HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Johansen staying in Columbus

View Poll Results: Should Ryan Johansen stay with the Jackets or be sent back to the Winter Hawks?
Yes 60 82.19%
No 9 12.33%
Does not matter to me 4 5.48%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Everyone knows how I feel about keeping RyJo here this year but even I will give it more than another failed game to see if keeping him here was worth it or not. This will be judged over the entire season not just another miserable display by the home team. He is here to stay, no way they send him back now. And if the do send him back it will be time to occupy Nationwide for complete mismanagement.
Same here. While it's nice to see Johan playing well now, sooner or later he's going to figure out that he's one of the few making the effort to pull on the rope in this season-long tug of war and will eventually say to himself "why bother". That's my fear for him being here this season.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:13 AM
AreYouHockey

Just give this kid 18 minutes a game and powerplay time and a shot at the calder. It's the only way he doesn't get poisoned by this losing spirit.

AreYouHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DohDog View Post
Just give this kid 18 minutes a game and powerplay time and a shot at the calder. It's the only way he doesn't get poisoned by this losing spirit.
And how does this get our team in the playoffs and a chance to win the cup? There's only one trophy that I care about and it isn't the Calder. We already have a Calder winner on our team and how has that worked out.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 07:35 PM
BluejacketNut

Too bad we burned a year of this kids contract. This is the last place I want him to be, picking up the stench thats around this club right now. The world jr's cant come fast enough to get him away from this poison

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:19 PM
EdwardG
North!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Same here. While it's nice to see Johan playing well now, sooner or later he's going to figure out that he's one of the few making the effort to pull on the rope in this season-long tug of war and will eventually say to himself "why bother". That's my fear for him being here this season.
That's exactly why I didn't think he should be up here and why I thought it was doubly idiotic to burn a worthless year of his entry deal. Now he gets to play with all these gutless players and learn to be a loser.

EdwardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
That's exactly why I didn't think he should be up here and why I thought it was doubly idiotic to burn a worthless year of his entry deal. Now he gets to play with all these gutless players and learn to be a loser.
I was one of the biggest supporters of sending him down but let's not jump to conclusions that he is going to become "teh suck" as well. I'm going to enjoy watching him now that there are not many other things to be excited about with this team.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Nanabijou
Playoffs back at Nat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
I was one of the biggest supporters of sending him down but let's not jump to conclusions that he is going to become "teh suck" as well. I'm going to enjoy watching him now that there are not many other things to be excited about with this team.
I agree Byrral. I also was skeptical about him staying, but what's done is done so I have to suck it up and try to get some enjoyment out of my remaining tickets by watching Johansen.

Nanabijou is offline   Reply With Quote