HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Tavares' wing

Old
10-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Bauer Warrior*

vCash: 500
Tavares' wing

You don't have to give any players up. But which winger would you most like to see Tavares play with? Any player on any wing.

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:29 AM
swissexpert

Nino Niederreiter

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:56 AM
ilovemarkmessier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer Warrior View Post
You don't have to give any players up. But which winger would you most like to see Tavares play with? Any player on any wing.

I like the current line with MM and Pa it worked last year. Give it a chance to get hot again. Mess with the other lines they arent producing at all. Comeu a gonner when Nino gets back. He will have a permanent seat in the press box till we can include him in a trade.

ilovemarkmessier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 03:49 AM
drive45

other concerns

the 1st line is the least of our worries. I'm not saying that there are no concerns there at all, just that we need to worry more a bout a top4 dman to pair with Streit and about getting more production from lines 2&3

drive45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Symon Asher

Streit can move from D to right wing and play with JT when Jurcina comes back. Streit played wing with the Canadiens. 3 shutouts in 7 games something needs to be experimented with.

Symon Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Snow is actually hurting JT by not giving him the proper support. MM, and PA are not legit first liners. They are far too soft. But Snow is happy to throw it all on JT. I have no respect for Snow at all.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 05:34 AM
OlTimeHockey

PA and Moulson.

Why? Because that line works....so why break up the only line tha works? To gamble and have four broken lines?

Grabner and Comeau on Nielson's line gives defense, speed and puck possession.

Bailey and Okposo with Martin gives a hard charging line with energy and decent passing (good if Bailey gets his head out of his tucchus).

Pandolfo, Reasoner and Rolston gives defense and not much else, but they are vets and play smarter hockey.

Worth a try, I say. I do not break up the one line that has worked, though. If all three of Moulson, PA and JT were independantly successful, I might try to lend one to a shift to jumpstart a line, but, no, we can't screw up what little offense we have.

Thanks for being cheap, Chuck! (nice sell-out on the Pens rematch, BTW, you buffoon of an inept owner!)

Hope we make the cap floor next year.

Time to (re)hire Bill Torrey as Team President to hire/fire all staff. It'd be nice to have EVERYONE accountable for their performance.

OlTimeHockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Jagr, St. Louis, or Perry

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 07:09 AM
xIsle

What I would like to see:

M. Grabner - J. Tavares - K. Okposo
M. Moulson - J. Bailey - PA Parenteau
B. Comeau - F. Nielsen - M. Martin
B. Rolston - M. Reasoner - J. Pandolfo

We need Grabner and Okposo to start producing and I think the best remedy for that is playing them with our best player.

Another player that I want to see producing offensively is Josh Bailey. Playing with Matt Moulson and Parenteau could help him to regain confidence. I want to see the Josh Bailey of the beginning of last year back!! Is that possible?

And than we have a classical type 3rd line of Comeau - Nielsen - Martin. Maybe the good vision and passing of Nielsen can help Comeau scoring some goals?

Yes I broke the first line but we cannot continue that way with only one line producing (and than again, that first line only produce in 2 of the 7 games so far)
With only one trio that works, we will not win many games anyway. We must find ways to have more than one line that works. Let's be creative a bit and not to conservative.

xIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIsle View Post

We need Grabner and Okposo to start producing and I think the best remedy for that is playing them with our best player.

Another player that I want to see producing offensively is Josh Bailey. Playing with Matt Moulson and Parenteau could help him to regain confidence. I want to see the Josh Bailey of the beginning of last year back!! Is that possible?

And than we have a classical type 3rd line of Comeau - Nielsen - Martin. Maybe the good vision and passing of Nielsen can help Comeau scoring some goals?

Yes I broke the first line but we cannot continue that way with only one line producing (and than again, that first line only produce in 2 of the 7 games so far)
With only one trio that works, we will not win many games anyway. We must find ways to have more than one line that works. Let's be creative a bit and not to conservative.
I actually like those lines alot

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
St.louis, Hemsky, Morrow and Sharp.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:27 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
PA and Moulson.

Why? Because that line works....so why break up the only line tha works? To gamble and have four broken lines?

Bailey and Okposo with Martin gives a hard charging line with energy and decent passing (good if Bailey gets his head out of his tucchus).

Pandolfo, Reasoner and Rolston gives defense and not much else, but they are vets and play smarter hockey.

Worth a try, I say. I do not break up the one line that has worked, though. If all three of Moulson, PA and JT were independantly successful, I might try to lend one to a shift to jumpstart a line, but, no, we can't screw up what little offense we have.

Thanks for being cheap, Chuck! (nice sell-out on the Pens rematch, BTW, you buffoon of an inept owner!)

Time to (re)hire Bill Torrey as Team President to hire/fire all staff. It'd be nice to have EVERYONE accountable for their performance.
I have to disagree with you here. It's very noticable to this fan that Tavares has outgrown his linemates in terms of skill and production and personally I feel Moulson and Parenteau are starting to become passengers for Tavares instead of linemates that can play with him. He's about 5 steps ahead of the game compared to those two now and needs someone to be able to play at that speed with him.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Words Of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xIsle View Post

Definitely love those lines. Would be all for that. But i wish this team could trade for a guy like Hemsky even though hes injury prone. This team could use a guy like Semin, but he is not going to leave the best team in the NHL

Words Of Wisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Jagr, St. Louis, or Perry
Congratulations! You're the first one to get it!

Old
10-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Isles Junkie

The 1st line is working. But none of the other lines are. I say they should split up that 1st line & try to get something going on the other lines.

Grabner Tavares Okposo
Comeau Bailey Moulson
Parenteau Neilsen Rolston

just try something different. this team can't be any worse 5 on 5 then they've been this season.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Congratulations! You're the first one to get it!
for the record I got the point of this thread too. But I think it's far more interesting & realistic to talk about what the lines should look like in reality. The Paul Martins of the world turn us down, so what chance would we have of getting Martty St. Louis to come here?

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 10:29 AM
TennesseeJedd

On the team I would put Okposo on his right wing today, off the team St. Louis

TennesseeJedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 11:53 AM
redbull
Expect more

Tavares can play with anyone. He's just a talented player with tremendous vision and incredible offensive instincts.

I wouldn't say that PAP-Moulson "worked" - just because they got points. The team lost games, they finished among the bottom five in the league.

The big minute players that DID produce, DIDN'T PRODUCE ENOUGH relative to other teams. That's the POINT.

Production is relative. Lucic and Krejci produced less than Kessel and Heatley but their value to the team is drastically different. Producing when the team loses isn't exactly SUCCESS.

I made this point all last year, and in years prior.

Maybe 20 goals and 50 points is great for Parenteau. Since he was a career minor leaguer and was picked up out of the garbage and he only makes $1.2Million. Maybe Moulson's a HUGE success story because he has overachieved based on expectations for another scrap pickup.

BUT maybe these players aren't good enough to line-up against the Pens, Flyers, Bruins and other good teams. They've shown they can't even compete with Florida or Tampa most nights.

We dump on Bailey because he was a first rounder but should we really have EXPECTED a player that young, who had proven NOTHING, to carry this team? Are we seriously relying on the EXPECTATION that ALL our young players will AUTOMATICALLY get better every year because they are OLDER?

Tyler Seguin was a #2 overall who SAT IN THE PRESS BOX - replaced by the likes of Marco Sturm.

We don't have enough talent - PERIOD.

How you distribute it makes a small difference.

Personally, I'd juggle the lines A LOT. ESPECIALLY when things aren't working. I have NO IDEA why we've never seen lines like:

Bailey - Tavares - Okposo

Grabner - Tavares - Bailey

Moulson - Bailey - Comeau

Grabner - Bailey - Okposo

We talked all summer about not breaking up Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo - yet they are completely ineffective. So how long do we wait to try something different?

Some of us fans are ready to trade a guy after a poor 5-6 game stretch. Some of us are ready to sit a goalie after a bad GOAL or a bad PERIOD.

If you watch other teams play (not specifically against the NYI) you see that the VAST majority of teams have much more size, speed, talent than the Islanders. It's not close.

They will win games because even the worst teams in hockey win games. They will get enough good performances from Tavares, Streit, a goalie that they will win games.

But as I said before the season, this is a lottery team. Their only hope is MAJOR strides from players that have ONLY shown regression this year.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 12:30 PM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 50
Nash and Hall

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Bauer Warrior*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Nash and Hall
Exactly the wingers I had in mind.

Old
10-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Sammy2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
PA and Moulson.

You can mix up the lines all you want. It will not make up for the lack of talent and effort on this team.

Sammy2010* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:48 PM
El Big Cubano

Iginla and Kessel

Last edited by El Big Cubano: 10-26-2011 at 02:02 PM.
El Big Cubano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
StrongIslanders90

Iginla Perry Ryan OVI

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:01 PM
startainfection

ovi.

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2011, 02:08 PM
BelovedIsles

Send a message via AIM to BelovedIsles
A guy like Jeff Skinner would be a great complement to JT, they both play similar cerebral games, around the puck; they both control the area between the dots and below. They showed a glimpse of their wizardry in the WCs.

Kyle Okposo's style, pre-injury also complements JT. His forechecking, board, and puck possession game would take the burden off of JT.

Right now JT has advanced above his line mates, it's apparent. PA isn't the proper puck mover, and Moulson isn't the proper board player. He needs players that will help him carry the puck into the zone, and also help him retrieve.

BelovedIsles is offline   Reply With Quote