Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Trade S. Smith or W. Welker?

Old
10-31-2011, 06:57 AM
TCNorthstars

vCash: 599
Trade S. Smith or W. Welker?

I want to trade away a couple of my WR's to get a better QB. Which 2 should I trade away for Roethlisburger?

S. Smith
Welker
Maclin
Lloyd
A. J. Green

Welker or Smith plus one of the other 3.

TCNorthstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 02:47 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

vCash: 500
I think you have to keep Welker over Smith. Of the other three I'd probably lean toward trading Lloyd. Not as confident on him putting up top numbers as the other two. Feely targeted him a lot this weekend, but will Bradford do the same when he returns?

Is Roethlisburger really that much of an upgrade over who you have now?

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

Depends on if you're in a PPR or not.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 07:53 PM
BGDDYKWL

Hold the phone. You trade Welker or Smith AND another of your receivers for Big Ben and the other guy makes out like a bandit. I would definitely advise against that. I definitely would not even trade just Welker or Smith for Big Ben. How deep is your league? Ben's a weak QB1. All of those WRs are real solid. Welker and Smith are WR1s, Maclin and Green are high end WR2s, and Lloyd is the only one there'd be some debate on but he's certainly a solid WR2. Who's your QB now? The only guy I'd trade for Big Ben is Lloyd, and that's only if my current QB was someone like Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, etc.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 07:36 AM
TCNorthstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
I think you have to keep Welker over Smith. Of the other three I'd probably lean toward trading Lloyd. Not as confident on him putting up top numbers as the other two. Feely targeted him a lot this weekend, but will Bradford do the same when he returns?

Is Roethlisburger really that much of an upgrade over who you have now?
I have Rivers and Cutler now, so he is a good upgrade. I fully expect Bradford to target Lloyd a lot. That is the reason that they got him, to give Bradford someone to throw to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
Depends on if you're in a PPR or not.
Not PPR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post
Hold the phone. You trade Welker or Smith AND another of your receivers for Big Ben and the other guy makes out like a bandit. I would definitely advise against that. I definitely would not even trade just Welker or Smith for Big Ben. How deep is your league? Ben's a weak QB1. All of those WRs are real solid. Welker and Smith are WR1s, Maclin and Green are high end WR2s, and Lloyd is the only one there'd be some debate on but he's certainly a solid WR2. Who's your QB now? The only guy I'd trade for Big Ben is Lloyd, and that's only if my current QB was someone like Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, etc.
Well, I would also be asking for one of his D's. So it would likely be Smith plus for Big Ben and the D. You have to give to get. Nobody in their right mind would give up Big Ben for just Lloyd or Welker or Smith for that matter. I do have solid WR's, but I can only play 2 at a time, maybe 3 when one of my RB's is on bye. Why not trade a couple away to improve at QB? I have 4 top 10 receivers plus Lloyd and Malcom Floyd.

My RB's are Peterson and Rice, so I am good with trading away some wr's.

I am 7-1 on the season.

Last edited by TCNorthstars: 11-01-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old
11-01-2011, 08:47 AM
MJG

How did you get Rice and Peterson?

MJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:00 AM
TCNorthstars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
How did you get Rice and Peterson?
It is a keeper league that I have been in for a while. I drafted both of them in their rookie seasons. I always draft a couple of rookies that I think will be good.

Old
11-01-2011, 09:01 AM
MJG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNorthstars View Post
It is a keeper league that I have been in for a while. I drafted both of them in their rookie seasons. I always draft a couple of rookies that I think will be good.
Makes sense then

MJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 09:02 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Well, I would also be asking for one of his D's. So it would likely be Smith plus for Big Ben and the D. You have to give to get. Nobody in their right mind would give up Big Ben for just Lloyd or Welker or Smith for that matter. I do have solid WR's, but I can only play 2 at a time, maybe 3 when one of my RB's is on bye. Why not trade a couple away to improve at QB? I have 4 top 10 receivers plus Lloyd and Malcom Floyd.
I would trade Big Ben for Welker or Smith so fast I couldn't even put it into words. Ben is a low end QB1, and odds are whoever has him has a better QB that they're starting every week, making Ben's value to them very minimal. Smith is a legit WR1. You shouldn't have to trade a WR1 for someone's backup QB (unless it's Cam). I'd agree with trading Smith or Welker and someone for Rodgers, Vick, Cam, Brady, or Brees, or maybe even Stafford. Ben is not in that tier. You do have great receivers, but it isn't worth losing a trade just because you have so much depth. Maclin or Green straight up for Big Ben is more than fair. Granted this isn't the end all be all, but take a look at this chart that tries to break down trade value across positions.

Trade Chart

Old
11-01-2011, 10:18 PM
TCNorthstars

Quote:
I would trade Big Ben for Welker or Smith so fast I couldn't even put it into words. Ben is a low end QB1, and odds are whoever has him has a better QB that they're starting every week, making Ben's value to them very minimal. Smith is a legit WR1. You shouldn't have to trade a WR1 for someone's backup QB (unless it's Cam). I'd agree with trading Smith or Welker and someone for Rodgers, Vick, Cam, Brady, or Brees, or maybe even Stafford. Ben is not in that tier. You do have great receivers, but it isn't worth losing a trade just because you have so much depth. Maclin or Green straight up for Big Ben is more than fair. Granted this isn't the end all be all, but take a look at this chart that tries to break down trade value across positions.

Trade Chart
The guy declined. He even has Cam as his #1 and won't part with Ben. In my league Ben is the 6th best qb for fantasy points, ahead of Vick. Looking at that chart Ben is better than all the very good qb's. I know you said it wasn't the end all, but Tebow on the same level as Ben?

Old
11-02-2011, 03:22 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
The guy declined. He even has Cam as his #1 and won't part with Ben. In my league Ben is the 6th best qb for fantasy points, ahead of Vick. Looking at that chart Ben is better than all the very good qb's. I know you said it wasn't the end all, but Tebow on the same level as Ben?
The chart was made like 2 weeks ago, so admittedly things have certainly changed since then. This week will say a lot about Tebow's value moving forward. In 5 career starts Tebow's averaging 24. Even in what have been two absolutely horrible starts this year Tebow's averaging 20 (which is only two below Ben). Ben is 6th in fantasy points because he hasn't had his bye, whereas Eli, Fitzpatrick, and Vick all have, so realistically he's basically tied for 8 with Fitzpatrick, and I could easily see Romo or Rivers being as good from here on out. After this week Ben has virtually zero value for the guy with Cam, as the only way you'd ever start Ben over Cam was if Cam got hurt. The guy who declined Welker or Smith for Big Ben is insane. I could completely understand if Ben was his starter and his backup was Sanchez or something, but as a fellow Cam owner I can tell you I don't plan on sitting him after his bye this week. I have Romo as a backup and I'd trade him for any of your receivers in the snap of a finger (and I'd put Romo and Ben's value the rest of the year as very close).

Old
11-02-2011, 05:15 AM
TCNorthstars

Quote:
The chart was made like 2 weeks ago, so admittedly things have certainly changed since then. This week will say a lot about Tebow's value moving forward. In 5 career starts Tebow's averaging 24. Even in what have been two absolutely horrible starts this year Tebow's averaging 20 (which is only two below Ben). Ben is 6th in fantasy points because he hasn't had his bye, whereas Eli, Fitzpatrick, and Vick all have, so realistically he's basically tied for 8 with Fitzpatrick, and I could easily see Romo or Rivers being as good from here on out. After this week Ben has virtually zero value for the guy with Cam, as the only way you'd ever start Ben over Cam was if Cam got hurt. The guy who declined Welker or Smith for Big Ben is insane. I could completely understand if Ben was his starter and his backup was Sanchez or something, but as a fellow Cam owner I can tell you I don't plan on sitting him after his bye this week. I have Romo as a backup and I'd trade him for any of your receivers in the snap of a finger (and I'd put Romo and Ben's value the rest of the year as very close).
I hope Rivers can pick it up. He is my #1 qb at the moment. The guy won't trade Ben because he says he needs him this week and he is still close to or in a playoff spot. So I made a play for Cam with him. Who knows, there aren't many trades made in this league. I also doubt I can get a big time QB without having to give up something really significant like Rice or Peterson as this is a keeper league that only keeps 3 from year to year.

Last edited by TCNorthstars: 11-02-2011 at 05:26 AM.
Old
11-02-2011, 06:15 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
I hope Rivers can pick it up. He is my #1 qb at the moment. The guy won't trade Ben because he says he needs him this week and he is still close to or in a playoff spot. So I made a play for Cam with him. Who knows, there aren't many trades made in this league. I also doubt I can get a big time QB without having to give up something really significant like Rice or Peterson as this is a keeper league that only keeps 3 from year to year.
I hear ya, trades are always real tough in my league as well, and yours being a keeper league certainly adds another dimension to it. I understand him not trading Ben this week as he definitely needs him with Cam on the bye, but after that I don't see why he wouldn't make the trade. I understand why he doesn't want to trade Cam as he'll likely keep him next year, but I just don't see Ben having much value to him after this week. I don't know what the deal is with Rivers. I figured that offense would just dominate this year. Sure Mathews, Tolbert, Gates, and VJax have all been banged up at various times, but I don't see why Rivers hasn't at least been producing as he has in the past. My guess is when the season's over we'll find out about some injury he was fighting all year.

Old
11-02-2011, 06:46 AM
TCNorthstars

Quote:
I hear ya, trades are always real tough in my league as well, and yours being a keeper league certainly adds another dimension to it. I understand him not trading Ben this week as he definitely needs him with Cam on the bye, but after that I don't see why he wouldn't make the trade. I understand why he doesn't want to trade Cam as he'll likely keep him next year, but I just don't see Ben having much value to him after this week. I don't know what the deal is with Rivers. I figured that offense would just dominate this year. Sure Mathews, Tolbert, Gates, and VJax have all been banged up at various times, but I don't see why Rivers hasn't at least been producing as he has in the past. My guess is when the season's over we'll find out about some injury he was fighting all year.
I guess I'll be ok riding it out with Rivers. I won the league last year with him as my QB. Maybe Cutler(my #2) will start to step up. I am sitting at 7-1 right now without playing Green or Lloyd in a single game.

Should I play Green at Tenn or Maclin at CHI this week?

Old
11-02-2011, 07:37 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Should I play Green at Tenn or Maclin at CHI this week?
Man that's tough. I can see why you wanna trade someone so you don't have to make these decisions each week. Lol. Both have had very similar production this year, and both the Bears and Titans have given up 11 passing TDs. I have a feeling last week was the beginning of the Eagles beginning to roll, so personally I'd go Maclin. Most rankings would have Green higher though.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:21 AM
WalterHeisenberg

vCash: 133
trade Lloyd and Welker

WalterHeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote