HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The First 10 Games... Better/Worse than Expected?

View Poll Results: At 3-6-1 how does the team's record compare to what you expected?
Right where I thought they'd be after 10 games. 32 36.78%
Exceeding my expectations. 2 2.30%
The team is achieving below what I expected. 33 37.93%
Still too early to tell... ask again after 20 games. 20 22.99%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-01-2011, 02:26 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Admit it, you quoted me since you saw "Wheeler...has been pretty awful" and instantly agreed....
You got me! You won't see the name Wheeler on the back of my Jets jersey.

Last edited by sipowicz: 11-01-2011 at 10:14 AM.
sipowicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmanPat1919 View Post
Evander Kane needs to learn to pick the corners on his shots, and his snipe in tonight's game against Florida certainly made me very content that he'll figure it out. Despite a sluggish start Kane has the support around him to eventually lead the team in goals this year.
Years 20 and 21 should be for learning , so I don't expect a finished product yet. As for his sluggish start , I agree it hasn't been as sharp as could be or wanted , however I feel that 50% of that has been out of his control. His ice time in the first half of these games was puzzling to say the least , totally don't agree with Noel on that.

That was a great shot , terrific to see him score from there , but he will score the majority of his goals from in close imo , and he has been going to the net well. He's all right , he should be and will be much better , imo.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:41 AM
saskganesh

voted below, largely due to the poor start. But I really like how the team is trending during this roadtrip.

saskganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Lux Aurumque*

I wasn't expecting this team to be very good at all, but we've definitely been worse than I expected.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:10 AM
chancemc

i thought we have been decent actually. rly deserved to win the nyr and the toronto game, and the tampa game could have went either way. .if we win just 2 of (conservative)those games were 6-5 with only 4 home games played so far.

i rly dont think were as bad as everyone is saying. just need to tighten up the D. i think we can stay in the playoff hunt for a while.

either way this team has got to be one of most entertaining teams to watch this year.

chancemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 02:16 AM
teucer

Little has done exactly that... Little. This guy used to be a consistent 30+ goal scorer in OHL. He needs to find his A-game.

You can't compare Wheeler to Little. Little is supposed to be playing good. Wheeler is streaky and not a top goal scorer. Wheels will be putting them in soon.

The team is doing slightly worse than I expected but only by a hair. Couple games they should of had in the bag. But I have faith they will get better over time. I'm hoping they can sneak into the last spot for the playoffs win or lose, I'll still be happy and expectations will be met.

teucer is offline   Reply With Quote