HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Dustin Penner

Old
11-05-2011, 07:37 AM
seafoam

vCash: 70
To NYI: Penner, Greene

To LA: Comeau, Okposo

(when and if Nino can come up)

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Umm, how can you say Wang wants to stay under the floor when they threw all that money at Erhoff. Sometimes the rationale on this board is scary unintelligent.
Because he had to spend that money anyway to get to the cap floor. That's why the Islanders acquired Rolston.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 12:49 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
It's almost comical the way people are completely giving up on Bailey. Other players from that draft class are also "regressing" and yet most people would be thrilled to get them.
Josh is Josh, regardless of what happens to anyone else. He is not only not getting better in his play, but playing worse. Is there something else going on? Did he become a party boy like many NHLers do once they get lots of cash all of a sudden? I don't know what the deal is, but something is obviously wrong with him because he isn't even progressing, he is sliding backwards. Some players make it to the NHL level and perish. If you have been following the league or played to any extent you know it happens. This kid looks more and more like he is one of the ones who simply couldn't get his head around the pro game and is drowning in the process. If you want to save his game, maybe we have to try and sneak him through waivers to the Bridge. Maybe they would have been better off offering him 3 million and then sending him down to work without any pressure knowing no one in their right mind would claim him at that price, just to save his career. And before you throw up a bunch of names that blossomed late, know I can throw up a bunch of names that didn't. I get your side of the argument, I just don't think it fits this individual.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote