HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Windsor vs. Barrie Part I (2011 Edition)

Old
10-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kanuck View Post
Well maybe but that cross check from behind right just now in front of me was DIRTY.

I'll give you the slash was a non call.
It was another push. Only difference is it being close to the boards. Hardly call that dirty.

And these refs are terrible. Don't touch anyone or you'll get a penalty.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 08:40 PM
krazy kanuck

Now Scheifele from behind classy as ever Spits..

krazy kanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Libbs

This is laughable now... not being a homer here....but I would say conservatively 1/2 of the penalties give to the Spits tonight have been BS weak, chinsy goals.

Old
10-29-2011, 08:42 PM
krazy kanuck

Nice save by Campbell ... This would be a real whitewash if not for him.

Old
10-29-2011, 08:43 PM
krazy kanuck

Half your team just got 10 games. LOL

Last edited by krazy kanuck: 10-29-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old
10-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Now Scheifele from behind classy as ever Spits..
You're incredulous. That was hardly a checking from behind.

How about Ezekial going after Cullen on the bench that started all the melee?

Old
10-29-2011, 08:46 PM
krazy kanuck

Yeah, I don't think that started it (the pot shots at Scheifele did) but I'm not an Ezekiel fan.

Old
10-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Half your team just got 10 games
For what?

For the record...these announcers are complete IDIOTS!

My question...why does Howerchuck have Schiefle out there anyway? Nothing that was done was dirty so get off your high-horse (no pun intended). Little pokes, pushes...hardly anything to get upset over.

Old
10-29-2011, 08:51 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
For what?

My question...why does Howerchuck have Schiefle out there anyway? Nothing that was done was dirty so get off your high-horse (no pun intended). Little pokes, pushes...hardly anything to get upset over.
It was a joke dude...reference to that AHL playing goon what's his name...

And why does Hawerchuk have Scheifele out there? Because he's a bad coach...I mentioned that at the beginning of this thread...what can I say?

Old
10-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Libbs

The way you make things sound its the Spits are all going Bertuzzi on your players.

Go home and watch the replay of the game and you will see that scrum has Barrie players doing just as much as the Spit players.

Old
10-29-2011, 08:54 PM
krazy kanuck

Wouldn't be surprised if Ekblads out there next *shakes head*

Old
10-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Libbs

Oh no....Buhnomo just went after Clarke....what a DIRTY play!

This is how you sound Krazy....

Old
10-29-2011, 08:58 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
The way you make things sound its the Spits are all going Bertuzzi on your players.

Go home and watch the replay of the game and you will see that scrum has Barrie players doing just as much as the Spit players.
The only player to get a leaving the bench misconduct was a Spit. He will be suspended. So will Ezekiel and Terreri, but that make us better.

Old
10-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Libbs

Quote:
The only player to get a leaving the bench misconduct was a Spit. He will be suspended. So will Ezekiel and Terreri, but that make us better.
Which is strange because Barrie had 6 guys and Windsor had 5 on the ice...

Old
10-29-2011, 09:24 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
You're incredulous.
Oh Libbs, three quarters of what I wrote at the game was in jest. Clearly you and I have yet to build up the rapport that Jugs and I have... Seriously:

- The Spitfires made a point of giving Ekblad, how did you put it, "extra shots". Nothing terribly dirty, but like with Vail. He'll live.

- The two checks from behind were checks from behind. At least in my mind they were. Especially the first one. It was right in front of me, and it looked hard.

- There's no shennanigans if those two players didn't keep punching Scheifele in the head.

- Cullen seemed to be motioning to Ezekiel, and that's when he went over. No excuse - Ezekiel will get 10 games.

- Terreri had no business near (let alone jumping in) the Spitfires bench - at least it would be defensible if he were over protecting Scheifele - so he should get at least 10 games.

- I believe the Spitfire who came over the bench was the guy who the ref tackled and led straight to the box. He'll get suspended too I'm sure. Not sure what the precedent for that is in the OHL.

- A Colt went over the bench too but his teammates pulled him back. That should save him any other disciplinary action.

- That Campbell is pretty good. Made some really nice saves. Niederberger was just as good.

- The officiating was terrible. It always is here. Was in the 2010 final when it went your way. Trade you...

- Hawerchuk should never have had Scheifele out there. I've been completely underwhelmed by his coaching this season.

- 5-1 Colts

Old
10-30-2011, 03:13 AM
OHLTG

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think that started it (the pot shots at Scheifele did) but I'm not an Ezekiel fan.
Call me crazy (haha), but they were fairly tame until Ezekiel and Cullen started getting into it. I don't know what was said between the two, but Ezekiel sure wanted a piece of Cullen.

Quote:
Our announcer wasn't much better. Driving to a party tonight, listening to Miller, he said they had a full out line brawl going. Not exactly the case, though the officials let them off the hook a bit.

Quote:
- There's no shennanigans if those two players didn't keep punching Scheifele in the head.
Nothing happens if Ezekiel doesn't push Cullen. That's when it seemed to start, from what I've seen.

Quote:
- Terreri had no business near (let alone jumping in) the Spitfires bench - at least it would be defensible if he were over protecting Scheifele - so he should get at least 10 games.
Did Terreri jump in the bench? Oh....10 games for sure.

OHLTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 11:29 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Nothing happens if Ezekiel doesn't push Cullen. That's when it seemed to start, from what I've seen.
After the checking from behind, there was a guy who face washed Scheifele. Ezekiel tried to get at him, as did Terreri. Then Cullen said something to Ezekiel. Some places you'll read that Cullen got Ezekiel first (i.e. Loosepucks). Nothing happens without the check and the subsequent face wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Did Terreri jump in the bench? Oh....10 games for sure.
Well, maybe not jumped in, but he was over there fighting with guys on the bench and ended up in it. Whether he jumped or not, he should get 10.

Old
10-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Libbs

Quote:
After the checking from behind, there was a guy who face washed Scheifele. Ezekiel tried to get at him, as did Terreri. Then Cullen said something to Ezekiel. Some places you'll read that Cullen got Ezekiel first (i.e. Loosepucks). Nothing happens without the check and the subsequent face wash.

And people say the Spits need to grow some skin! And that was a weak checking from behind. Bateman went to pin Schiefiele against the boards and Shiefiele went down like a ton of bricks because he was in full b**** mode all game.

Old
10-30-2011, 11:47 AM
krazy kanuck

Quote:

And people say the Spits need to grow some skin! And that was a weak checking from behind. Bateman went to pin Schiefiele against the boards and Shiefiele went down like a ton of bricks because he was in full b**** mode all game.
Whatever, it's a dangerous play. It's why it's against the rules. Your boys were just a little uptight that they were having their lunch handed to them...

Old
10-30-2011, 12:00 PM
jughead42

I wish I could contribute more, but I ended up watching the Leafs game because I put money on it. I'll assume the Spits lost, that we dominated Barrie physically, and that we will probably get about 50 games in total suspensions for scratching up somebody's nail polish. I didn't see enough of the game to know this is true, but since when did a meaningless Barrie vs Windsor game end any other way?

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Whatever, it's a dangerous play. It's why it's against the rules. Your boys were just a little uptight that they were having their lunch handed to them...
But it wasn't a dangerous play... Schiefiele just did a damn good job of selling it. If he stands on his feet like any normal player with some stones then it's just a run of the mill pinch up along the boards by the defenseman.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:11 PM
pagetheaj

Thursday should be fun, eh?

pagetheaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2011, 12:13 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I wish I could contribute more, but I ended up watching the Leafs game because I put money on it. I'll assume the Spits lost, that we dominated Barrie physically, and that we will probably get about 50 games in total suspensions for scratching up somebody's nail polish. I didn't see enough of the game to know this is true, but since when did a meaningless Barrie vs Windsor game end any other way?
Actually, this time around I think we'll get more suspensions than you.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagetheaj View Post
Thursday should be fun, eh?
I'll say probably not... you know how it goes. You get a game like this and the next one is always tame.

Old
10-30-2011, 12:25 PM
pagetheaj

My two cents on this one:

I was sitting behind the Windsor net when the fight was happening, so I could exactly see what Ezekiel was doing (holding the stick and then going after the goalie on the bench). Barrie did bring a lot of it on themselves and I was yelling at Schief to gtfo out of there (obviously couldn't hear me lol). Problem I have with Windsor, is the one guy punching a Barrie player while he was down, I don't care how angry you are, that's just gutless. Then there was when two Windsor players went after Ezekiel or whoever. Another one of those things you don't do.

EDIT: And I hate most fans in Barrie. The team scores, bit of cheering, bit of clapping, whatever. Big fight and EVERYONE STANDS. I felt like I was the only one standing for most of the goals.

pagetheaj is offline   Reply With Quote