Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Game #11 - Winnipeg Ghosts at Florida Witches

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Of the Panthers, I am looking forward to seeing Gudbrandson and Kulikov. I was hoping to see Markstrom as well, but it looks like it with be Theodore in tonight.

Old
10-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post

I know it's Halloween and all but I can't imagine throwing little milk chocolate balls at the opposition will do much other than provide them with a tasty treat as well as a mild sugar rush

PS. Don't search "Whoppers" with your search filter on anything but Strict
Damn it Lynk...

Old
10-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Boooooth10

vCash: 500
Completely forgot McArdle was traded to your team. How has he been?

Old
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Thanks for stepping up and doing the GDT last minute, Holden. Very nice job.

The Captain Obvious statement of the day? This is a must win for the team on this trip

10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
He's a player that we can dress in a jersey to make sure we hit roster minimums.

Not much else beyond that.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Huffer

Quote:
I was surprised at how well he could skate. I was expecting someone one notch above a knuckle dragger when I saw his stats. In the few games he has played, he has brought a lot of energy and physicality.

I see him as an injury replacement for our 3rd and 4th line wingers. Maybe earn a spot with some inspired play.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:08 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Thanks for stepping up and doing the GDT last minute, Holden. Very nice job.

The Captain Obvious statement of the day? This is a must win for the team on this trip
I agree a loss tonight would really hurt in terms of having a successful road trip. I do think Florida is an improved team, and I look forward to seeing the new look tonight.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Radek4Scoring
Holy Mackenoe!

Send a message via AIM to Radek4Scoring Send a message via Yahoo to Radek4Scoring
Panthers Fan Here, Just wanting to wish you canadian fans a happy canada day and happy halloween . Good Luck! should be a great 1st matchup!

Old
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM
MadMen88

Florida is looking a lot better than I can remember them to ever be. Perhaps even better than their roster that went to the finals. That being said, its still early, and Winnipeg hasn't let it spiral too far out of control yet...so I agree(at 3-6-1), there has to be a sense of urgency against teams like Florida, in particular, when we lose against teams like Tampa in nail bitting fashion two nights ago.

Old
10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek4Scoring View Post
Panthers Fan Here, Just wanting to wish you canadian fans a happy canada day and happy halloween . Good Luck! should be a great 1st matchup!
Welcome, I like the festive post and attitude you are bringing...but Canada Day is on July 1st...happy halloween though!!

Old
10-31-2011, 02:06 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Considering he's only played 3 games with limited minutes he's doing about as well as a couple guys on the number one line who have played 10 games and see 15-24 minutes per game, in fact he has as many goals as two of them, one who has done very Little and the other a bit of a Wheeler with absolutely NO hockey sense.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Welcome, I like the festive post and attitude you are bringing...but Canada Day is on July 1st...happy halloween though!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek4Scoring View Post
Every day is Canada Day!

Or at least... It's a great day to be Canadian! (I try and keep a sunny outlook on life)

Old
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Of the Panthers, I am looking forward to seeing Gudbrandson and Kulikov. I was hoping to see Markstrom as well, but it looks like it with be Theodore in tonight.

This is a big break for us, Markstrom is 4th in the league with a .945 save percentage and he is 11th in the league with a 2.11 GAA. This young gun is one of the top up and coming goalies!! not meaning to disrespect Theodore but we are facing a back up again tonight for the 3rd time in four games and that is not a bad thing. Probably the upside of ranking close to the bottom

I was hoping for a split in Florida but now I am feeling a shootout loss which would put us at .500 for the road trip

Old
10-31-2011, 02:38 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
There's no reason we shouldn't win this game. I'll be disappointed with anything less than two points.
well there are one or two reasons WJG, we are playing a team on the road that has been better than us so far this season

We can compete with anyone though and the league is pretty even so I will keep the chin up like you and remain optimistic

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 10-31-2011 at 02:46 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old
10-31-2011, 02:46 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

Quote:
well there are one or two reasons WJG, we are playing a team on the road that has been better than us so far this season

We can compete with anyone though and the league is pretty even so I will keep the chin up like you and remain optimistic
Right now we're 28th in the league, meaning almost every team is better than us so far this season...except Boston

Seriously though, I can understand losing to a team like Tampa Bay or Chicago. But a game against the Florida Panthers is one we have to win if there's any hope of playoffs this year. That said, the team has been playing much better as a unit and I think that, unless Theodore puts on a clinic, we can and will win this game.

Old
10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
[/B]

This is a big break for us, Markstrom is 4th in the league with a .945 save percentage and he is 11th in the league with a 2.11 GAA. This young gun is one of the top up and coming goalies!! not meaning to disrespect Theodore but we are facing a back up again tonight for the 3rd time in four games and that is not a bad thing. Probably the upside of ranking close to the bottom

I was hoping for a split in Florida but now I am feeling a shootout loss which would put us at .500 for the road trip
I agree, I should have been more specific. I wanted to see Markstrom from a hockey fan perspective (haven't seen too much of him, highly touted, etc), but from a Jets fan perspective I am not upset about facing Theodore instead.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
[/B]

Thanks for the Markstrom compliment! He is our future and awesome.

Jose was signed to be the starter, and he played solid in the buffalo win, so you are seeing the starter. However no one will be surprised if they end up splitting the games by the end of the year. Jose has stated he realizes one of his roles is to mentor Markstrom.

Just a little background for those interested.

Again good luck tonight.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:32 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine36616 View Post
I was repping old school in Nashville this weekend. Happy Halloween!

Hat Trick for Burmi, I picked him up for my fantasy team!

Old
10-31-2011, 03:35 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Happy Canada Day to one and all!!!!

GO JETS GO!!!!

Old
10-31-2011, 03:35 PM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Damn it Lynk...
Yep, those are definitely whoppers.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:40 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Thanks for the Markstrom compliment! He is our future and awesome.

Jose was signed to be the starter, and he played solid in the buffalo win, so you are seeing the starter. However no one will be surprised if they end up splitting the games by the end of the year. Jose has stated he realizes one of his roles is to mentor Markstrom.

Just a little background for those interested.

Again good luck tonight.
Thanks for the clarification from what I have been reading and hearing about Markstrom so far I had assumed he had eclipsed Jose already.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Also, what the hell happened to Maxwell? At first I thought he was injured, but apparently not.

I didn't think his game had him playing poorly. In fact he was winning quite a few key faceoffs. I also didn't think McArdle was even really outplaying him at all.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:48 PM
EmersonBeatemEtem
Watcha gonna do!!!!

Gonna be at the game tonight. Hopefully the Jets rebound. This Panthers team is really fun to watch though.

Old
10-31-2011, 03:53 PM
ps241
Drunken rant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
Right now we're 28th in the league, meaning almost every team is better than us so far this season...except Boston

Seriously though, I can understand losing to a team like Tampa Bay or Chicago. But a game against the Florida Panthers is one we have to win if there's any hope of playoffs this year. That said, the team has been playing much better as a unit and I think that, unless Theodore puts on a clinic, we can and will win this game.
Good point and I get where you are coming from in the context of "if we want to make the playoffs" we need to beat the teams we are closer to.

I was listening to Ken Holland today on Sirius XM centre ice and he was discussing the parity in the league now and with the great coaching, scouting, salary cap, and player development he feels the teams are all so much more even now. He said the difference at the end of this year between the 2nd best team in the west and the 10th best team in the west will be one win a month. It got me thinking that really we need to go into every game expecting to win. for me so far biggest disappointment comes from lack of effort more than the result, although I hate losing. The thing I have noticed more now than ever especially 2.0 vs 1.0 is the parity.

Seems like if this Jets team shows up with a solid effort they can compete any night in any building.

Old
10-31-2011, 06:11 PM
DarthMonty
Jurassic Park baby

WTF Shaw??? Blank screen for the pre-game show??? MTS is looking better and better with each game.

Closed Thread