HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official NFL Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2011, 06:54 PM
McDonaghisGod
Oh, the pain!

vCash: 500
Huge win for the G-men! We own the Pats.

Old
11-06-2011, 06:56 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

i just went streaking around campus.

UNBELIEVABLE WIN. Eli is toooooo ****ing clutch.

Old
11-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Eli is so clutch its ridiculous. I believe he is a top10 qb
Easily top 10 QB.

What an amazing win, great way to start off this rough stretch.

UNSTOPPABLE

Eli Manning is

Old
11-06-2011, 07:19 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

If Rodgers wasn't playing at such an insane level, I'd say that Eli is an early MVP favorite

Old
11-06-2011, 07:46 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

ELI + Ballard(TE) = ELITE

Old
11-06-2011, 11:49 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
So happy right now. Jets win, and Giants beat the Pats.

Old
11-07-2011, 07:15 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

This is NCAA, but has anyone heard of what is going on with Penn State? Oh man is it ****ed up big time. Sandusky is a dirt bag and deserves to rot in hell

Old
11-07-2011, 08:20 AM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Sandusky is the lowest form of filth. Paterno and the two maggots that covered it up are equally culpable. I know Paterno immediately reported the activity to his superiors, but once you see that nothing is happening to Sandusky, you have a moral and legal obligation to force the issue and report it to the local authorities. Allowing Sandusky to keep his freedom when you know he is a disgusting, demented predator sickens me beyond comprehension. Penn State letting him keep his office and access to the program just makes it even worse. They should all rot in jail for the rest of their lives, and hell soon after.

Anyone who could harm a child like that, or aid those who do, deserves no mercy. How many more children had their lives ruined because these men chose to protect the prestige Penn State's football program at all costs?

Old
11-07-2011, 08:44 AM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Sandusky is the lowest form of filth. Paterno and the two maggots that covered it up are equally culpable. I know Paterno immediately reported the activity to his superiors, but once you see that nothing is happening to Sandusky, you have a moral and legal obligation to force the issue and report it to the local authorities. Allowing Sandusky to keep his freedom when you know he is a disgusting, demented predator sickens me beyond comprehension. Penn State letting him keep his office and access to the program just makes it even worse. They should all rot in jail for the rest of their lives, and hell soon after.

Anyone who could harm a child like that, or aid those who do, deserves no mercy. How many more children had their lives ruined because these men chose to protect the prestige Penn State's football program at all costs?
Wholeheartedly agree.

DEATH PENALTY the program! This is a kajillion times worse than monetary infractions.

There's an awful lot of guilt to go around that program. 13years later? Are you kidding me?

I hope there are some really good investigators working this story & EVERYONE that knew goes to jail.

Old
11-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

Really just dispicable, I can not believe that they would rather try and save face at the price of those poor young men. Idk about you, but if a coach ever tried any of that **** with me, i would have killed them. Now the younger kids did not have that luxury of being able to defend themselves, and it is sickening to think of the pain they have to go through

Old
11-07-2011, 09:04 AM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Really just dispicable, I can not believe that they would rather try and save face at the price of those poor young men. Idk about you, but if a coach ever tried any of that **** with me, i would have killed them. Now the younger kids did not have that luxury of being able to defend themselves, and it is sickening to think of the pain they have to go through
And Sandusky probably targeted those children that he thought were weak mentally or emotionally. He probably also used coercion or threats. I mean, none of those kids said anything for a long time. It took an intern actually catching him in the act for him to get found out.

What I don't understand is why the intern didn't confront the guy right then and there, and call the cops. If I ever saw anything like that, I would grab the nearest blunt object and beat the pedophile into submission, then call the cops. When did grown men get so cowardly?

Old
11-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Joe Pa needs to hang it up already. Dude is 84.

Oh, and what an unfortunate night to go to a Ranger game. Totally missed that epic Giants comeback, but the Rangers won too so I can't complain really.

Old
11-07-2011, 10:45 AM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Come on, man. I'm all for keeping things light, but this is different.

And Sandusky probably targeted those children that he thought were weak mentally or emotionally. He probably also used coercion or threats. I mean, none of those kids said anything for a long time. It took an intern actually catching him in the act for him to get found out.

What I don't understand is why the intern didn't confront the guy right then and there, and call the cops. If I ever saw anything like that, I would grab the nearest blunt object and beat the pedophile into submission, then call the cops. When did grown men get so cowardly?
I agree in principle but perhaps the guy thought he'd have lost the fight?

Perhaps he was afraid Sandusky would turn it around on him(with the kids help).

There were probably a gamut of thoughts & emotions hitting the kid when he saw it. I'd really like to hear his entire story ESPECIALLY with him remaining on staff. That worries me the most. Was he on staff to be kept quiet?

Terrible story. Congress gets involved in sports on much dumber things than this. I just hope it's given the proper investigation.

Old
11-07-2011, 01:18 PM
mullichicken25

in other news....anybody happen to see who is quietly sitting at the top of the AFC right now?

Old
11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
NYR510

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
in other news....anybody happen to see who is quietly sitting at the top of the AFC right now?

I'm withholding judgment on the Bengals and their "for real"-ness until they beat some good teams. All of their wins have come against teams who are marginal (with the exception of Buffalo) at best, and downright terrible at the worst (Jax, Indy, Seattle). It's tough to get a read on Cinci. How the games against Baltimore and Pittsburgh shake out will be very telling of just how good they are.

Old
11-07-2011, 01:46 PM
SherWood Lumber 76

Bengals look good, but lots of youth on that team, could easily fade as season goes on.

Q: Who's gonna win the AFC West?

A: No one wins being in that division this year.

Old
11-07-2011, 01:49 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

AJ Green is a beast. That is all.

Old
11-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

A lot of great young wide recievers right now just starting out their career. Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Torry Smith, Stevie Johnson just to name a few.

Old
11-07-2011, 02:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Jets special teams play continues to be ****ing awesome. Gotta love Westy.

It's just pain.
Old
11-07-2011, 03:27 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR510 View Post
I'm withholding judgment on the Bengals and their "for real"-ness until they beat some good teams. All of their wins have come against teams who are marginal (with the exception of Buffalo) at best, and downright terrible at the worst (Jax, Indy, Seattle). It's tough to get a read on Cinci. How the games against Baltimore and Pittsburgh shake out will be very telling of just how good they are.
certainlly they haven't faced great, or even good competition...but this is the NFL and it takes more than luck and a weak schedule to be 6-2 with a 5 game winning streak, plus winning on the road as much as they have

not to mention they were all but unanimously picked to be the worst team in the NFL

but nonetheless, the second half of their schedule is significatly harder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherWood Lumber 76 View Post
Bengals look good, but lots of youth on that team, could easily fade as season goes on.
entirely possible...and as i mentioned, their schedule gets a lot harder

but with the way their defense is playing, i feel like they can keep any game close enough to be winable

i think they can possibly split with the ravens and stealers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
AJ Green is a beast. That is all.
that he is...that he is

Old
11-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Who's watching MNF? I'm getting ready to mute my TV. Jaws and Gruden are the WORST! Don't think I've ever heard two people who enjoy hearing themselves talk more than those two.

Old
11-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Who's watching MNF? I'm getting ready to mute my TV. Jaws and Gruden are the WORST! Don't think I've ever heard two people who enjoy hearing themselves talk more than those two.
Yeah- John Gruden pretty much tries to sound favorable to everyone, he isn't very critical. Everyone is the greatest to him.

Old
11-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Yeah- John Gruden pretty much tries to sound favorable to everyone, he isn't very critical. Everyone is the greatest to him.
The most random player can make a nice play and this is what you hear: "Man! He is so good at getting into space and finding the open holes"

Old
11-08-2011, 01:08 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Patriots release Albert Haynesworthless

Old
11-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Patriots release Albert Haynesworthless
Go for it

I doubt the Giants have the cap space to sign him, but he'd be great in the rotation.