HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Niskala

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Niskala

Just wondering if the Preds have any plans of bringing this youngun over anytime soon. I'm thinking about picking him up in a keeper league, and if they plan to use him next season or 05-06, I'll most likely grab him.

Old
09-05-2004, 01:13 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
Just wondering if the Preds have any plans of bringing this youngun over anytime soon. I'm thinking about picking him up in a keeper league, and if they plan to use him next season or 05-06, I'll most likely grab him.

from what i've heard, one of the reasons he was picked was because he was an overager, and milwaukee's crop needs to be restocked. he was at rookie camp and was easily one of the best players there. probably, along with kevin klein, the best defenseman. i think it's likely.

Old
09-05-2004, 01:17 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
It wouldn't make sense for us not to bring him over to at least Milwaukee due to his overage status, and also the fact that he is proved pretty much what he can do already over in Europe. I think it is very likely he will be brought over this year to the AHL(NHL if he deserves consideration or had a good preseason), but if not, definitely next year.

09-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
What about goalie Teemu Lassila? Will he be brought over to America for the 05-06 season? Has he already passed Finely on the depth chart? I remember seeing him last year at the Jackets-Preds camp, he looked pretty good. Again, this is for a keeper league, but I already have LeNeveu and Leclaire as goalies, so I wouldn't be counting on Lassila coming over, it would just be a bonus.

Old
09-05-2004, 02:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
What about goalie Teemu Lassila? Will he be brought over to America for the 05-06 season? Has he already passed Finely on the depth chart? I remember seeing him last year at the Jackets-Preds camp, he looked pretty good. Again, this is for a keeper league, but I already have LeNeveu and Leclaire as goalies, so I wouldn't be counting on Lassila coming over, it would just be a bonus.
I'm not sure what the plan for Lassila is. he came to training camp, and was for the most part the best goalie, but I think they'll wait until Finley graduates to the NHL to bring Lassila over. He'd be better suited to be the number one in Finland than he would be a backup in the AHL. They don't have big plans for Pekka Rinne, so more likely he'll be the backup in Milwaukee this year.

Closed Thread