HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MZA back to Modo?

Old
11-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Komarov47

vCash: 500
In KHL (Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk )???
http://hockeypravda.ru/news/show_news.php?id=9404

Quote:
"Forward "Rangers" in an interview with Mats Tsukkarello Norwegian edition of VG Nett said he was tired of playing in the AHL. If The Rangers will not give him a chance or not trade to another team, he intends to leave North America.

- If a reasonable amount of time I see that the "Rangers" is interested in me, I will consider the options exchanges in the other team. I came here not to play in the AHL. I think the team did not give me a chance to show myself. It is foolish to go out in the fourth line, which is just fighting and power struggle. It's not for me. Maybe even better now that I'm in the farm club - he said.

Interest in Tsukkarello there in the CHL. Head Coach "Neftekhimik" Alexander Smirnov told VG Nett, that his club is really interested in waiting for the signal Tsukkarello from an agent sends.""
sorry bad translate

Last edited by Komarov47: 11-04-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
In KHL (Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk )???
http://hockeypravda.ru/news/show_news.php?id=9404

sorry bad translate
- If I am not within a reasonable time feel that Rangers are interested in getting me back, and go for me, I must look for another top club in the United States. There is a limit to how long it's interesting for me to have it now. I would like (to move) if they do not really have any future plans for me.

- Of course I'm disappointed to be here, it is not the place to be. I will be in the NHL, but I'll just make the best out of it, so we'll see what happens.

- There is no point for me to play on the fourth row, where you must fight and tackle, it's not really me. Maybe it's better that I'm here. It's something I must respect, even if I do not like it.

From the source (VG). Even he thinks it's better to be there, than in a checking line.

Ilovemymum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Komarov47

I think a team like Carolina could very use him (but i think they are already chasing Omark from the Oilers).

Old
11-04-2011, 06:53 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
I think a team like Carolina could very use him (but i think they are already chasing Omark from the Oilers).
Quite comparable players, I'd take Zuke but Omarks cap hit is only 800'.

Old
11-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
Quite comparable players, I'd take Zuke but Omarks cap hit is only 800'.
Omark is more skilled.

Old
11-04-2011, 07:11 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Omark is more skilled.
Zuke is equaly or more productive. And cuter. Longer stick.

Old
11-04-2011, 07:28 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
I disagree completely!
There is no attitude issues with this interview... Of course he´s disappointed. He didn´t leave everything he had in Sweden to play in Hartford.
Zuke has a great attitude IMO, and just answers the questions from the journalist. He´s confident that he is good enough for the NHL, and thank God for that! He is still a humble guy, and even in this interview he says he understands that it is no use for him to play 6-7 minutes in the 4th line. I don´t think the Rangers wants a player on the team that don´t believe in himself..

Btw, I don´t think there are any other players in the AHL that has this kind of attention from the media.... Journalists that follows Zuke from Hartford to Adirondack and back.....

No doubt he is Norways biggets hockey-star at the moment. For some people this feels kind of strange when we have a player like Patrick Thoresen who are haveing success in tht KHL, where he won the cup last year....

I love it. Zukes signing with the Rangers has without doubt made quite a few more hockey fans in Norway, which is needed

I guess we´ll have another answer now when Wolski is out with injury. If WW is out a while, and Zuke is NOT called up, this would of course be another blow for him.
I guess I overreacted a bit. Maybe I was wrong. But I fear hes gonna end up in a doghouse like Holøs did.
Anyway I want him to give his best in AHL (which he have so far) I dont think it will hurt his game, and his value will not discrease if he put up an avarage at 1,14 points like now.
He is on pace to 115 points in 82 games.
As you said,Zuke playing for NHL and Rangers are significant for the hockey interesse in Norway, but unfortanly, that`s not for Rangers to concern about.

Sorry the bad spelling

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:31 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Omark is more skilled.
Yet Zuke outscored him in SEL from a much weaker team

Old
11-04-2011, 07:39 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
And cuter. Longer stick.
And you know this, how...??

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:45 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
And you know this, how...??
I think you're reading too much into it

Old
11-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Meanwhile, Tortorella said the Rangers will likely have more information on the severity of Wojtek Wolski’s re-aggravated strained groin tomorrow.

“It just acted up,” Tortorella said. “He got accordioned.”

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
1.Having folds or bends like the bellows of an accordion: accordion pleats; accordion blinds.

Could anyone with English proficiency translate what that actually means? Don't think it's a medical term?

Old
11-04-2011, 08:45 AM
fredrikstad

Sorry but Google translater don`t seem to work on this page?
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13886898.ab

It`s says that Frölunda of Gothenberg is jumping in the batle for MZA. If a player like that is availeble, you make room for him.

Old
11-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Komarov47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Sorry but Google translater don`t seem to work on this page?
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportblade...cle13886898.ab

It`s says that Frölunda of Gothenberg is jumping in the batle for MZA. If a player like that is availeble, you make room for him.
Apparently several KHL teams are chasing MZA too. But i think he would rather go back in Sweden.

Old
11-04-2011, 11:14 AM
redfzn

Quote:
I think you're reading too much into it
I see two Prospals, two Averys and two Dubis on the bench, in that pic.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 11:24 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

It's a Tort nighmare.
(Zucc back with up with a mile long stick and two Averys.)

Last edited by Ilovemymum: 11-05-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old
11-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Meanwhile, Tortorella said the Rangers will likely have more information on the severity of Wojtek Wolski’s re-aggravated strained groin tomorrow.

“It just acted up,” Tortorella said. “He got accordioned.”

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
1.Having folds or bends like the bellows of an accordion: accordion pleats; accordion blinds.

Could anyone with English proficiency translate what that actually means? Don't think it's a medical term?
It means that he got crushed between two players.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
It means that he got crushed between two players.
Thank you! Makes sense.

Old
11-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Wolfy

I wonder if the Rangers are waiting for Zuccarello to trash the contract and head for home. At least they wont lose him to a rival, and he can't return to the NHL for 2 years.

If Zuccarello knew this he'd never sign with the Rangers, they lied to him and mistreat him badly. European clubs can't understand how the Rangers can put a player like that in the minors, and the coach of the Norwegian national team is furious about the situation.

Sather is certainly under some pressure, and I believe something will happen soon. If they got some respect left for Zuccarello they should just let him go. Then he can sign with another NHL club.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I wonder if the Rangers are waiting for Zuccarello to trash the contract and head for home. At least they wont lose him to a rival, and he can't return to the NHL for 2 years.

If Zuccarello knew this he'd never sign with the Rangers, they lied to him and mistreat him badly. European clubs can't understand how the Rangers can put a player like that in the minors, and the coach of the Norwegian national team is furious about the situation.

Sather is certainly under some pressure, and I believe something will happen soon. If they got some respect left for Zuccarello they should just let him go. Then he can sign with another NHL club.
Zuccarello signed a contract and knew that he might end up playing in the AHL. There has been absolutely no indication that he's not going to honor his contract and he has said many times that his goal is to play in the NHL. If he leaves now, he will never reach that goal. His contract is up at the end of the season, either the Rangers will promote him and give him a chance to stick in the lineup (Tortorella has said over and over that he brings something the Rangers need--creativity with the puck) or they will trade him. They are not going to release him from his contract so he can play in Europe.

And by the way: Sather is under absolutely no pressure to do anything about Zuccarello at this moment. If it becomes clear that there is no room for him on the Ragner roster in a couple of months, then maybe something will happen.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Komarov47

And let's make it clear, Sather doesn't give a ***** about Norwegian national team coach and european teams !

Old
11-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

delete

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Vitto79

so with Rupp and Wolski on the IR who gets called up?

Hagelin is my guess for 3rd/4th line duty but maybe Zuke

their is depth in the minors with Newbury, Bourque, Mitchell, Thuresson as options as well

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Wolfy

Quote:
And let's make it clear, Sather doesn't give a ***** about Norwegian national team coach and european teams !
Well I think he does, when on the phone with agents, coaches and leaders. Then a pressure builds up whether he likes it or not. He may ignore it, and build a reputation instead.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 05:33 PM
bluecollarblueshirt*

He wasnt producing enough to beat someone out for a top 6 spot. The only reason he was sent down was because its stupid to have him playing 7-10 mins a game. He doesn't like it i dont blame him. But tough its only going to happen the same everywhere else. He doesn't produce he doesn't get the minutes. I would like to see the rangers call up mitchell as he can play either 3 or 4 line. He had a good camp. Give him a chance

bluecollarblueshirt* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:35 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarblueshirt View Post
He wasnt producing enough to beat someone out for a top 6 spot. The only reason he was sent down was because its stupid to have him playing 7-10 mins a game. He doesn't like it i dont blame him. But tough its only going to happen the same everywhere else. He doesn't produce he doesn't get the minutes. I would like to see the rangers call up mitchell as he can play either 3 or 4 line. He had a good camp. Give him a chance
Last season he produced 0,5 points pr game + briliiant in the so. Imo thats more then good enough.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote