HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

I've Officially Converted to NHL 2k5

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Edge

vCash: 500
I've Officially Converted to NHL 2k5

Great game, not perfect but very fun to play. The graphics have been bumped up a couple of notches and has probably surpassed even EA Sports at this point.

At 20 bucks you REALLY cant beat the price either.

Old
09-02-2004, 08:23 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Good to hear. I am very pleased with 2k5 after being slightly dissapointed with a buggy 2k4. I actually think EA has better player models, but I would have to say once in motion 2k5's animations and arena graphics are better, as well as the in motion gameplay looks more life like. Not to mention gameplay 100X more realistc and fun than EA...

Old
09-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Edge

I dunno every year EA's player models seem to get less and less impressive for me.

To me it peaked at NHL 2002, with 03 and 04 the face models seem too squished and compressed.

I mean just compare like Tony Amonte and Mark Messier in nhl 2002 to nhl 2004, their faces are way off.

It seems in their effort to make the faces more photo realistic and less computer generated they made too many people look like aliens.

and NHL 2004's gameplay has gone so far south that even those graphics cant make up for what is clearly becoming a lazy product.

Too many games today are like essays in college, nobody bothers to proof anything. That's why there are so many crappy games out there, utter laziness.

Old
09-02-2004, 09:34 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

I'm hoping that the gameplay is as good as the ESPN NFL game i just bought for playstation. Like you said, great for $20. I just hope there's no glitches, the NFL game for playstation has alot on the franchise mode.

Old
09-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Hell, I converted @ 2K3. I didnt buy last year's, cuz I dont buy the new sports title every year, unless something is hugely different.

I did pick up 2k5 right away, though, and it's pretty good. Some of the roster mistakes are a bit odd, though, and some ratings leave me a bit confused... but for the most part, they hit it pretty well.

I simmed a season, just to check out the post-season stuff, and it's definitely cool. I like the extensive scouting. I like hiring the staff and what not also, good deal of work went into putting those ideas into play, without seeming just like gimmicky crap.

EA, to me, has kind of sucked for awhile anyways. I've had the Maddens, and switched to ESPN this year for football also, upon reading PSM's review. I've always felt like sometimes EA games "cheat". A FS will come literally out of nowhere, and intercept a pass from Peyton Manning on an unsuspected PA on 2 and 4... being completely lined up incorrectly and everything, in the 4th quarter... I haven't had any of that happen with Sega's lineup.

Old
09-03-2004, 03:03 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

I'm currently ranked #2 in the world on XBOX Live with a record of 40-2.

Game is definitely great. No glitches at all, unlike 2k4. Scoring is very realistic. Placement of your shots is key, you can score on a simple wrist shot if placed in the right spot. So far I've noticed one-timers work fairly often (as they should) and wrap-arounds.

Make sure you put the camera zoom up about half-way when creating the game. Makes the graphics look so much better, pretty close to last year's version. The default zoom is too far out and makes the game look fuzzy.

Anybody got XBOX Live and want a game, or want me to teach them how to be good (), my gamertag is Domination 02.

For $20 bucks, it's an absolute steal. The online leagues alone are worth $20 bucks. They're so sweet!

Old
09-03-2004, 06:57 AM
allrevvedup25

Does anyone know if they are going to bring out a PC version of 2k5???

Old
09-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
That's kind of doubtful... I dont think Sega ever ports over...

Old
09-04-2004, 01:21 PM
broadwayblue

just picked it up...my first ps2 game purchase in 3 years. gonna throw it in now.

Old
09-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
[QUOTE=Draft Guru]I'm currently ranked #2 in the world on XBOX Live with a record of 40-2.

Game is definitely great. No glitches at all, unlike 2k4.

I got the game the first day and I think it's great, but it does have it's glitches. For some reason whenever I go to my email and read what my scout emailed me and the whole game freezes. I also hate that if a guy gets injured for 1-2 days you have to go through the whole process of scratching him, setting your lines and then if there is no game doing it again when he is healthy again. I also thought you could edit you minor league lineup, but you can only edit lines........for some reason you can't dress or scratch who you want. There are other things about the game I found strange. Why is it I can't see past box scores from other games? This was a major complaint about last years EA game. Like I said I like the game, but it isn't perfect and without it's bugs. But for 20 bucks you really can't go wrong.

Who else feels like paying 50 bucks for a game is too much now??

Old
09-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Edge

I've felt 50 bucks has been too much for a long time.

Games are all rushed now and have some bugs that you wonder "how on earth did they miss that". PC games are the hardest though because I can't rent em and return em if they are bags of crap.

Not that I have too much time to play games {usually the weekends for a little bit with my wife} but probably the one game I am really interested in is Sid Miers Pirates. I remember that game from when i was a kid, look forward to seeing how he does with a new version.

Old
09-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Ocelot

Yeah I picked it up a few days ago. I've been playing the 2k seriers since 2k2 and IMO EA still wins out. The game play is more solid in EA. but Sega wins with the modes. Its a whole lot of fun playing on a hockey game on a space station or in the desert.

Old
09-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Russian_fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Great game, not perfect but very fun to play. The graphics have been bumped up a couple of notches and has probably surpassed even EA Sports at this point.

At 20 bucks you REALLY cant beat the price either.
Welcome to the club

Now lets all party in party mode!

Closed Thread