Ron Hainsey

Old
10-28-2011, 09:59 AM
bigplay41*
BIG MEECH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41*
Ron Hainsey

would you guys say that losing Ron Hainsey is the main ready our defense looks terrible? Guy was rock solid for us

bigplay41* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Hank Chinaski

vCash: 50
It's a pretty big reason, to be sure. Without him, we have two top-4 defensemen in the lineup. One is essentially being paired with himself, the other (Bogosian) needs to be paired with a stay-at-home rock. While I love Stuart, he really should be a bottom pairing guy. He just can't cover up Bogosian brain cramps (which are happening less and less, I will admit) and Oduya's inconsistency the way that Hainsey can.

We need him back in the lineup ASAP.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 11:30 AM
IMckay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
It's a pretty big reason, to be sure. Without him, we have two top-4 defensemen in the lineup. One is essentially being paired with himself, the other (Bogosian) needs to be paired with a stay-at-home rock. While I love Stuart, he really should be a bottom pairing guy. He just can't cover up Bogosian brain cramps (which are happening less and less, I will admit) and Oduya's inconsistency the way that Hainsey can.

I hesitantly agree. I really think pairing with Stuart has been great for Bogo and helped his game come along the way it has. He's developed a gritty side that wasn't really there before, and I think Stu has a lot to do with that (Bogo even said so himself in an interview)

That being said I really like Hainsey and he's definitely a top 4 guy here. If I had my way I'd try Buff on the Ladd-Little line and try Enstrom-Hainsey as a pairing.

IMckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 12:58 PM
sting13

Quote:

Which one of the three: Bogo, Buf or Toby do you not consider as a top 4 D?

I believe all three are top 4 in my book. They all need to work in the back end better
but I'm sure any team would use them in their top four.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting13 View Post

I believe all three are top 4 in my book. They all need to work in the back end better
Bogo is not top4 yet. He's making strides but is not there yet
Byfuglien is not anywhere close to top 4.
Toby is the only legitimate top4 in the lineup right now.

Last edited by Lynk: 10-28-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:14 PM
tbcwpg

I think Toby is solid in his end, I've been satisfied with Bogosian's improvement this year from last year, and I think Buff knows nothing about defending.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
I think Toby is solid in his end, I've been satisfied with Bogosian's improvement this year from last year, and I think Buff knows nothing about defending.
I agree 100%.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 01:42 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMckay View Post
I hesitantly agree. I really think pairing with Stuart has been great for Bogo and helped his game come along the way it has. He's developed a gritty side that wasn't really there before, and I think Stu has a lot to do with that (Bogo even said so himself in an interview)

That being said I really like Hainsey and he's definitely a top 4 guy here. If I had my way I'd try Buff on the Ladd-Little line and try Enstrom-Hainsey as a pairing.
Bogo has always had that gritty side, he just hasn't used it much in the last year. It seems like Stuart is helping bring that back out.

If any of us had it our way, Buff would be up front. Unfortunately....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Short and to the point. I agree.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:26 PM
Hank Chinaski

Quote:

Toby obviously, and Bogosian is looking more and more like a legit top 4 in my books. Byfuglien...sorry. Calling him a defenseman is being generous, let alone considering him a top 4 guy. If he was producing at a point per game clip, then maybe you could call him top 4. PPG production would be a fair trade-off for his absolute ineptitude in his own end. As it stands, he's been one of our least effective dmen to date IMO.

Back OT, any news on how close Hainsey is to returning? I was wondering if waiving MacLean might be related to him returning for tomorrow vs. Tampa.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

Quote:
Toby obviously, and Bogosian is looking more and more like a legit top 4 in my books. Byfuglien...sorry. Calling him a defenseman is being generous, let alone considering him a top 4 guy. If he was producing at a point per game clip, then maybe you could call him top 4. PPG production would be a fair trade-off for his absolute ineptitude in his own end. As it stands, he's been one of our least effective dmen to date IMO.

Back OT, any news on how close Hainsey is to returning? I was wondering if waiving MacLean might be related to him returning for tomorrow vs. Tampa.
News is we will need his 6 goals if we're gonna have another one of the shootout at the ok corral games like last night!

As for Buff, lets get unorthodox here!!! How about a line with four forwards and one defenceman?

Mungman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:36 PM
sting13

Quote:

It might be for Eric Fehr. He made the trip with the team.

sting13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Mungman
It's you not me.

Quote:
It might be for Eric Fehr. He made the trip with the team.
I think he's still a ways away, last i heard was mid-November. I think he's on the trip to practice so he can come back shortly after they get back.

Mungman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2011, 02:48 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:

Buff is not a top 4 defenseman for any decent team

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:12 AM
KeziaTML

How far away is Hainsey from returning?

KeziaTML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Guerzy
Winnipeg Whiteout

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
How far away is Hainsey from returning?
Likely at some point during the remaining 5 game road trip.

Quote:
Jets will likely get defenceman Ron Hainsey (upper-body) back later in this seven-game road trip.
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/10/3...next-challenge

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43225&dateline=142820  3509
Guerzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 03:40 PM
Sweech
Kane & The Dane

vCash: 5239
Hainsey is a great mainstay and I can't wait to see him back in the lineup. I still want to keep the Bogo-Stuart combo going as they really compliment each other well. As well as the fact that whenever Hainsey and Bogo are paired it always makes Bogo look bad.

Either way I can't wait till he gets back and can be more solid than Oduya + Jones.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

enstrom
bogo-hainsey
stuart-oduya

at this point i don't even consider byfuglien a defenseman.

hainsey is needed. bogo and stuart are the two most physical d-men on the team, so it is better to spread them out so both of the pairings have some grit to them. stuart is solid enough to make up for oduya most of the time.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:26 PM
Jet
Big Ben

God I want Ron back.

the million dollar question is, who sits?

People hate Jones by default, but really REALLY look at his body of work in his 5 regular season games with the Jets. He has been more than solid.

His best game was the Tampa game as well... some very nice passing and great defensive plays.

At this point, I scratch Byfuglien to send a message... bag skate him and give him extra sessions with Huddy learning positioning and when/ when not to pinch.

Then I say Oduya comes out. He plays well for big stretches and then does something ridiculously bad.

Enstrom, Stuart, Bogosian, and Jones have all been very good IMO.

10-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Love Hainsey. Need him back ASAP. I see why you find Buff frustrating, but love watching him play.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 05:57 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 162
My ideal pairings:

Bogosian - Stuart
Enstrom - Byfuglien
Hainsey - Jones

I'd sit out Oduya. Not every pairing needs an offensive defenseman. Jones has been pretty solid for the most part. He's the least flashy d-man on the team and generally plays it safe.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
My ideal pairings:

Bogosian - Stuart
Enstrom - Byfuglien
Hainsey - Jones

I'd sit out Oduya. Not every pairing needs an offensive defenseman. Jones has been pretty solid for the most part. He's the least flashy d-man on the team and generally plays it safe.
don't forget hainsey was drafted and brought up as a pmd. he's no mike green, but he can play offense. it wasn't until last year that he started to emerge as a defensive d-man. he's still got plenty of offensive ability.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Inflict
Viking

While Byfuglien deserves all the criticism (I support benching him for a game or two), people who say he is not a top 4 defenseman are out of their minds. A defenseman who finishes 1st for goals and was 4th for points in their position last year is not only a top 4 defenseman but a top 10 defenseman in the league IMO.

While Buff has not performed up to those standards this year, you also have to factor in that this is a brand new coaching staff, his legal issues, and the whole move from Atlanta. He is slow to start out the gate, but it wont stay that way for long.

Back on topic with Ron - He is a solid D-man but overpaid. I've always considered him a bottom pairing/7th d-man at best, but he changed my opinion from what I've seen from him so far. He and Stuart can make a solid shutdown line and Ron can also chip in on the PP if given the opportunity.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
While Byfuglien deserves all the criticism (I support benching him for a game or two), people who say he is not a top 4 defenseman are out of their minds. A defenseman who finishes 1st for goals and was 4th for points in their position last year is not only a top 4 defenseman but a top 10 defenseman in the league IMO.

While Buff has not performed up to those standards this year, you also have to factor in that this is a brand new coaching staff, his legal issues, and the whole move from Atlanta. He is slow to start out the gate, but it wont stay that way for long.
Whoa.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:25 AM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post

Back on topic with Ron - He is a solid D-man but overpaid. I've always considered him a bottom pairing/7th d-man at best, but he changed my opinion from what I've seen from him so far. He and Stuart can make a solid shutdown line and Ron can also chip in on the PP if given the opportunity.
You must have an odd top 10. I bet Karlsson is in it?

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:22 AM
ps241
Jets will fly 4 Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
You must have an odd top 10. I bet Karlsson is in it?
do you not like Karlsson Duke or are you just saying he is not top 10? I think the kid is going to be special.....now Buff on the other hand

We could use Hainsey back any day now thank you!

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote