Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2004, 07:58 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion Mustard
Remember one thing kids, what goes around, comes around. These calls and bounces are eventually going to go against the Knights. When that happens, I hope you goofs have some good excuses.
lol, someone suckin' on those sour grapes? Everyone knows the streak will end eventually, Im sure most of us thought it would today with our top 3 PKers off to Winnipeg, but they still found a way. WE as Knight fans haven't had something to cheer about often, and when we finally get a good team, and get some recognition, and enjoy it a bit, everyone hates us for it?? Give me a break.

@ Douggy: When you made this topic way back in the preseason, in your wildest dreams would you have imagined something like this?

Old
12-13-2004, 08:57 PM
trahans99

Best PP since 1980s

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Best power play in country since Swift Current of the 1980's? Wow what a compliment to the Knights PP.

Old
12-14-2004, 09:55 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Keep it going boys, this is one helluva season!

Coincidence: I haven't gotten to see them play this year live due to school, and they haven't lost a game? Maybe I will continue my stay away from the rink

Old
12-16-2004, 09:17 AM
Stoags

Knights Trade?

Looks like the Knights made a trade to get over the loss of Rediker...

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/London...84876-sun.html

Old
12-16-2004, 11:49 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Canada makes their cuts today, only Bolland will re-join the Knights early.

BTW, what an exhibition game by Perry yesterday! Did you see those goals!!!

Old
12-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

man, Syvret, Perry, and Schremp, this is going to be tough, but if anyone can pull through it's the Knights woo!!!!!

Old
12-17-2004, 10:46 AM
Dion Mustard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR
Canada makes their cuts today, only Bolland will re-join the Knights early.

BTW, what an exhibition game by Perry yesterday! Did you see those goals!!!
Syvret hasn't made the team yet. Until Seabrook's condition is determined, Sutter has kept a couple extra defencemen in camp to cover his bases.

As for Perry's game, it was impressive, but hold on a second here ladies. It was against a second rate compition, and he scored against the goalie who was cut. If he makes that move against the US and pots on Montoya, then start your worshiping. Until then, it was a nothing goal, in a game he had to do well in. Good job on his part, but a week from now, only the slow minded will remember it.

Last edited by Spitfire11: 12-18-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Old
12-17-2004, 01:29 PM
London Knights

That's funny because I don't recall all those other guys with 4 points in 2 games. But I guess that's just because they couldn't score on second tier talent.

This little hard on fetish for people against Knight's players is pretty amusing ever since they got media attention for their streak. And it's funny that I am seeing a lot of the same people making comments are the same ones who know absolutely nothing about the Knights.

Believe it or not, but Dale Hunter hasn't changed as a person from his playing days. He is every bit as demainding as Brent Sutter and oddly enough I haven't seen him babying the team around like some suggest. Is Corey Perry an offensive minded player, yes, but that doens't mean he doesn't cover his tail in the defensive zone. Hunter has the guts to bench people who do that.

And for the comment about Syvret not making it still. That was why Kyle Quincy was taken. Syvret is better than Quincy and if Seabrook isn't good to go Quincy stays, if he is, then Quincy goes back to Mississauga.

Old
12-17-2004, 02:40 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Knights
That's funny because I don't recall all those other guys with 4 points in 2 games. But I guess that's just because they couldn't score on second tier talent.

This little hard on fetish for people against Knight's players is pretty amusing ever since they got media attention for their streak. And it's funny that I am seeing a lot of the same people making comments are the same ones who know absolutely nothing about the Knights.

Believe it or not, but Dale Hunter hasn't changed as a person from his playing days. He is every bit as demainding as Brent Sutter and oddly enough I haven't seen him babying the team around like some suggest. Is Corey Perry an offensive minded player, yes, but that doens't mean he doesn't cover his tail in the defensive zone. Hunter has the guts to bench people who do that.

And for the comment about Syvret not making it still. That was why Kyle Quincy was taken. Syvret is better than Quincy and if Seabrook isn't good to go Quincy stays, if he is, then Quincy goes back to Mississauga.

BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO

Old
12-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

It's finally over, we can stop worrying about when it will end. Thanks for a truly remarkable run London Knights circa 2004-2005

Old
12-18-2004, 12:00 AM
CF

Thank god this streak is over. Hopefully the Knights fans won't be as cocky as they have been throughout this year.

Old
12-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
Thank god this streak is over. Hopefully the Knights fans won't be as cocky as they have been throughout this year.
We've never had reason to be before, but we weren't cocky per say, we were more..... proud of our boys, and don't tell me none of you guys wouldn't be so proud of a run this big if one of your teams did it, because that's a lie.

To all of the people who are complaining about us Knights fans, and our team:

Go **** yourselves.

Old
12-18-2004, 09:56 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
It's finally over, we can stop worrying about when it will end. Thanks for a truly remarkable run London Knights circa 2004-2005
Well said - I am not a fan of the Knights, but this run is amazing, almost 4 full months without a loss is an incredible feat.

For the people who like to worry, here's one for you.... how long with this record stand?

Old
12-18-2004, 10:01 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
Well said - I am not a fan of the Knights, but this run is amazing, almost 4 full months without a loss is an incredible feat.

For the people who like to worry, here's one for you.... how long with this record stand?
Well the Eagles won two in a row......they should be able to fit the record into the season.

Old
12-18-2004, 10:32 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49

Who knows? We'll have to wait till we see a team that has as good a chemistry as the Knights did this year. Losing Schremp was the final nail in the coffin, and we here in London knew that they'd lose after losing Schremp, and possibly Bolland, Syvret and Perry, of course Bolland came back, so.....yeah. Oh well, us Knights fans can brag that with Rob Schremp in the lineup, we're 29-0-2-0 and with Perry and Syvret we're 28-0-2-0 lol

Old
12-18-2004, 12:48 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Congrats to the Boys! I kind of had a feeling they would lose one here while the World Jr's were taking place.

Old
12-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Douggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR
Congrats to the Boys! I kind of had a feeling they would lose one here while the World Jr's were taking place.
I had many games where I thought they'd lose, but I didn't say it because I didn't want to Jinx it.

Old
12-18-2004, 08:45 PM
CF

Quote:
We've never had reason to be before, but we weren't cocky per say, we were more..... proud of our boys, and don't tell me none of you guys wouldn't be so proud of a run this big if one of your teams did it, because that's a lie.

To all of the people who are complaining about us Knights fans, and our team:

Go **** yourselves.
I have talked to over 10 Knights fans tell me the Knights are a shoe-in to win the Memorial. But that's far from true. I can say right now that the Knights wouldn't be un-defeated in the WHL. I respect the Knights for what they have done and I would be proud if my team did what they did, but a lot of Knights fans(not all, but quite a few), have crossed the line to being ignorant.

Old
12-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF
I have talked to over 10 Knights fans tell me the Knights are a shoe-in to win the Memorial. But that's far from true. I can say right now that the Knights wouldn't be un-defeated in the WHL. I respect the Knights for what they have done and I would be proud if my team did what they did, but a lot of Knights fans(not all, but quite a few), have crossed the line to being ignorant.

You can't judge from this site alone, so many of us are just proud, not one of me nor my friends think we're a shoe in to grab the MC, but, we do feel that we have a superb chance. It's the first time we've had a team that's even MC worthy, and some fans just overstate what they feel.

Old
12-19-2004, 02:34 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Knights got back on track today with a come-from-behind win over the always pesky Guelph Storm.

Old
12-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Egghammer

Nobody's a lock for the Cup, the Knights do have a great chance though, but in a 1 and out playoffs once the round robin is done, anyone can beat anyone. The worst team in the CHL can beat any of the best teams on any given night, any team can have a bad game or not get the bounces or the calls, that being said I think the Knights have a great shot, playing in front of their home crowd and will probably be the favourite but you never know what one game brings

Old
12-24-2004, 01:15 PM
Dion Mustard*

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Knights
And he needed those points to make the team. If he hadn't scored, like some of the other guys didn't, he would have been cut. Give him full credit for producing, but at this point, he is the 13th forward. I expect him to do very well though. Every player he will be on a line with, will be better then him. He won't need to carry anybody. Sutter knows what he is doing, and because of that, Perry will be an asset.

Quote:
Right place at the right time. If there was NHL games this year, nobody would know or care about the Knights outside of London. Remember when your University team was ripping it up, and nobody knew about that?

And I tell you what, I know more about the Knights then you do, so don't start with this "we don't know what we are talking about" crap. Take a look at this league outside of Ontario before you start think you know everything.

Quote:
Oh the blinders have taken effect. Don't for one second disrespect Brent Sutter by comparing Dale Hunter to him. Sutter hasn't drafted four of his own family members in the last 5 years. He hasn't tried to cover up his nephew's drunk driving charge. He hasn't kept his son on the top line (top 3 scorer all year, and 1 point since Perry and Schremp left, hmmmm).

I would expect those blinders keep you from seeing what every educated hockey man has seen.

Quote:
I would expect if Quincey was still a Knight, and Syrvet was playing some where else, you'd be saying Quincey should make it and Syrvet would be axed. That's what is so funny about you Knight fans. You don't judge the player, you judge the uniform.

Quote:

Losing Schremp was the final nail in the coffin, and we here in London knew that they'd lose after losing Schremp, and possibly Bolland, Syvret and Perry, of course Bolland came back, so.....yeah. Oh well, us Knights fans can brag that with Rob Schremp in the lineup, we're 29-0-2-0 and with Perry and Syvret we're 28-0-2-0 lol
At some point, I'd love to see Knights fans give the Wolves some credit. The streak apparently ended because London was missing players right? Umm, HELLO!! Pretty sure Sudbury was a little short handed that game too.

Listen, it was going to end at some point. They had a couple lucky bounces just to get them where they were, so it should have ended weeks ago. But this is a telling tale for the Knights. They either looked past their opponent (mainly because of the suspensions) or showed they can't step it up as a team when their big guns are out. Again, not a good sign for the playoffs when a cold stick, injury or a great team effort can spell the end for them.

Old
01-09-2005, 09:20 PM
trahans99

London 5 OS 4

I was at the game and I have to say it was the best regular season game i've ever seen live or on tv. It will probably be the best reg. season game in the CHL #1 London vs #2,3,4? Owen Sound, back and forth all game long.

London dominated physically, I don't think OS had more than 5 body checks, while London had hmmmm atleast 20 or more ...and some real doozies. London dominated most of the game, except the first 15 minutes of the 3rd period. I remember seeing the shots 35-20 for London, then 37-35 London and then London ended up dominating again and outshooting OS 52-40.

I have to give OS props for battling back a few times, but to be honest 2 of there goals were garbage, I don't know what the hell Hunter was thinking putting in MacDonald against OS. If Coleman was in net it would have been 3-1 or 4-2 London.

Either way I can't wait to watch these teams in the West finals

On another note, I was surprised at how Ryan didn't really stand out. He had a few good moves but never created anything really. He is one big monster though, he could become a good NHLer one day.

Old
01-10-2005, 06:14 PM
trahans99

Knights trades: Get Fritsche and Dennis

I am soo happy, I am soo happy ..................come to London Memorial Cup, were all waiting !!!!!!

Old
01-11-2005, 03:48 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99

I am soo happy, I am soo happy ..................come to London Memorial Cup, were all waiting !!!!!!

I love this trade. It's pretty aparent London is taking this team seriously. Fritche is going to add size and skill, which London is somewhat lacking. And Dennis was amazing against London earlier this season, if anything he'll either push Coleman to be better, or take over as number one, either way I only see great things from this trade.

Closed Thread