Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Finland
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Markus Granlund

Old
11-08-2011, 04:10 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Markus Granlund

Does anyone here have a chance to watch him? I see his numbers aren't mind-blowing right now, but I'm wondering if it's more a result of minutes/bounces, or if he's just in need of a lot more growth as a player.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:09 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

vCash: 500
I think it's mostly due to playing in a lot of different teams. Over the course of the season he's already worn the shirt of HIFK, HIFK juniors and Kiekko-Vantaa in Mestis.

He's not his brother, obviously, but after the little I've seen of him I can say he hasn't really looked out of place anywhere despite not racking up a great number of points.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 02:30 AM
YARR123

It's wasn't really expected of him yet, either. It's not easy to start producing points consistently as an 18-year-old in a tough pro league. Next year we should start expecting more offensive production from him.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Coil

He is doing fine. His team, HIFK, isn't the best place to be right now for an expendable junior who can get his chances next year. We have a team that's very expensive and we NEED results, so HIFK is basically ******** its pants while trying to make things work.

It would be best for Markus to be in another team right now, where he could get better minutes. He's played in HIFK's 4th and 1st line, neither of which are the right fits for him right now.

I've seem him play quite a few times this year, and he seems to be dangerous in the attacking zone but still has to improve his defensive game a bit. He is also very good in faceoffs.

PS. Next year will also be easier for him because of the fact that his brother will be gone. Can't imagine it being easy living in Mikael's shadow.

Last edited by Coil: 11-09-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: typo
Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 05:48 AM
bebl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coil View Post
Next year will also be easier for him because of the fact that his brother will be gone. Can't imagine it being easy living in Mikael's shadow.
Also next year there should be new coach....

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Coil

Assisted Finland's every goal against the Czech Republic in a U20- game in Vaasa yesterday. 5 assists playing in the first line with Teemu Pulkkinen. He's getting there.

Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:10 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coil View Post
Assisted Finland's every goal against the Czech Republic in a U20- game in Vaasa yesterday. 5 assists playing in the first line with Teemu Pulkkinen. He's getting there.
Haha sick. Thanks for the feedback everyone.

SmellOfVictory is online now   Reply With Quote