Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Maelmoor
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Maelmoor
What a defence AIK would have got...

Im a huge fan of AIK, now playing in Division 1 (Elite, Allsvenskan, Division 1). If they would have been in SEL they would got an amazing team, at least the defence but im sure they would got som quality NHL beside those who have played before for the club. These NHL players would have joined them:

Goalie:
Miika Kiprusoff

Defence:
Dick Tärnström - Nicklas Hävelid
Mattias Norström - Henrik Tallinder

Forwards:
Michael Nylander

and we would never have lost prospects as Yared Hagos, Fredrik Hynning, Andreas Jämtin + some others...

Just cause of a poor managment that couldn't control the economy

Old
09-19-2004, 01:11 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

That is impressive and even though I'm a fan of another stockholm club (the only one playing in the SEL) I think that what happened to AIK is very sad (and bad for Stockholm hockey). I don't really know how it works but didn't this bancrupcy thing come from the fact that the mother club took over the debts from the soccer team?

Old
09-19-2004, 01:30 PM
Tampa GM

AIK lost today in the first game of the season against Mälarhöjden/Bredäng infront of 700 people with 6-4. Anders Gozzi the GM of AIK said that AIk would be back in the Elitserie within 5 years, I have my doubts though.

Old
09-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Fredrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa GM
AIK lost today in the first game of the season against Mälarhöjden/Bredäng infront of 700 people with 6-4. Anders Gozzi the GM of AIK said that AIk would be back in the Elitserie within 5 years, I have my doubts though.
They wont be back at all. The club cannot be promoted from division 1 until the club has paid back its debt and that will not happen for at least 25 years. If it was only a case of needing to transfer the playing rights this would have been done during the summer. They cannot transfer the rights due to the debt.

Closed Thread