HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

This is a bad hockey team

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-11-2011, 09:08 PM
  #476
DoTheBlue
No chokemon allowed
 
DoTheBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Forgot... I'd be a jinx!


I blame that "Countdown to 50" thread for Gaborik not scoring tonight!!1
I noticed that too. He had plenty of shots but the invisible shield emanating from the countdown thread was just to much to over come.

DoTheBlue is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 10:35 PM
  #477
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,877
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
This team sucks.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168
"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 12:02 AM
  #478
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Should we put a sarcasm face in the title of this thread?

Beacon is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 12:10 AM
  #479
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,877
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Should we put a sarcasm face in the title of this thread?
No, because then the OP will just claim he was being sarcastic later in the season.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 01:13 AM
  #480
GregNYR19
agitator
 
GregNYR19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
this team rarely ever streaks like this...im getting greedy i wanna see them get 10 straight

GregNYR19 is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 11:20 AM
  #481
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,117
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
You can move this post, delete it, whatever, but im speaking the truth.
The team is now on a 6-0 win streak are they still a bad hockey team or have they suddenly become stars?

Don't mistake a losing streak brought about by an obscenely difficulty travel schedule for a bad team.

vipernsx is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 11:20 AM
  #482
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,117
vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Should we put a sarcasm face in the title of this thread?
Yes please.

vipernsx is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 11:25 AM
  #483
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,092
vCash: 500
Definitely need a shakeup. What coach is available?

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 11:29 AM
  #484
SomebodySaveKreider
Registered User
 
SomebodySaveKreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,498
vCash: 500
This team sucks. "Maryanne" Gaborik is garbage and will never be what he was. John Tortorella should not only be fired, but hung in Time Square as a warning to those who dare have a rough patch of games. Michael Del Zotto is a complete bust, Derek Stepan is mediocre at best, King Henrik is a Queen, Ryan Callahan couldn't Captain a row boat, Brad Richards is a terrible hockey player that brings nothing to the table and we should've signed Kovalchuk.


SomebodySaveKreider is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 12:50 PM
  #485
NYRangers16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westchester
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
This team sucks. "Maryanne" Gaborik is garbage and will never be what he was. John Tortorella should not only be fired, but hung in Time Square as a warning to those who dare have a rough patch of games. Michael Del Zotto is a complete bust, Derek Stepan is mediocre at best, King Henrik is a Queen, Ryan Callahan couldn't Captain a row boat, Brad Richards is a terrible hockey player that brings nothing to the table and we should've signed Kovalchuk.

Lmao - this is what happens when people overreact to a team that was tired from traveling 16000 miles.

NYRangers16 is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 01:19 PM
  #486
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
Let's keep this thread going until the end of the season. Let's see if it leads to a 75-3-3 season.

Beacon is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 01:31 PM
  #487
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 7,569
vCash: 500
In honor of this thread, I changed my avatar.

Beacon is offline  
Old
11-12-2011, 07:35 PM
  #488
asphyXy
Registered User
 
asphyXy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nutley, NJ
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
In honor of this thread, I changed my avatar.


Too bad that group in your avatar pic are a bunch of over-the-hill scrubs. This team needs Kreider, Thomas, Valentenko, Hagelin, Bourque, Miller, and Erixon in the lineup immediately, or else they'll never win anything!

asphyXy is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 10:29 AM
  #489
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
In honor of this thread, I changed my avatar.
Thats a great avatar. That should be the official HF NYR logo. I'd wear it on a shirt.

haveandare is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 03:41 PM
  #490
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,501
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
So people are over the top when the team got off to a bad start, but we win 6 in a row and now no one's over the top? Got it, just cancel the rest of the season and give the Cup to us

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
11-13-2011, 04:23 PM
  #491
NYRangers16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Westchester
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
So people are over the top when the team got off to a bad start, but we win 6 in a row and now no one's over the top? Got it, just cancel the rest of the season and give the Cup to us
I forget who, but someone said a team is never as bad as it's worst losing streak and never as good as it's best. The reality is we are somewhere inbetween, but that doesn't mean that we can't overachive a bit. We are probably 4th or 5th in the east...but with Hank and some lucky breaks(or a good PP) we have a shot at the division. Not likely, but a shot nevertheless.

NYRangers16 is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 05:23 PM
  #492
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,501
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
I forget who, but someone said a team is never as bad as it's worst losing streak and never as good as it's best. The reality is we are somewhere inbetween, but that doesn't mean that we can't overachive a bit. We are probably 4th or 5th in the east...but with Hank and some lucky breaks(or a good PP) we have a shot at the division. Not likely, but a shot nevertheless.
Agree about the in between somewhere point, but as far as where we rank, at best I'd say 5th, I'm thinking 6-8 seed. We don't have enough fire power to rank among the upper echelons of teams. Also our power play MUST be better than rank in the 20s if we want to contend. Because of our lack of fire power it's crucial we capitalize on the man advantage. This also takes pressure off Lundqvist who wouldn't have to rely on literally shutting the team out in order to win

Glen Teflon Sather is online now  
Old
11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
  #493
That Stepan Guy
Jefferek Stepaninner
 
That Stepan Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Trade Callycant And Make Christensen Captain!!!!!!!

That Stepan Guy is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 05:56 PM
  #494
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers16 View Post
I forget who, but someone said a team is never as bad as it's worst losing streak and never as good as it's best. The reality is we are somewhere inbetween, but that doesn't mean that we can't overachive a bit. We are probably 4th or 5th in the east...but with Hank and some lucky breaks(or a good PP) we have a shot at the division. Not likely, but a shot nevertheless.
Let's put it this way, I have a better shot at hitting a bullseye at a firing range and I don't even own a gun. We are not winning any divisions or competing for any cups just yet. We are definitely headed in the right direction but we aren't there yet. There are as many as 8 or 9 teams(5 in east, 4 in west) in the league that we could never handle in a 7 game playoff series at the present time. Stay the course and be patient!

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 05:59 PM
  #495
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Agree about the in between somewhere point, but as far as where we rank, at best I'd say 5th, I'm thinking 6-8 seed. We don't have enough fire power to rank among the upper echelons of teams. Also our power play MUST be better than rank in the 20s if we want to contend. Because of our lack of fire power it's crucial we capitalize on the man advantage. This also takes pressure off Lundqvist who wouldn't have to rely on literally shutting the team out in order to win
Good post dude. Now this is a Rangers fan who's realistic and clearly gets it.

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 06:04 PM
  #496
Richter915
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Agree about the in between somewhere point, but as far as where we rank, at best I'd say 5th, I'm thinking 6-8 seed. We don't have enough fire power to rank among the upper echelons of teams. Also our power play MUST be better than rank in the 20s if we want to contend. Because of our lack of fire power it's crucial we capitalize on the man advantage. This also takes pressure off Lundqvist who wouldn't have to rely on literally shutting the team out in order to win
I disagree about the firepower actually. I think we have more than enough guns that can fire but there is like of cohesiveness right now...it's getting there though. What we lack is 1. PP success (like you said) and 2. Depth. Once our 2nd line goes off the ice, it's over...there's really nothing there that poses a substantial offensive threat. Yes, Prust and Boyle might be able to kill some time in the offensive zone but that doesn't win cups.

Richter915 is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 06:24 PM
  #497
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter915 View Post
I disagree about the firepower actually. I think we have more than enough guns that can fire but there is like of cohesiveness right now...it's getting there though. What we lack is 1. PP success (like you said) and 2. Depth. Once our 2nd line goes off the ice, it's over...there's really nothing there that poses a substantial offensive threat. Yes, Prust and Boyle might be able to kill some time in the offensive zone but that doesn't win cups.
We have more than enough guns? Where? Who?? We have one legit 30 goal scorer on the team. That isn't going to get it done in a long drawn out playoff series. We are at minimum one more legit goal scorer(25-30 goals) and a big clear the front type of defenseman to be able to contend with the big boys(Pens, Flyers,Caps,Bruins,
Bolts, Sabres? in east, Hawks, Wings,Canucks,Sharks,Ducks in west).

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 06:33 PM
  #498
NYRfan68
Registered User
 
NYRfan68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,743
vCash: 500
You know why we suck?
We're soft just like Thornton says.
Why?
Look no further than our soft Europeans. Fire slats and Torts, bring in Don Cherry as coach and GM.

Trade Gaborik for Travis Moen!
Trade Anisimov for Mike Brown!
Trade Lundqvist for a real Canadian goalie like Chris Mason!
We need more grit, less visors!

NYRfan68 is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 06:36 PM
  #499
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,076
vCash: 500
I think we should make this our official avatar for the regular season.

"This is a bad hockey team."

It's a win/win. If they win well....it will show how ridiculous and premature this thread is.

If they lose...well...this is a bad hockey team.

Rangerfans is offline  
Old
11-13-2011, 06:56 PM
  #500
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,094
vCash: 500
This thread is a hot mess.

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.