HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs school bruins again!

Old
10-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well there's a lot of imagination in the world. And you know how Bruins fans NEVER think that their players dive while EVERY SINGLE ONE of our players are supposed to be divers.....Well that "reality" could have been used by Julien as well.
There will always be 2 sides to every story.. No doubt!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:00 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
MaxPac is annoyed by his injury to his wrist. No doubt.
A week of rest will do him good.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Thankfully, it's the start of the year. And It will NOT end like that. So it's fun to see our enemy having some problems. But people, nobody, I repeat, NOBODY wants the Bruins to have a top 5 pick this year and not even a top 10 pick. 'Cause if it ends up as a hangover year, they'll be back at cup contending the year after just with the 1st rounder they'll pick in the upcoming draft. There are going to be great players in there and maybe a lot of guys already to play in the NHL as soon as next year. And Boston is never afraid to let that happen.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Maxpac

I was at the game tonight, it was a lot of fun!

1st, I'll start with the negative point....

Mathieu Darche has got to go!! Mother of hell is he useless. That man has no asset whatsover othen then displaying a decent effort, he takes away one of Eller or Kostitsyn on the powerplay and a tough player on the 4th line. You guys think we would have a worse team because a Colton Orr oor Chris Niel would be playing 7-8 min over this guy? Yeah. Right.

Now, wow oh wow did our centers play a heck of a game!! All 3 were rocking tonight. I'm with everybody else here, I have no idea what will happen to Gomez when he's injury free. I'm happy I was right all along, I knew that both Desharnais and Eller would grow by leaps and bounds if we gave them big minutes and big roles with good players.

That whole 3rd line was amazing. All 3 do not get pushed easily on the boards, and I noticed tonight (I guess by being at the bell center) that they love to wait for eachother in order to make plays, great chemistry no doubt.

Eric Cole played really, really good. I don't think the Bruins are used to having a big player on the Habs team and used strenght as much when he's in motion. I love watching players carrying their opponents while they're skating and not lose the puck, Cole is a master at that game. To me that 2nd line is a keeper and will only get better.

Diaz is a defensmen that will play for this team for a long time. His defensive side of the game is really underrated. But man I wish Martin would show more confidence in a Subban-Diaz pairng for the power-play. They dont' have enough ice-time, Diaz has the opportunity to be a 2nd Markov on this team if the coach let's him.

Atta boy Travis Moen!!!! Nice seeing somebody stand-up against Thornton, thank god I was there to see it. But like I said earlier, this team would not weaken in the least if we put a real tough player on the 4th line, I'm sure it would also help Nokilainen and Blunden to fully play their game too. Those were good tonight, Blunden loves to hit, that's for sure.

That's all for now.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Miller Time

Great to see the team put together a little win streak before the week "off"...

The good:

Price is looking ready to resume his standing as one of the league's best.

Cole playing with the impact he was brought in to have.

Kost, Weber, MaxPac, Diaz, DD, Eller all giving us quality.

The "meh"

Spacek even looking pretty solid, though still looks to me like a player not well suited to survive the wear and tear of a full season.

Cammy's playmaking and passing looks like it's actually regressing. He's our sniper, so I get why he gets so much PP time, but they should almost make it a rule that he only gets the puck if he's going to shoot it... no vision, no timing, and terribly ineffective trying to create something with the puck, either for himself or his teammates.

The Ugly

Gill looks old, slow and tired... and it's not even november

At the risk of sounding like a "chicken little", watching tonight, even in winning, I see a team that is not built to survive the rigours of the stretch drive/playoffs.

we won't get the same penalty calls in our favour come playoffs (ference's punch and lucic's slash come to mind)... A lot easier for our guys to "keep playing" and not let the aggressive antics get to them when penalties are getting called. When the whistles get put away, and we know they will, it gets a lot tougher to "turn the other cheek", and intimidation becomes a factor

with all due credit to Moen, and the team in general for not backing down, the roster still seems to devoid of players able and willing to mitigate the liberties taken by the other team. same old story, but guys like Spacek, Weber, Diaz, are going to have a really hard time surviving the playoff push/playoffs when opposing fwds have the way with them after every stoppage of play and when the refs allow far more late contact during the play.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I had to laugh at Milbury's cvomment "Subban up to his old tricks"...yeah because somebody punching you in the head or slashing you for no reason is a "trick"...sounds like what Burke said about the Sedins being "Sweedish for punch me in the head". Is Subban english for punch me in the head?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Protest the Hero

We must be the only team in the league with the completely opposite bandwagon. Some notable posters who only show up when this team is playing badly have been absent the last couple of wins.

The number of posts in the PGT's take a dive as well.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:10 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I had to laugh at Milbury's cvomment "Subban up to his old tricks"...yeah because somebody punching you in the head or slashing you for no reason is a "trick"...sounds like what Burke said about the Sedins being "Sweedish for punch me in the head". Is Subban english for punch me in the head?
No, it's Swedish for *****.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I've almost reached my limit with Milbury.

It's one thing to be on CBC like Cherry & trash the Habs & everything soft. But he's Canadian. Milbury is from the USA. Does he even have citizenship? Seriously, we gotta start a fire Milbury thread/Poll/Facebook. Reaching the limit with this guy. we shouldn't need to put up with an American Idiot on a Canadian Tax paying station.

Nuff Said!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:12 PM
noiro

Did you guys hear the coach after the game? It's on RDS. Jacques Martin did not seem happy even after the Win. What the **** is this guy's problem? We are below .500 but he could show some satisfaction. It seems to me like he is feeling the players are responsible for the firing of his buddy and is letting everybody know...but that's just my feeling.

noiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:15 PM
NHLcrazy

Gotta love Eller's play this year... I'll admit at first I thought we had another Marcel Hossa in our hands. He still needs some time but he possesses great qualities, a real talented player.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiro View Post
Did you guys hear the coach after the game? It's on RDS. Jacques Martin did not seem happy even after the Win. What the **** is this guy's problem? We are below .500 but he could show some satisfaction. It seems to me like he is feeling the players are responsible for the firing of his buddy and is letting everybody know...but that's just my feeling.
He's ALWAYS like this. Like I mentioned earlier.. when we lose.. the team played well but when we win, the team needs to improve. It's something he and the players do alot..

Basically.. like a poster replied to me.. doesn't make them look like over confident or down in the dumps.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:17 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
We must be the only team in the league with the completely opposite bandwagon. Some notable posters who only show up when this team is playing badly have been absent the last couple of wins.

Did Plekamaniac post much in the GTD?

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:20 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
I hate JM coaching the Habs as much as anyone but don't read into things you don't have much knowledge of. The team was very close to losing both games against Boston, and our offensive output was weak-to-middling.

He wants the team to be responsible through-and-through. With the slightly tweaked forecheck the onus is on the D to be super-tight in order to be in line with JM's philosophy.

OR He could've been in a bad mood because of another previous question or event and he's only human. Either way, cut him some slack, it's only a media scrum.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:20 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
your awnser right there.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
We got Moore for a 2nd rounder. We got Nokelainen for Trotter and a 7th. Sorry but who trashed that trade again? And yes, at one point, you cannot say that a guy fits PERFECTLY a team and you end up not signing him especially when it's not like he's asking for the world. So, SO FAR, as I expected THIS TIME, Nokelainen is a great addition. And if he continues this way, let's hope he's in the plans for the future. But let's wait shall we?
You are thinking too much like a scout.. Can we agree that without Moore to stabilize the third line 2 years ago there is no wonderful playoffs race to the conference finale? Can we agree that without the Wiz last year, we miss the playoffs? Do you realize the pressure Gauthier has on the shoulders to make the playoffs? Do you realize that once you clinch, everything is possible in the post season? I dont think so.. how many elite talents are drafted in the second rounds? Very few.. Now look at our team, alot of young and promising guys already in the line-up, our depth chart looks pretty good as well, there is no way Gauthier is destroying the future of this team by trading some picks in order to improve it short term.. we all know Timmins can get us some NHL talent in the late rounds either so dont tell me Gauthier isnt doing his job here. Now, when you trade for a rental (UFA to become), its usually to patch an hole in the line-up and when the season ends, then you revaluate your roster and takes the proper decisions for the future of the team.. Would you have re-signed Wiz at the money Columbus signed him.. than you..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 10-29-2011 at 11:33 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
So how short is the temper of Milan Lucic? Honestly.. guy must have been on his period.. biggest sore loser of the night.
Uh no, trust me on this one, there is no bigger sore lose, straight up *****, 5 year old ***** in the league more then Nathan Horton. He whines and cries to the refs and shoves everybody after whistles all the time. Lucic is an emotional hpckey player, but Horton justt looks like a dick on and off the ice.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:26 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:

It's easier to notice mistakes than effective play. There is a degree of bandwagoning but 90% of the posters here are dedicated fans, and while they disagree with the direction of the team at times they all want overall success.

Before the Pearn firing I wanted the team to lose against Phi-Bos-Bos so JM would get the boot so the team could win in the long-run.

With the recent mini-streak and noticeable elevated play we're in a wait-and-see mode, who knows what direction they team is going but it beats losing to Toronto and the Panthers.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:30 PM
sheed36

Quote:

All large fanbases have those types and not only the Habs..

Don't believe me? Go check the Bruins board tonight and see the whiners that have come out of the woodwork again tonight..

Anyway that's the way it works around here so you may as well deal with it and accept it since it's not changing anytime soon.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:33 PM
Roulin

Quote:
I get the sense that it has been a conscious decision by Habs management, to show one face to media and then show true colors when working behind the scenes. IMO Martin intentionally bores the media, and Gauthier outright lies. It's not much fun for us to listen to their interviews, but I can't say I feel too bad for the press. They've had enough of a field day dissecting Habs personalities, let them focus on the on-ice product.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:37 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarjak View Post
Subban is making all the mistakes he did at the start of the last season. He's winding up for big, predictable shots that miss the net by a mile instead of looking to create rebounds with accurate shots, he's doing the spinorama at the weirdest times, and he goes for the empty net instead of just clearing the puck as he should have done.

He did not have a very good game tonight...
Disagree. He drew two penalties in the game with one leading to a goal, and didn't retaliate like he may have at the beginning of last year.

He also clearly wasn't going for the net and was just trying to put it down the ice without icing it..just put a little much on it...I mean it ended in the corner and was a floating shot so pretty obvious he didn't go for the net.

That spinorama got him out of a few issues tonight and he always seems to get passes that put him in ****** situations and has to get him out of it.

As for his shots..I won't disagree but a lot of his goals last year were on one-timers and people are just focusing on him now. The reason he got to use that big shot last year was Wiz..and unfortunately, Plekanec isn't Wisniewski when discussing shots.

On top of that, he made some nice defensive plays with the stick and continues to make that first pass practically every time.

He wasn't great tonight but he was far from bad. I'd say decent.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
So how short is the temper of Milan Lucic? Honestly.. guy must have been on his period.. biggest sore loser of the night.
Horton as well. Seems to me he was fine in Florida..

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:48 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
also, dunno if anyone posted this, but way to go ESPN.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
You are thinking too much like a scout.. Can we agree that without Moore to stabilize the third line 2 years ago there is no wonderful playoffs race to the conference finale? Can we agree that without the Wiz last year, we miss the playoffs? Do you realize the pressure Gauthier has on the shoulders to make the playoffs? Do you realize that once you clinch, everything is possible in the post season? I dont think so.. how many elite talents are drafted in the second rounds? Very few.. Now look at our team, alot of young and promising guys already in the line-up, our depth chart looks pretty good as well, there is no way Gauthier is destroying the future of this team by trading some picks in order to improve it short term.. we all know Timmins can get us some NHL talent in the late rounds either so dont tell me Gauthier isnt doing his job here.
Sorry but if you end up thinking like a GM or an owner or whatever, there's just as much pressure for any of the 30 GM's than there is for Gauthier. There's not a lot of GM's and coaches that don't lose their job just because they are elsewhere than Montreal. I mean, there are teams who are losing money. Pretty sure the owner would appreciate to see that stop. There are a lot of empty buildings etc. There might not be as many journalists and fans but the pressure if elsewhere. Again, I keep hearing the incredible pressure the organization has, that it's wrongfully been compared to the past editions of the Habs, that there's never been more than 7 years without a Stanley Cup and yet now....it's 18 years and counting. Since 2003, Gainey and Co, which includes Gauthier, have been in charge of this team. They have improved it, also thanks to André Savard from the incredibly bad Réjean Houle era. But there's still no Cup to show for, and not even a Finals. We have had along the way 1 3rd round....but a few 1st and 2nd as well.

Yes, those players helped. Incredible though that we can say that without Moore, there's no incredible race....yet when I suggest it was mostly Halak, people keep telling me it was a team effort? So it was more Moore than Halak? Come on. He did play a role. Halak played a bigger one. And we never know, if it's not Moore, maybe it could have been somebody else for a 3rd or a 4th. Nokelainen could play an interesting role, different but still interesting and solid.... and we had him for Trotter and a 7th.

Destroying the pool? No. Though, don't look but as of now, our most brillant prospects, aside from Leblanc, are NOT in Hamilton. So there's a gap here that in need of a callup, as much as I like him, it's Engqvist and Palushaj. Nobody else. And you can give 2nd rounders if you want to.....but there are NO reasons why a guy you think was incredible and a must on a playoff run, will not be there for 1 or 2 more seasons. Boston gave a 2nd rounder for Kelly....the guy is still there. And it's not about the money. You could argue that we could not have made an offer to Wiz based on the fact that he did so good with us that he got the jackpot we couldn't give him. We could argue back and forth but I could give you that one to make you happy.

Yeah, I realize that once you clinch everything can happen. Which does not give you the right to trade your 1st and 2nd every year ( I know, that's not what he's doing) 'cause only the present exist. You will need those picks at one point to be the present of your future. 'Cause you might not be able to buy a core like we did when Gainey decided to "retool". And 2nd rounders are important. Look at every draft, this is not round 4 and up. My point would be that if I HAVE to trade a high pick, I have to make sure the guy will play a significant role. And if he does, I'll make sure he's back on my team.

Mind you, I already had admitted that draft day is also Christmas for me. So it makes my day not as fun as when we have tons of picks in there. So it is for a selfish point of view. Love following the prospects and the draft and all that stuff just like I love following the actual games. And sometimes, a little more. Yet, I don't think having picks is also detrimental to your team. And especially not after a whole lot of bashing, including some from me, you have a guy like Timmins who seems to be more brillant as the rounds progresses......

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2011, 11:50 PM
SB164

ArponBasu Arpon Basu
Price believes #Habs are out of funk: “That’s all it took, just a couple of wins. Now the guys are excited to go to the rink again."

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote