HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coaching, GM changes imminent?

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

vCash: 500
I have to wonder what our record would be if we had Carter and Wiz in the lineup since day 1.

I think Wisnieski alone would have made a difference in at least 2 games (Ottawa and the Dallas home game), when you consider he plays nearly half the game.

If I'm ownership, I tell Howson and Arniel they have until Jan 1 to get to .500, no excuses. That would require a 15-8-3 stretch of hockey, improbable, but doable.

Old
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
jktsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Mea Culpa means- it's my fault. If he reported what he was told, how is he at fault? Are you saying he lied? Fabricated the story?
I will admit that the very fact that i am a fan of The Blue Jackets does imply that I am of low intelect. That being said, I resent you feeling you need to define my post to me. Now in regards to Portzline, it wouldn't surprise me if 'multiple NHL sources' were two janitors from Nationwide Arena. I've never been the least bit impressed with any of his writing. Yes, I do believe outright fabrication of facts is not beneath him.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktsfan View Post
I will admit that the very fact that i am a fan of The Blue Jackets does imply that I am of low intelect. That being said, I resent you feeling you need to define my post to me. Now in regards to Portzline, it wouldn't surprise me if 'multiple NHL sources' were two janitors from Nationwide Arena. I've never been the least bit impressed with any of his writing. Yes, I do believe outright fabrication of facts is not beneath him.
None of what you've said here - unless you have proof of fabrication - would indicate a "mea culpa" is necessary. Portzline reported what he'd been told by sources. You, as reader, made a decision what to do with that information. All good. That's how it works. Sorry if I seem to be explaining your post to you.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

@Aportzline Dispatch: #CBJ president Mike Priest denies reaching out to CM/coaching candidates, but says "losing con't continue." bluejacketsxtra.com "

Old
10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Covering a pro sports team and rubbing elbows with team executives and other media members for years should grant you certain avenues of acquiring banter and chatter from sources.

The fact that the Dispatch is a minority owner as well and this could be Portzline simply stirring the pot had crossed my mind, but I just don't see him throwing a name out without "compelling evidence" that Button has been contacted, regardless of in what capacity the contact was pretaining to.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:09 AM
jktsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
None of what you've said here - unless you have proof of fabrication - would indicate a "mea culpa" is necessary. Portzline reported what he'd been told by sources. You, as reader, made a decision what to do with that information. All good. That's how it works. Sorry if I seem to be explaining your post to you.
Sorry that we do not agree.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:10 AM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Covering a pro sports team and rubbing elbows with team executives and other media members for years should grant you certain avenues of acquiring banter and chatter from sources.

The fact that the Dispatch is a minority owner as well and this could be Portzline simply stirring the pot had crossed my mind, but I just don't see him throwing a name out without "compelling evidence" that Button has been contacted, regardless of in what capacity the contact was pretaining to.
Porty is not going to risk damaging his reputation unless he is specifically directed to do so by someone named Wolfe.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:10 AM
CapnCornelius

Quote:
So at some point does Portzline have to do a me aculpa and admit his story was total bs? Button denounced ANY contact with the organization last night on NHL On The Fly. I think nothing happens at all.
Portzline has credibility?

Old
10-31-2011, 11:11 AM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
More than any of us on a message board.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:15 AM
jktsfan*

Wow.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Doctor Spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
Well played, sir. Certainly the brightest bulb on this strand.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:37 AM
brianhatesu

Send a message via AIM to brianhatesu
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
Did you guys just start following sports? So he denied being contacted for a job that is not "technically" available yet. Or is that how your fire GMs/coaches nowadays, on NHL On The Fly. I'm sure there is some confidentiality agreement that is reached.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:43 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianhatesu View Post
Did you guys just start following sports? So he denied being contacted for a job that is not "technically" available yet. Or is that how your fire GMs/coaches nowadays, on NHL On The Fly. I'm sure there is some confidentiality agreement that is reached.
Agree:

Button's two response options:

Say nothing, let the big top and ferris wheel continue.

Vehemently deny contact, quieting most of the critics.

I'd say there might be a half truth to this whole thing. Button was contacted, the exact purpose unknown, logical conclusion could be drawn that he was contacted to fix the mess (team was 1-9-1 at the time), fix the mess is Scott Howson's job, therefore, Button=New GM.

Old
10-31-2011, 11:54 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Agree:

Button's two response options:

Say nothing, let the big top and ferris wheel continue.

Vehemently deny contact, quieting most of the critics.

I'd say there might be a half truth to this whole thing. Button was contacted, the exact purpose unknown, logical conclusion could be drawn that he was contacted to fix the mess (team was 1-9-1 at the time), fix the mess is Scott Howson's job, therefore, Button=New GM.
Very logical, KBW.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 0
Quote:
I will admit that the very fact that i am a fan of The Blue Jackets does imply that I am of low intelect. .
I am in this camp, but those who know me question my intellect in that I root for the Browns and Blue Jackets

If not my intellect, then maybe my sanity

Old
10-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Fred Glover
Chief of Sinners

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
This

Old
10-31-2011, 12:39 PM
blahblah

We are still arguing over this and we now have an anal person who appears to now to be determined to jump down AP's throat?

I admit I haven't payed attention to the language of Hitch and Button. Did they say they haven't been contacted by the Jackets? If so, their agents might have been contacted for example.

Last edited by blahblah: 10-31-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old
10-31-2011, 01:07 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
We are still arguing over this and we now have an anal person who's appears to now to be determined to jumping down AP's throat?

I admit I haven't payed attention to the language of Hitch and Button. Did they say they haven't been contacted by the Jackets? If so, their agents might have been contacted for example.
This ain't your first rodeo. I'm pretty sure you know how this works. Priest or Mac contact potential GM's agent about a possible opening. The media finds out something is up and they ask that potential GM, "Have you been contacted about the Columbus job?"

MR. GM Candidate replies, "No one has contacted ME about the Columbus job. I wish their operation well"

This is exactly how tampering occurs as well.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
This ain't your first rodeo. I'm pretty sure you know how this works. Priest or Mac contact potential GM's agent about a possible opening. The media finds out something is up and they ask that potential GM, "Have you been contacted about the Columbus job?"

MR. GM Candidate replies, "No one has contacted ME about the Columbus job. I wish their operation well"

This is exactly how tampering occurs as well.
Yeah, just wondering why we seemed obsessed with AP. He reported what he heard. It's hearsay, so should be taken with a grain of salt.

Some of the posts around here indicate they might not be aware of how stuff like this can potentially go down.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:15 PM
wellington

they WERE upfront after all

It can't be denied that they did in fact warn us by opening the season blaring that they were just learning to walk. C'mon we can't expect winning! The curtain thing again was cool but kick off the year that's supposed to be the one, blasting about being on their knees praying and getting good at starting over again? So now Porty tells us a new coach and GM is imminent so here we go - starting over again. The video is still on the website, watched it agian and screamed at the irony. As the opener says again and again and again, THINK I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
BluejacketNut

All we need is a vote of confidence and we may be in luck!

Old
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
All we need is a vote of confidence and we may be in luck!
I seem to remember that last week.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

its been this way all year, so nothing really new, but Hitch has basically set up shop below about 206 in a suite with paper scattered all over watching games and taking notes...

there's a reason for it, not exactly sure what it is (helping arniel with positioning and player comments, preparing for the future, etc)

its really interesting to watch him look at the team with no emotion and just take notes...

Old
10-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post

its really interesting to watch him look at the team with no emotion and just take notes...
If only I could do this...

Old
10-31-2011, 01:47 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
If only I could do this...
i know, right?!?!

Closed Thread