HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daniel Alfredsson

View Poll Results: How many games does Wolski get suspended for the hit?
One 10 7.19%
2-4 63 45.32%
5+ 43 30.94%
None 23 16.55%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
There's still plenty of players on that Rangers team for Neil to hit.
That's what I'm saying...I thought we should of been gunning for Richards or Gaborik anyway.

Dysentery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalott613 View Post
That's what I'm saying...I thought we should of been gunning for Richards or Gaborik anyway.
seriously who give a ******* about a half as88ed player like wolski. taking him out or going after him does zero for ottawa and im sure no one in NY would give a flying ******* either.

Go after Gaborik, Richards or Lundquist and make them pay.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Greeningfan14

Can't wait to see Konopka pound that *****

Greeningfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:07 PM
armani
Guy Likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowen2Rundblad View Post
Can't wait to see Konopka pound that *****
The only thing Konopka pounds is Mr. Konopka in the washroom.

All jokes aside, he is simply a terrible fighter and isn't much of a factor. He doesn't intimidate anybody other than serving material to the local Sun tabloid. His ill timed fight against Thornton swayed the momentum in the Bruins' favour in the last game. His faceoff stats are over-exagerrated, as he was taking them against crappy faceoffers in the Island.

armani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalott613 View Post
Dude our captian Daniel Frickin Alfredsson is out. Have you heard of him, 1000+ points and stuff, not just your average player.

This is unjust.

We are the Garbage Men of the league. We are not a second thought, we are not priority. Even when we were tops, we were not thought of any differently.

This is why I love this team so much, we are the underdog. To win we must defeat more then just the team on the ice against us.... We have to defeat the Ref's, the NHL, and the Media. The hockey "Gods" can only do so much for us. It's a constant battle, and it will be so much sweeter once we finally win a cup against all odds.
What is this? Yes Alfredsson is out, and part of it is his fault. Yes Wolski delivered a vicous elbow, but the powers that be decided they didn't have enough clearcut evidence to suspend him and it's high time some of you calm down over this. I'm not sure how your rant addresses the situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
With all due respect, this attitude is not good enough. You're essentially saying "Guys, just bend over and take it up the ass, Your Captian got batantly elbowed in the head and now has a concussion, and you should just shut up and take it."

That exact attitude is what lets people get away with ******** like this.
Now I'm no fan of retribution games: as epic as Islanders/Penguins game was last year it made life for everybody in the NHL harder. I'm a firm believer in letting the system work and yes it isn't perfect and yes it has failed the Senators as of now. So where do we go from now? Management lets the League know that it made a mistake and we MOVE ON. The team roughs up Wolski next game they see him in? Sure why not, I'm no fan of it but as long at it isn't over the top I can live with that.
I agree Wolski should have been suspended, but I just hate how a good majority of us were onboard with Shanahan's work until this incident. Now Shanahan is a hack, he's a tool in the hands of some unseen conspiracy against the Senators (see the first quote).

I don't know, maybe I'm taking some of the poster's offense to this too hard...

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
either Lundqvist or Richards gets a concussion or im not satisfied.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 04:07 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
http://www.ottawasun.com/2011/11/04/...ter-concussion

on the bike.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
What is this? Yes Alfredsson is out, and part of it is his fault. Yes Wolski delivered a vicous elbow, but the powers that be decided they didn't have enough clearcut evidence to suspend him and it's high time some of you calm down over this. I'm not sure how your rant addresses the situation...

Now I'm no fan of retribution games: as epic as Islanders/Penguins game was last year it made life for everybody in the NHL harder. I'm a firm believer in letting the system work and yes it isn't perfect and yes it has failed the Senators as of now. So where do we go from now? Management lets the League know that it made a mistake and we MOVE ON. The team roughs up Wolski next game they see him in? Sure why not, I'm no fan of it but as long at it isn't over the top I can live with that.
I agree Wolski should have been suspended, but I just hate how a good majority of us were onboard with Shanahan's work until this incident. Now Shanahan is a hack, he's a tool in the hands of some unseen conspiracy against the Senators (see the first quote).

I don't know, maybe I'm taking some of the poster's offense to this too hard...
Shanahan is never wrong now? Did you listen to his ridiculous analysis of the play. it was absurd.
i dont care about the other calls he's had to make right or wrong.
im looking specifically at this one and a trained monkey could have spotted it.

i say we send out Eric Condra to concuss Richards and when it happens we'll just ask for the same treatment wolski got, you know "he's not that kind of player" and its his first time. since they are handing out free passes we may as well take advantage.

its bullchips, and in this case Shanahan can go F himself.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 05:25 PM
blahblah3

vCash: 10458
Forget peripheral vision, the guy clearly saw that Alfredsson had the puck, and therefore saw Alfredsson the entire time. Then he decides to step into him with his elbow. That ruling clearly came from an idiot, or a biased hack.

blahblah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 05:33 PM
CCCP17

It is just plain wrong taking out star players of another team, plus it will backfire quickly. I hope Sens won't take this path. Even against Wolski I was hoping for a hard clean hit or a fight.

CCCP17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

So Wolski is apparently going to be on IR for the game on Wednesday....

...I really hope MacLean throws out a Konopka-Smith-Neil line against Richards/Gabby/Callahan.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:04 AM
TheSpaceCoyote
Sens fan in NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
So Wolski is apparently going to be on IR for the game on Wednesday....

...I really hope MacLean throws out a Konopka-Smith-Neil line against Richards/Gabby/Callahan.
I sure hope so. You need to send a message that if you hurt our captain there will be consequences.

TheSpaceCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Anderson We Trust View Post
I sure hope so. You need to send a message that if you hurt our captain there will be consequences.
yep, league failed to discipline them, so we have every right to do so.

This isn't just a message to the Rangers, the NHL(Shanny) ****ed up and basically now have created a double standard.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:11 AM
langcam

Shame he is on IR. Rangers are so soft.

langcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:49 AM
source

Some of you are acting like the Leafs fans did after the Neil-Grabovski hit. It was clean.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 10:55 AM
Fitch89

Except that it wasn't at all the same. Broadcasters are still talking about the hit on Alfredsson and other people from around the league agree that Shannahan screwed up. Neil wasn't even moving during his collision while Wolski was.

Fitch89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

Play a physical game. Hurt everyone, injure no one. Going out to hurt guys is ****ing despicable.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:14 AM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitch89 View Post
Except that it wasn't at all the same. Broadcasters are still talking about the hit on Alfredsson and other people from around the league agree that Shannahan screwed up. Neil wasn't even moving during his collision while Wolski was.
That's cause Alfredsson got a concussion. It's really unfortunate for us obviously.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:21 AM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Who cares about Wolski?

Don't take out a scrub when they take out your captain. You take out one of their star players. I'm looking at Gaborik, Richards or Lundqvist, or even Callahan.

The Waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Super Six
The Future has CLASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Waffler View Post
Who cares about Wolski?

Don't take out a scrub when they take out your captain. You take out one of their star players. I'm looking at Gaborik, Richards or Lundqvist, or even Callahan.
Agreed. That game should be for sending a message. Don't **** with us. There will be consequences when a trash player dirty hits our captain.

Super Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 12:00 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Anybody remember what happened last time we wanted to send a message when emotions were running high? Yeah, well that was vs San Jose in Heatley's return, and we stunk in that game because everyone was too focused on Heatley and not enough on the game.

We should most certainly not be trying to injure any Rangers players. This isn't the 70s, we aren't the Broad Street Bullies. If you are going to send a message, it's that we can play clean, physical hockey and win games. Throw hits, get a few fights going, but overall focus on winning.

I do agree with source, this is exactly how Leaf fans reacted to Neil-Grabo. Fanbase thinks its dirty, league doesn't, and then the excuses come and we call for Shanny's head.

11-06-2011, 12:51 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Shanhan's explanation did not line up with Wolski's explanations.

Wolski said that he hit Alfredsson but that it was a clean hit whereas Shanahan said that Wolski did not hit him but just stiffened up when he saw he was headed his way and that it was an accidental collision.

He also went on about how Wolski is not that kind of player-the same stuff that we heard about Richards when he got no call for the Booth hit.

All we can do now is hope that Alfie gets better soon, and further complaints will get us no where, but there is also no reason to pretend that Shanahan got it right.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

3 days

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 05:08 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
Anybody remember what happened last time we wanted to send a message when emotions were running high? Yeah, well that was vs San Jose in Heatley's return, and we stunk in that game because everyone was too focused on Heatley and not enough on the game.

We should most certainly not be trying to injure any Rangers players. This isn't the 70s, we aren't the Broad Street Bullies. If you are going to send a message, it's that we can play clean, physical hockey and win games. Throw hits, get a few fights going, but overall focus on winning.

I do agree with source, this is exactly how Leaf fans reacted to Neil-Grabo. Fanbase thinks its dirty, league doesn't, and then the excuses come and we call for Shanny's head.
That game Heatley was never touched, we didnt do anything that game. There was no emotion imo..

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2011, 06:41 PM
TheSpaceCoyote
Sens fan in NL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Play a physical game. Hurt everyone, injure no one. Going out to hurt guys is ****ing despicable.
I never meant "Go injure their stars" or anything like that if you're referring to my post, all I meant was be physical, send a message.

TheSpaceCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote