HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposed Trade Thread (11/30 - Rangers kicking tires on Bobby Ryan)

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
You've got the salary cap commitment to Drury dropping by $1.6 million, as well as Avery's likely departure. Also, giving the likelihood of Kreider being here, I can't see Fedetenko being back, either.
I thought Fedotenko signed a 2 year deal

Old
11-30-2011, 12:53 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Fedotenko should definitely be brought back. He's incredibly underrated. Look at how well he fits with Richards and Callahan. Now, that's not going to be your long-term solution for the line, but he's a great utilitarian player. Any role you plug him in on the wing, he's a solid option. Nice experienced veteran, and not even that old.

At this point, the team can't all be young guys. He's went all the way, and he's done it with the coach and the star player.

Old
11-30-2011, 01:15 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
For those thinking about sending Anisimov on the way to Anaheim.

The problem is that we don't have an additional winger for the Richards line to give us 2 legitimate top lines.

Dubinsky doesn't fit on that line.

That is why we are trading for Ryan in the first place. Trading Ryan and removing a winger from one of the 2 lines gives us the same problem.

That, in addition to the similar salaries, is why Dubinsky and not Anisimov should be involved (or at least pushed by Sather). That being said I honestly don't know what Anaheim wants or values more.

I'm not in favor of moving any of the defensemen in our system right now either. That is the strength of this club, and it will only continue to be the strength of this club.

Dubi, Kreider, and a not core defensive prospect (namely not Del Zotto, Erixon, or McIlrath... and for that matter McDonough and Sauer too).

Similar to the Richards deal. We give up our top prospect, an NHL ready player with decent upside, and a decent yet not important defensive prospect too.
Honestly the way this team is playing I'd see this being our lines:

Ryan-Stepan-Gaborik
Fedotenko-Richards-Callahan (This line is playing well- don't think Torts would break it up)

Old
11-30-2011, 01:28 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
I thought Fedotenko signed a 2 year deal
He's on a 1 year deal @ 1.4M.

Old
11-30-2011, 02:03 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

well here is our dumb trade forum post of the day...in the Bobby Ryan thread I likened Staal's value to Ryan's...I get this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Marc Staal has missed the entire season with a concussion. he's damaged goods.

Old
11-30-2011, 03:47 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Ugh, Ryan would be great, but I'm going to have trouble parting with any of our players.

Can't stomach a major trade.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:10 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Rangers, who toppled the Penguins 4-3 last night, have a number of prime assets to send to the Ducks for Ryan, who will attract considerable interest from big-time franchises throughout the league as Anaheim — which is on streaks of 0-5, 0-6-1 and 1-10-3 in carrying a 6-13-4 record into tonight’s match against Montreal — is seeking to replenish by gaining a package of young, cap-friendly players in exchange for the three-time 30-goal scorer.

It is believed the Rangers consider Ryan Callahan, Derek Stepan, Marc Staal (who, NYPost.com reported yesterday has begun skating on his own), Dan Girardi, Ryan McDonagh and Michael Sauer to be untouchables within the organization regarding this particular equation.

“The Rangers have a lot of assets within the organization,” an individual familiar with the situation told The Post. “A lot of assets.”
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1fBJboQup

Quote:
The asking price in any Ryan deal would likely revolve around a young defenseman, a young forward and possibly a high draft pick -- in other words, a big package involving two to three pieces.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...abor-deal-talk

Anaheim wants NHL players. Dubinsky doesn't fit into the "cap friendly player" definition with his 4 year contract and lack of production this season. Anaheim wants to shed money and taking Dubinsky's contract doesn't save them real dollars. Saves them $5.7M in real money over this and next 4 years. MDZ are not on the Brooks list of Rangers untouchable players. With Staal out,the Rangers can't move MDZ.

One more LeBrun nugget

Quote:
Basketball owners were able to drive players down from 57 percent of revenues to around 50 percent in the recently agreed-upon labor deal. And you better bet NHL owners were paying attention with the league's collective bargaining agreement set to expire next Sept. 15.

My guess, based on a bit of chatter with industry sources, is that the NHL will try to reduce the players' share from the current 57 percent to below 50 percent. That's the most direct and impactful way of minimizing player costs in the next CBA. The NBA deal's limit on term for contracts will also interest NHL owners.

But it takes two to tango. The NHL Players' Association, led by executive director Donald Fehr, isn't going to roll over. After all, the players feel they gave up a lot last time around by agreeing to a salary cap, so you can expect the players will want some serious givebacks in return for lowering their share of the revenue pie -- if they agree to lower it at all.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:30 AM
Dorado*

AA + MDZ + a prospect for Ryan is very tempting . Erixon might be able to step in seamlessly and perhaps have a more overall steady game than MDZ long term . Dealing Ryan away from the west would be an advantage to them . I'd throw in a pick also . AA has definite upside a cap friendly contract , MDZ has shown he can steady his game and play a more defensive style . I'd be more apt to give Thomas up than JT Miller simply due to his size ( that one could bite us in the butt but Ryan in our top 6 and PP would be worth the gamble ) .

Old
11-30-2011, 05:56 AM
cenas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
AA + MDZ + a prospect for Ryan is very tempting.
That'd be a great deal. Just don't sell off Kreider and I'm down. AA is a good, young player and we really need to get rid of MDZ if we want to win anything.

Old
11-30-2011, 05:56 AM
Superstar Carwash

Ugh, had a dream last night that we made a three-way deal with NYI and Toronto, NYI got MDZ, We got Gardiner and Jason Krog (what?!) while Toronto got Niederreter. In the dream MDZ blasted a slap shot past Bobrovsky in Philly and the commentators were all going that he was gonna win the Norris.

I literally felt sick in that dream. Anyway, just wanted to share. Pray to god that **** never happens, even Sather wouldn't be that stupid, right... right?

Old
11-30-2011, 06:30 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

The Rangers aren't going to trade any of their current top 4 (MDZ, Girardi, McD, & Sauer) in a package for Ryan because of Staal's absence. They are thin on the blue line as it is - if one of those guys had an injury you'd be looking at Erixon getting top 4 minutes.

IMHO, this probably involves AA going the other way, along with a top prospect and a 1st round pick and maybe a piece that doesn't fit here - like MZA.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:57 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
The Rangers aren't going to trade any of their current top 4 (MDZ, Girardi, McD, & Sauer) in a package for Ryan because of Staal's absence. They are thin on the blue line as it is - if one of those guys had an injury you'd be looking at Erixon getting top 4 minutes.

IMHO, this probably involves AA going the other way, along with a top prospect and a 1st round pick and maybe a piece that doesn't fit here - like MZA.
Agreed. Although it does work if Anaheim sends back an NHL ready defenseman. Still, given this is officially a lost season for them and the Rangers are clearly looking to make a run, I think that Glen is going to be pushing hard to keep all his current top 4 and to sub in a prospect instead of MDZ - especially with Staal out.

As to Dubi vs. AA, I dunno - I think Dubi's contract is actually an asset. $4.2MM is a very reasonable long term cap hit for a top 6 winger - dont forget that AA comes up for his next contract the same summer that Perry & Getzlaf do. For Ryan's cost, you can afford both Dubi and, say, Thomas. If the goal is to set the ANA roster for next year and beyond, Dubi might make more sense.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:47 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
As speculation intensifies that he could be included in a possible blockbuster deal, the perennial 30-goal scorer said that he would not be shocked if the Ducks were to move him.

With the Ducks struggling for more than a month, Bobby Ryan says he's prepared for the team to make a major trade, perhaps one that includes him, to try to save the rest of the season.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Ryan told the Register on Tuesday. "That's all I'll say about that."
http://www.ocregister.com/sports/rya...ucks-team.html

Blockbuster deal? Save the rest of the season? The Rangers aren't giving them that.

Old
11-30-2011, 07:51 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Dubinsky + MDZ + MZA + Thomas + 2012 1st for B Ryan & K Foster

Wolski - Stepan - Gaborik
Ryan - Richards - Callahan
Hagelin - AA - Fedotenko
Avery/Rupp - Boyle - Prust

Staal (McD) - Girardi
McD (Erixon) - Sauer
Erixon (Woywitka) - Foster
Eminger/Strålman

When Staal returns cap space will have to be made somewhere - which is easily possible.
This team looks ready to go!

And wait until next year

This is a pipedream
Cap remains the same
We sign Parise UFA at $7,2 M
Kreider signs ELC
Resign Prust, Avery (far under 1 M) & Biron

FORWARDS
Zach Parise ($7.200m) / Derek Stepan ($0.875m) / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Bobby Ryan ($5.100m) / Brad Richards ($6.666m) / Ryan Callahan ($4.275m)
Chris Kreider ($1.400m) / Artem Anisimov ($1.875m) / Carl Hagelin ($0.875m)
Michael Rupp ($1.500m) / Brian Boyle ($1.700m) / Brandon Prust ($1.500m)
Sean Avery ($0.750m)
Next year Miller comes in on the 4th line LW replacing Rupp...

DEFENSEMEN
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Daniel Girardi ($3.325m)
Ryan McDonagh ($1.300m) / Mike Sauer ($1.250m)
Tim Erixon ($1.750m) / Steve Eminger ($1.000m) or another stopgap until Big Mac arrives

GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($6.875m) / Marty Biron ($1.200m)

BUYOUTS: Chris Drury ($1.666m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,558,334; BONUSES: $1,462,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $741,666

That is nasty!!!

Old
11-30-2011, 07:51 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
well here is our dumb trade forum post of the day...in the Bobby Ryan thread I likened Staal's value to Ryan's...I get this:
Just like Richards is!

Old
11-30-2011, 07:52 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Anaheim doesn't save money with Dubinsky's contract. The last two years are worth $4.65M each. $3.75M this and next season. Ryan is making $5,625,000 this season and the next 3 seasons. They save less than $1M in the last two years of both contracts.

Stepan would save them money but the Rangers aren't moving him. Stepan has one more year on his ELC and then has a non-arbitration year before becoming arbitration eligible.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:15 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1fBJboQup

Anaheim wants NHL players. Dubinsky doesn't fit into the "cap friendly player" definition with his 4 year contract and lack of production this season. Anaheim wants to shed money and taking Dubinsky's contract doesn't save them real dollars. Saves them $5.7M in real money over this and next 4 years. MDZ are not on the Brooks list of Rangers untouchable players. With Staal out,the Rangers can't move MDZ.

One more LeBrun nugget

All of this makes me ill.

All the ego and pride these greedy mopes have. On both sides. The only side I support is hockey. And the players and owners obviously don't care enough about the game.

If these A-holes go into another lockout, how about this: let US play the games. Hold open tryouts among fans, and let us play the season. Ill play for free.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:18 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Trading for Ryan will cripple the progress this organization has made.

We don't need to ship off half our NHL roster and farm system to acquire a guy with bad knees.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Trading for Ryan will cripple the progress this organization has made.

We don't need to ship off half our NHL roster and farm system to acquire a guy with bad knees.
holy relax man. Depends on the potential deal.

Not sure how you can't justfiy a deal like this:
Dubinsky-love the guy, he has tons of grit but for Bobby Ryan you have to move him
If they want Anisimov instead well same idea you have to do it. Not both though

Erixon or McIlrath- Team has 7 young Dmen(Staal, Girardi, McDonaugh ,Sauer, Del Zotto and these two. Moving one and having spot for a vet in the top 6 is not a bad idea. They are going to have to eventually make a move with their young D cause they have a ton.

Zuccarello- I can see him in a Ryan deal. he needs a change of scenary and still has some value

also Drury's cap hit is less next yr, Wolski off the books, EC, Avery too and maybe Feds

Bottom line is Bobby Ryan could be that LW that puts them over the hump

If they don;t get him I expect them to go after Parise as a UFA or another LW in a trade

Old
11-30-2011, 08:29 AM
patnyrnyg

some of you have some sense of humor when it comes to a trade for Ryan. Don't throw in Kreider? Are you serious? Ryan is 24 years old and exactly what this team needs. For Bobby Ryan, I'd take a day off from work, drive to Boston and then take him to the airport myself.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:31 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
AA + MDZ + a prospect for Ryan is very tempting
Nah, for Anisimov, Del Zotto, and a draft pick they should be able to get not only Ryan, but Getzlaf and Perry, as well.

Sorry, but that deal isn't even close to what it will take to get Ryan. Start with Dubinsky and Del Zotto, and then negotiate on the prospects/picks.

Old
11-30-2011, 08:57 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

The only thing with Kreider (as was pointed out a few pages back) that makes him near untouchable is the financial piece. His ELC could turn into an enormous bargain for 3 years if he is what we all think he can be. That has a lot of value.

I still would do a package of:

Dubi/AA (rather Dubi) + Erixon/McIlrath + 1st (this draft is so D-heavy)

Also would throw in MZA if it gets the deal done.

11-30-2011, 09:00 AM
Black Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
some of you have some sense of humor when it comes to a trade for Ryan. Don't throw in Kreider? Are you serious? Ryan is 24 years old and exactly what this team needs. For Bobby Ryan, I'd take a day off from work, drive to Boston and then take him to the airport myself.
I've not seen Ryan be a dominant player yet. He's a good player and a goal scorer but he doesn't set up his teammates to instantly make them better. And when he's on the schneid like Gaborik was last year and like many goal scorers experience, he becomes a 24 goal scorer as he's projecting to be this year.

He's a good goal scoring winger but he's not the franchise player that fans are painting him to be. At least not yet. If we're going to trade numerous quality assets for him, someone better be sure that his body is going to hold out and that he's going to be a 50 goal guy that will change the entire team for years to come. I don't see that happening based on his current game.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:02 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Nah, for Anisimov, Del Zotto, and a draft pick they should be able to get not only Ryan, but Getzlaf and Perry, as well.

Sorry, but that deal isn't even close to what it will take to get Ryan. Start with Dubinsky and Del Zotto, and then negotiate on the prospects/picks.
I disagree. I don't think Ryan's price will be much steeper than a 1st round pick, a starting top 6 forward (AA or Dubi) and another prospect or two (MZA / Thomas / Borque / Hagelin).

The above being said, I don't think the Rangers end up with Ryan.

Old
11-30-2011, 09:11 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I disagree. I don't think Ryan's price will be much steeper than a 1st round pick, a starting top 6 forward (AA or Dubi) and another prospect or two (MZA / Thomas / Borque / Hagelin).

The above being said, I don't think the Rangers end up with Ryan.
Especially when MacKenzie is reporting that the Ducks are asking for a 2nd line center, a top 4 D-man and either a top prospect or a #1 pick.

Closed Thread