, King Henrik is a Queen, Ryan Callahan couldn't Captain a row boat, Brad Richards is a terrible hockey player that brings nothing to the table and we should've signed Kovalchuk.

Old
11-12-2011, 12:50 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
This team sucks. "Maryanne" Gaborik is garbage and will never be what he was. John Tortorella should not only be fired, but hung in Time Square as a warning to those who dare have a rough patch of games. Michael Del Zotto is a complete bust, Derek Stepan is mediocre at best, King Henrik is a Queen, Ryan Callahan couldn't Captain a row boat, Brad Richards is a terrible hockey player that brings nothing to the table and we should've signed Kovalchuk.

Lmao - this is what happens when people overreact to a team that was tired from traveling 16000 miles.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Let's keep this thread going until the end of the season. Let's see if it leads to a 75-3-3 season.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

In honor of this thread, I changed my avatar.

Old
11-12-2011, 07:35 PM
asphyXy

Quote:

Too bad that group in your avatar pic are a bunch of over-the-hill scrubs. This team needs Kreider, Thomas, Valentenko, Hagelin, Bourque, Miller, and Erixon in the lineup immediately, or else they'll never win anything!

Old
11-13-2011, 10:29 AM
haveandare

Quote:
Thats a great avatar. That should be the official HF NYR logo. I'd wear it on a shirt.

Old
11-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
So people are over the top when the team got off to a bad start, but we win 6 in a row and now no one's over the top? Got it, just cancel the rest of the season and give the Cup to us

Old
11-13-2011, 04:23 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
So people are over the top when the team got off to a bad start, but we win 6 in a row and now no one's over the top? Got it, just cancel the rest of the season and give the Cup to us
I forget who, but someone said a team is never as bad as it's worst losing streak and never as good as it's best. The reality is we are somewhere inbetween, but that doesn't mean that we can't overachive a bit. We are probably 4th or 5th in the east...but with Hank and some lucky breaks(or a good PP) we have a shot at the division. Not likely, but a shot nevertheless.

Old
11-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
I forget who, but someone said a team is never as bad as it's worst losing streak and never as good as it's best. The reality is we are somewhere inbetween, but that doesn't mean that we can't overachive a bit. We are probably 4th or 5th in the east...but with Hank and some lucky breaks(or a good PP) we have a shot at the division. Not likely, but a shot nevertheless.
Agree about the in between somewhere point, but as far as where we rank, at best I'd say 5th, I'm thinking 6-8 seed. We don't have enough fire power to rank among the upper echelons of teams. Also our power play MUST be better than rank in the 20s if we want to contend. Because of our lack of fire power it's crucial we capitalize on the man advantage. This also takes pressure off Lundqvist who wouldn't have to rely on literally shutting the team out in order to win

Old
11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner

Trade Callycant And Make Christensen Captain!!!!!!!

Old
11-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
Let's put it this way, I have a better shot at hitting a bullseye at a firing range and I don't even own a gun. We are not winning any divisions or competing for any cups just yet. We are definitely headed in the right direction but we aren't there yet. There are as many as 8 or 9 teams(5 in east, 4 in west) in the league that we could never handle in a 7 game playoff series at the present time. Stay the course and be patient!

Old
11-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Agree about the in between somewhere point, but as far as where we rank, at best I'd say 5th, I'm thinking 6-8 seed. We don't have enough fire power to rank among the upper echelons of teams. Also our power play MUST be better than rank in the 20s if we want to contend. Because of our lack of fire power it's crucial we capitalize on the man advantage. This also takes pressure off Lundqvist who wouldn't have to rely on literally shutting the team out in order to win
Good post dude. Now this is a Rangers fan who's realistic and clearly gets it.

Old
11-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Richter915

Quote:
I disagree about the firepower actually. I think we have more than enough guns that can fire but there is like of cohesiveness right now...it's getting there though. What we lack is 1. PP success (like you said) and 2. Depth. Once our 2nd line goes off the ice, it's over...there's really nothing there that poses a substantial offensive threat. Yes, Prust and Boyle might be able to kill some time in the offensive zone but that doesn't win cups.

Old
11-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter915 View Post
I disagree about the firepower actually. I think we have more than enough guns that can fire but there is like of cohesiveness right now...it's getting there though. What we lack is 1. PP success (like you said) and 2. Depth. Once our 2nd line goes off the ice, it's over...there's really nothing there that poses a substantial offensive threat. Yes, Prust and Boyle might be able to kill some time in the offensive zone but that doesn't win cups.
We have more than enough guns? Where? Who?? We have one legit 30 goal scorer on the team. That isn't going to get it done in a long drawn out playoff series. We are at minimum one more legit goal scorer(25-30 goals) and a big clear the front type of defenseman to be able to contend with the big boys(Pens, Flyers,Caps,Bruins,
Bolts, Sabres? in east, Hawks, Wings,Canucks,Sharks,Ducks in west).

Old
11-13-2011, 06:33 PM
NYRfan68

You know why we suck?
We're soft just like Thornton says.
Why?
Look no further than our soft Europeans. Fire slats and Torts, bring in Don Cherry as coach and GM.

Trade Gaborik for Travis Moen!
Trade Anisimov for Mike Brown!
Trade Lundqvist for a real Canadian goalie like Chris Mason!
We need more grit, less visors!

Old
11-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Rangerfans

I think we should make this our official avatar for the regular season.

"This is a bad hockey team."

It's a win/win. If they win well....it will show how ridiculous and premature this thread is.

If they lose...well...this is a bad hockey team.

Old
11-13-2011, 06:56 PM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

This thread is a hot mess.

Closed Thread