HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposed Trade Thread (11/30 - Rangers kicking tires on Bobby Ryan)

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
MSG the place to be*

vCash: 500
Rangers fans can't even analyze Gaborik's game. Not gonna trust anyone's opinion of Big Bad Bobby Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
So then the question is, exactly how much is an extra 10 goals/15 points worth? And what about the other aspects of the game?
That is the question that management must ask when analyzing a trade. The key issue.

11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Rangers fans can't even analyze Gaborik's game. Not gonna trust anyone's opinion of Big Bad Bobby Ryan.
Let's just put it this way. It's Bobby mother-****ing Ryan

Old
11-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Kreider is NOT "untouchable" for Bobby Ryan. Seriously. We'd be lucky if he became what Bobby is now.
Exactly. I am a huge Kreider fan. He's almost untouchable. Bobby Ryan is a young proven goal scorer who has potential to be a 50 goal, 90 point player in the right situation.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:24 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be
Let's just say that your "opinion" is in the extreme minority around the entire league.

11-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Exactly. I am a huge Kreider fan. He's almost untouchable. Bobby Ryan is a young proven goal scorer who has potential to be a 50 goal, 90 point player in the right situation.
Exactly how I feel. I love Kreider as well, but you don't not trade your top prospect for a young proven stud because of what that prospect "can be".

Old
11-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Once again, we get it. You hate Gaborik.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:26 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Exactly how I feel. I love Kreider as well, but you don't not trade your top prospect for a young proven stud because of what that prospect "can be".
In HF land, that's exactly what you do

Old
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

My, it certainly didn't take long for Brandon Dubinsky to fall out of favor with these boards. Our leading scorer last year is off to a bad start, and suddenly there isn't a trade proposal without his name in it?

Granted, Bobby Ryan is EXACTLY the type of guy I'd like to see fill out this team. If you don't want to break up the GAS line, you get Ryan, Richards Cally? or Ryan Richards Gabby? He makes our top 6 VERY versatile.

Still, Dubinsky is part of this team's core, and when Cally was hurt and Gaborik was not doing a damn thing, It was him we turned to to make a difference. I'd like to keep him on the team.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Since when? Show me where Sather has ever made this kind of deal while GM of the Rangers. He wouldn't part with Callahan or Girardi for Kessel. He wouldn't part with Dubinsky for Heatley. He wouldn't part with Anisimov for Richards last year. Every fan on this board might believe you make such a deal. They don't run an NHL franchises. Sather has a reputation for being a shrewd trader. I'd be shocked if he put Kreider in a deal for Ryan.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:33 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
That's usually not the case. Teams very rarely deal their best prospects, even for the best players. Brayden Schenn is really the only example I can think of in that regard. We're also talking about Sather here. Can you name the last time Rangers dealt one of their top prospects for anybody?
All im saying is that if Kreider is the difference for getting a trade for Ryan done you do it with no hesitations.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
My, it certainly didn't take long for Brandon Dubinsky to fall out of favor with these boards. Our leading scorer last year is off to a bad start, and suddenly there isn't a trade proposal without his name in it?

Granted, Bobby Ryan is EXACTLY the type of guy I'd like to see fill out this team. If you don't want to break up the GAS line, you get Ryan, Richards Cally? or Ryan Richards Gabby? He makes our top 6 VERY versatile.
Dubinsky is out of favor with some, undoubtedly.

But I think realistically in trade proposals for a player of Ryan's caliber, it is a "give to get" scenario, and any other Ranger option (Callahan, Staal, Girardi, Stepan, McDonagh) seem much less feasible than Dubinsky.

We aren;t going to get Ryan for Wolski, EC, and a 2nd. So people are just jumping to the first valuable guy they would deal right now.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:36 PM
Claxton

Anisimov, Sauer, Wolski, Zuccarello, Thomas, 1st+2nd in 2012

for

Ryan, Blake

The Ducks want depth. They get the two top 6 forwards they want with a potential third, a much needed defensive D man, and sets them up with some good futures. As well as meets their objective of losing salary as Blake is dumped on a team that doesn't mind burying money.
Wolski and Zuccarello are a risk, but they still have a good chance of being effective NHL players. If they fail the Ducks let them walk at the end of the year, if they succeed its an extra bonus to the proven players+prospect+picks they've already received.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:36 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
All im saying is that if Kreider is the difference for getting a trade for Ryan done you do it with no hesitations.

And again, this is Sather. He has his flaws, but, he doesn't overpay in trades.. Sather doesn't make NHL 20whatever trades like the majority of HF does. Sather doesn't give up the store like the majority of HF would have him do.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Victory*
We're Still In It

Guy on the Ducks board posted pics of himself with Ryan at his home. Claims he's friends with him and Ryan has told him that management told him he is being shipped out of Anaheim no matter what.
Take it for what it's worth.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Dubinsky is out of favor with some, undoubtedly.

But I think realistically in trade proposals for a player of Ryan's caliber, it is a "give to get" scenario, and any other Ranger option (Callahan, Staal, Girardi, Stepan, McDonagh) seem much less feasible than Dubinsky.

We aren;t going to get Ryan for Wolski, EC, and a 2nd. So people are just jumping to the first valuable guy they would deal right now.
Precisely.

I'm certainly not looking to dump Dubi. I wnat him on the team. He contributes even when he is not scoring goals.

But Ryan would score more (potentially a lot more), and he has the size and youth of Dubi.

11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Since when? Show me where Sather has ever made this kind of deal while GM of the Rangers. He wouldn't part with Callahan or Girardi for Kessel. He wouldn't part with Dubinsky for Heatley. He wouldn't part with Anisimov for Richards last year. Every fan on this board might believe you make such a deal. They don't run an NHL franchises. Sather has a reputation for being a shrewd trader. I'd be shocked if he put Kreider in a deal for Ryan.
I agree, one of things that Sather has done well is having patience with our top prospects and young players. If it were up to me, I probably would have traded Girardi a few seasons ago when he was struggling. That would have been a massive mistake. And I know there were plenty of fans who couldn't wait to ship Del Zotto off during last season and this past summer.

I just can't imagine that Sather would part with Kreider, especially after being so patient and understanding of the fact that he wanted to stay at school this year. It's obvious they are very high on him, probably moreso than some of the Rangers former prospects mentioned above. And we need his speed desperately.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
You also don't go around trying to pick up every player rumored to be available just because of who they are. You HAVE to consider the financial impact of dealing away a guy like Kreider. If he can become the player that many feel he can become -- I.e. a 30-30 power forward with tremendous wheels, or perhaps even more -- you're getting that player at a bargain rate for the first 3 years as a professional.

If you're investing $5M+ in Ryan, $4M in Callahan, $7M in Gaborik, $6.6M in Richards and Lundqvist, you damn well better be able to have kids stepping in on ELC's to help balance the load on a budget.

99% of the time, I'm alright with trading potential for established players, but Kreider definitely falls into that 1% in my eyes.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Forever Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post

Still, Dubinsky is part of this team's core, and when Cally was hurt and Gaborik was not doing a damn thing, It was him we turned to to make a difference. I'd like to keep him on the team.
You don't trade for a player like Bobby Ryan without it hurting a little bit. I don't he's fallen out of favor with people, you have to give to get.

Old
11-29-2011, 04:48 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadude View Post
Guy on the Ducks board posted pics of himself with Ryan at his home. Claims he's friends with him and Ryan has told him that management told him he is being shipped out of Anaheim no matter what.
Take it for what it's worth.
can we get a link to that thread? to see the responses from ducks fans if anything else

Old
11-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
can we get a link to that thread? to see the responses from ducks fans if anything else
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=1041645&page=6

Old
11-29-2011, 04:57 PM
JT Kreider

Haha, I saw that as well, but someone did raise an interesting point: what kind of friend would go on the internet and post that kind of personal information? My proposal stands at Dubi, Taker and a 1st. The usual suspects (kreider, stepan, McD, Sauer) are my untouchables.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:00 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

I honestly don't think Kreider is a factor.

Rangers have enough to trade without having to include him.

Old
11-29-2011, 05:03 PM
broadwayblue

Does anyone envision a possible scenario where Staal is included in a package for Ryan? I just don't see it. Not at all.

And even if the ducks are out of it...wouldn't they want to "rebuild" around a 24 year old stud who is an affordable cap hit for many more years?

Old
11-29-2011, 05:08 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
And again, this is Sather. He has his flaws, but, he doesn't overpay in trades.. Sather doesn't make NHL 20whatever trades like the majority of HF does. Sather doesn't give up the store like the majority of HF would have him do.
I get Sather's MO, but really, I'm not talking about trading away half the team AND THEN adding Kreider to the deal. It's not THAT outlandish. Maybe Slats pulls his patented fast one on a fellow GM, I dont know, I'd hope he could. I trust him in trades.

Closed Thread