HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

At the trade deadline..Would you be willing..

Old
10-31-2011, 08:07 AM
Zip15

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
I wouldn't give up 1sts or 2nds this year.

It's not like Regier's track record of 2nd for _____ at the deadline has been stellar.
I'm not going to speak in absolutes like that, but it certainly has to be the right deal, though. If there's a player who warrants giving up one of those picks, do it. I think we'll see more trades like last year, and there could be some very good players made available. If you can buy low, why not? I know some are talking like this draft could be as good or better than 2003, but the goal is the Cup, and if we can get someone who'd make us more of a contender, I say go for it.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:11 AM
dkollidas

Personally, I'd love to get a guy like Kesler. solves the physical forward/center issue in one fell swoop. It'd take a lot, maybe Roy, Ennis, Pysyk and 2012 first rounder? It's a pipe dream though, i highly doubt Vancouver would move him, even for that.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 08:14 AM
HiddenInLight

I wouldn't mind that deal actually. Roy, Ennis Pysyk and the first round for kesler. Id like to see the vancouver perspective on that maybe post it in the trade rumor/proposal forum to see...

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian View Post
One of the CBJ mods thought Leopold may be close to fair value for Brassard at this point. (Far less than three 1st rounders, too, Jame ) It's too bad we couldn't pull the trigger on such a deal right now, having not yet seen Weber, Gragnani not playing like he did in the playoffs, and none of the Rochester vets making a push. Nor do we have the $200k in cap space to account for Brassard's $3.2m cap hit.

Zip15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 01:36 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

I have no problem trading away picks/prospects/young guys top make this team better. No problem.

This team now has a strong nucleous, and with Vanek and Pomms actually looking/acting like leaders, we have a solid core. So to make a move and send out a Sekera or MAG, or Ennis...yeah, no problem doing that. It needs to be for the right guy but yeah, we have the core in place and to bring in 1 guy to address our one specific need, sure , do it.

To me, our defense is stellar. Myers is being taught, and learning a new way to play, so once he's back to form, we can afford to loose a Sekera. Ennis is nice but I've always had a problem with a team full of midgets, and Gerbe to me is a much more complete player.

Someone mentioned: Sekera, Ennis, Pysk & a 1st....that's a feakin package and a half, and should get just about anyone. Might need to include a salary dump but if Darcy would be willing to trade that package, we should see an elite talent coming the other way. I think the other thing is, around the New Year, we should see the standings be more realistic, and teams on the outside will be more willing to move a Doan...

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 01:42 PM
ZemgusWho
Play for 2013+

although I think this is a little too soon to speculate, let me weigh in on what I think:

the draft is how the Sabres have been able to be the Sabres. This isn't about mortgaging the "future" as much as it would be about mortgaging our identity. I especially think "NO" since a lot more money is now going into scouting under Pegula. so: no way.

I would have no problem moving a talented core tier 2 player) Ennis, Gerbe, Stafford for example - to another team for someone of the power forward mold. I think that kind of trade is necessary. Though that depends on how far away we believe Kassian is, and if he can grow into that mold. (my stance has been clear, so I say trade for the need- but this second scenario if believed, would alter whether or not a trade is the right move)

and I fully do not expect the Sabres to be a top 10 pick next season.

ZemgusWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 03:34 AM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Since we're up against the cap, and obviously we'd have to deal a roster player with said pick, it would all depend who we were getting and who were giving up. If we deal Boyes and a pick for shane Doan, hell yeah lol

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote