HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps vs. Ducks. 7:30 EDT. Verizon Center. 11.1.2011

Old
11-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Dirtbag59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
I found it

go to www.tsn.ca

watch the Caps Ducks highlights at the 2:20 mark...it`s on the main page right side with all the highlights for tonight

he looks back at BB and mouths " you fat **** "
Yes but how do you know he was saying something in english

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:15 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Yes but how do you know he was saying something in english
good point.....but then again if you were going to insult BB...fat **** comes directly to mind...no?

sure looks like that`s what he`s saying to me....maybe I`m dreaming.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:16 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
Looks pretty clear to me.

I'm not a BB fan, but Alex needs to step into line. It's clear he's not playing the system and he's struggling because of it. He said all the right things after the game, but displays like that really make him look bad, especially after such a pathetic game from him.
worse part is no one in the media or the main boards have picked up on it....he`ll get crucified for it. I ain`t going to post it on the main boards but it`s only a matter of time before someone does

I know he`s frustrated but when you`re the captain, you`ve got to restrain yourself.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:16 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

i will say this for 8. he says the right things afterward. whether it's from his parents, or his coaches growing up, or his personality, he does say the correct thing after the game. such as the interview w/ Jones, where he says that the 6 who were out there w/ goalie pulled 'was coach's decision, and it worked.' and more importantly, when he said third line 'was dominating' and 'deserved to be out there.' exactly right. i mean, you know his ego was probably still wounded, so, points to him for saying the right thing. anyway, he'll bounce back. he has more speed this year, and he looks hungry enough. he'll pot a couple next game or the game after.

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
I don't know. The way his mouth is positioned makes it fairly hard to tell. I can see how it looks like that, but I'm not totally convinced. Either way he's clearly angry.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:17 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Woah, was just watching the highlights and saw the clip of Ovi lipping off BB in the last minute there.

Yikes, that's not something that Ovi wants to be doing, and I think he knows that. But he has a point, why is he not on the ice in the last minute? I know he had a tough game, but he was still generating scoring changes. And I know the Caps scored which makes BB's decision seem correct, but TBH I think the team has a better chance at scoring with Ovi on the ice there. If you ran that final minute 100 times with Ovi on the ice and 100 times with Ovi on the bench, the squad with Ovi on it would score more times. I don't know of any other coach in the league that would bench their star player for the last minute of the game and for a bunch of OT. Not just for the immediate goal scoring probability implications, but for the long term player relationship implications. Yeah Ovi had a bad game, but he just came off a 2 goal night against Van. If you want to send your star player a message you do it in the second period, not the game deciding moment. Yikes... This would have gone over a lot differently if they hadn't scored.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Foy

There's no way he calls him a "fat ****" there. The second word is clearly not the f-bomb, it is a word that has a long A sound in it. Probably, something in Russian.

I did like that the TSN commentator noticed that Ovy kicked the puck to Backstrom. Someone else noticed that deceptive little flick.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:20 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foy View Post
There's no way he calls him a "fat ****" there. The second word is clearly not the f-bomb, it is a word that has a long A sound in it. Probably, something in Russian.

I did like that the TSN commentator noticed that Ovy kicked the puck to Backstrom. Someone else noticed that deceptive little flick.
I dunno man....it looks like it to me, but I could be wrong, it`s definitely not 100 % clear, but it sure looks like he`s saying "fat "something

Old
11-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyerlaw View Post
i will say this for 8. he says the right things afterward. whether it's from his parents, or his coaches growing up, or his personality, he does say the correct thing after the game. such as the interview w/ Jones, where he says that the 6 who were out there w/ goalie pulled 'was coach's decision, and it worked.' and more importantly, when he said third line 'was dominating' and 'deserved to be out there.' exactly right. i mean, you know his ego was probably still wounded, so, points to him for saying the right thing. anyway, he'll bounce back. he has more speed this year, and he looks hungry enough. he'll pot a couple next game or the game after.
Not to mention he has two 2 goal games this year already, one of which should have been a hat trick against the Canucks. For the most part he's fine offensively. Those high risk power dangles he tries though are probably what irked BB, also the VS crew did have a point about the defensive responsibility but they made way to big a deal of this.

I mean for God's sake the guy had a genius play on the GWG and yet it barely gets mentioned.

And not that I'm completely behind Ovechkin trying all these high risk dekes but just in case anyone forgot why he likes to use them, it's because when they work they produce goals like this.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:25 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Not to mention he has two 2 goal games this year already, one of which should have been a hat trick against the Canucks. For the most part he's fine offensively. Those high risk power dangles he tries though are probably what irked BB, also the VS crew did have a point about the defensive responsibility but they made way to big a deal of this.

I mean for God's sake the guy had a genius play on the GWG and yet it barely gets mentioned.

And not that I'm completely behind Ovechkin trying all these high risk dekes but just in case anyone forgot why he likes to use them, it's because when they work they produce goals like this.

I`m with you man....I think the media, league even Caps fans are slowly killing the explosiveness.....I`m sure he`s second guessing himself more than ever.

I`d like to see him be more responsible in his own end....but everytime he takes off down that wing, I usually get off my seat and say " GO OVI "

Old
11-01-2011, 11:26 PM
EvoLu7ioN

Another reason why that's an idiotic move from a coaching point of view is that having Ovi on the ice clears up more space for the rest of the team. Park him at the faceoff circle for the one timer and he'll automatically draw 2 defenders to him, it doesn't matter how good of a night he's having. If BB had half a brain he would draw up a play to make it look like Ovi is being set up for a 1 timer, when really the play if for somebody else. Sorry guys, but this was not a smart move by BB. They did manage to score so it goes under the radar, but wow.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Dirtbag59

Quote:
I dunno man....it looks like it to me, but I could be wrong, it`s definitely not 100 % clear, but it sure looks like he`s saying "fat "something
I agree. It was most likely fat ****. Still even if Ovi did say it he's directing it at a guy that on 24/7 said it's never to early for ice cream. BB doesn't really care that he's fat. Plus one thing we learned from 24/7 is that hockey players can say some pretty nasty ish. Ovi calling his coach fat was probably one the tamer things that was said on the ice tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
Another reason why that's an idiotic move from a coaching point of view is that having Ovi on the ice clears up more space for the rest of the team. Park him at the faceoff circle for the one timer and he'll automatically draw 2 defenders to him, it doesn't matter how good of a night he's having. If BB had half a brain he would draw up a play to make it look like Ovi is being set up for a 1 timer, when really the play if for somebody else. Sorry guys, but this was not a smart move by BB. They did manage to score so it goes under the radar, but wow.
Goes back to the old saying, when it works your a genius when it doesn't you're an idiot. Still even if you disagreed with that move he still deserves credit for being patient before putting the 19-8 forward pair on the ice in OT.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:28 PM
LetsGoBears

Most defenseman have caught on and know once Ovie gets close get your legs together.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:28 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
I agree. It was most likely fat ****. Still even if Ovi did say it he's directing it at a guy that on 24/7 said it's never to early for ice cream. BB doesn't really care that he's fat. Plus one thing we learned from 24/7 is that hockey players can say some pretty nasty ish. Ovi calling his coach fat was probably one the tamer things that was said on the ice tonight.
I agree totally, but I can see media jumping all over this....you can see it now.....color analyst coaches all over North America ripping him apart.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Woah, really? That's really bad if its true.

Great win tonight guys. Its always fun to watch your team play.
bah...he siad something, but I doubt it was that...

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Ovechkin may be able to generate scoring chances, but that's not going to be too relevant in a situation like the one tonight if the team can't maintain possession in the first place, an end to which Ovechkin was generally detrimental tonight. The third line is good at maintaining possession in dirty situations, like they did beneath the goal line before Laich passed the puck out to Carlson(?). Boudreau made the right choice, regardless of the fact that the Capitals scored.

Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:31 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

Quote:
basically i agree, but the 3rd line was so dominant tonite that i can also see the rationale for rewarding them w/ the final shift. and as you say, it did pay off, so it's hard to argue with that.

i love 8. i will always root for him forever, wherever he plays. i love the passion, the speed, the hitting, and the childlike joy over goals, even when it's a teammate's goal, not his own. still pisses me off, two years later, that they disallowed the Hal Gill Hood Ornament goal.

go, caps. till the end of time.

(can we hire Theo Epstein to replace GMGM?)

troyerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:32 PM
mrwarden
Nothing Witty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRASHCAT View Post
REGULAR SEASON MATTERZ GUYZ

09-10 LOL WUT?
Apparently it mattered after the first period, guyz.

11-01-2011, 11:37 PM
LetsGoBears

Dear lord. BB puts out the 3rd line and Backs because they were busting their ***** all night and actually putting point on the board and someone wants to criticize him? Even besides the fact that combo tied it up, it is the right thing to do.

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:40 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Three good:

1- Second half of the game. Caps completely dominated play
2- Third line was once again the best.
3- Backstrom with is best game in a while

Three bad:

1- 1st half of the game. No legs, no execution, defensive gaffes.
2- Ovechkin and Hamrlik were pretty terrible.
3- Special teams were completely ineffective. Come back soon, Greenie.

On Eakin, he rivals Mojo with his skating (I actually mistook him for Mojo a couple of times) but he was lost much of the time on ice. Needs more seasoning.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
You do that and you also cut off half the ice for the offense to shoot from. Defenders can still block shots even if they're covering Ovie. And do you seriously think the other team doesn't practice for stopping plays that don't go to option #1?

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Dear lord. BB puts out the 3rd line and Backs because they were busting their ***** all night and actually putting point on the board and someone wants to criticize him? Even besides the fact that combo tied it up, it is the right thing to do.
BOOM

Last edited by Vladiator16: 11-01-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Vladiator16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
On Eakin, he rivals Mojo with his skating (I actually mistook him for Mojo a couple of times) but he was lost much of the time on ice. Needs more seasoning.
Back with Johansson was with Brouwer and Semin, I'd frequently get all three mixed up. All the jersies that end in 0 (20, 50, 90) look similar when you can't get a good look, and 20 looked close enough to 28 that it was also an issue.

Old
11-01-2011, 11:46 PM
sunnydaycrash

so I tweeted the link to Stephen Whyno of the Times asking if I was dreaming or if Ovi cursed out BB.....20 min later he posts that he`s discovered a link and asks people to have a look at what Ovi is mouthing to BB.....friggin bonehead, not even a shout out

he`s a closet Flyers fan !!!!!

Old
11-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
he`s a closet Flyers fan !!!!!
Closet? That closet door must be wide open...