HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Prospect Ratings Under New System?

Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2004, 11:41 AM
blah

vCash: 500
Flyers Prospect Ratings Under New System?

When they are they going to be updated?

From the few I've seen, IMO:
Sharp - 7B
Seidenberg - 7B
Niittymaki - 7B

Old
09-03-2004, 02:52 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
When they are they going to be updated?

From the few I've seen, IMO:
Sharp - 7B
Seidenberg - 7B
Niittymaki - 7B
I agree with those rankings. Frank *might* have a Ken Wregget-ish career (why they list Hackett in there too as an example is beyond me).

Let's keep the comments on topic.

Old
09-03-2004, 06:26 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
hey, since i have some time to kill before 7:00, i'll chip in a bit.

Carter: 8A. He's been impressive at every level so far and was very good in the minicamp, no reason why that shouldn't continue

Richards: 7.5B. It's odds-on he could be a 2nd line center with 60 point potential, but a drop to a 30-40 point 3rd line guy isn't out of the question by any means.

Niittymaki: 7A. I'll stay with the A because rating 7 is only journeyman No.1 and I'm really bettting that Niitty can achieve that. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic here though, but I like what I see.

Sharp: 7B. I agree with your ranking there, he has that potential, but needs to have about a 20 point year this year. Hopefully more.

Seids: 7B. Close to a 7C IMO, size could be an issue here.

Ben Eager: 6.5A. I really think Eager can become a really good 2nd/3rd line player, and he backed that up with a really impressive performance at the minicamp.

Umberger: 7B. Talent is there for sure and he's put up big numbers, but what kind of effect will a year out of hockey have on him?

Ruzicka: 7B. He did have a heck of a 1st year and it looks like he has the skills, but let's just hope he isn't a 1 hit wonder, another good season in the OHL bumps him to a 7.5A hopefully, but we will see.

Drozdetsky. 6.5B. Put up good numbers in the RSL which is pretty hard to do, especially playing with men, but he hasn't played the NA game yet and who knows if/when he comes over.

Potulny: 5A. Got to include him cause he's one of my favorites, he has scored at all levels and at only a 5 rating, he deserves the A.

Old
09-03-2004, 08:59 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
hey, since i have some time to kill before 7:00, i'll chip in a bit.

Carter: 8A. He's been impressive at every level so far and was very good in the minicamp, no reason why that shouldn't continue

Richards: 7.5B. It's odds-on he could be a 2nd line center with 60 point potential, but a drop to a 30-40 point 3rd line guy isn't out of the question by any means.

Niittymaki: 7A. I'll stay with the A because rating 7 is only journeyman No.1 and I'm really bettting that Niitty can achieve that. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic here though, but I like what I see.

Sharp: 7B. I agree with your ranking there, he has that potential, but needs to have about a 20 point year this year. Hopefully more.

Seids: 7B. Close to a 7C IMO, size could be an issue here.

Ben Eager: 6.5A. I really think Eager can become a really good 2nd/3rd line player, and he backed that up with a really impressive performance at the minicamp.

Umberger: 7B. Talent is there for sure and he's put up big numbers, but what kind of effect will a year out of hockey have on him?

Ruzicka: 7B. He did have a heck of a 1st year and it looks like he has the skills, but let's just hope he isn't a 1 hit wonder, another good season in the OHL bumps him to a 7.5A hopefully, but we will see.

Drozdetsky. 6.5B. Put up good numbers in the RSL which is pretty hard to do, especially playing with men, but he hasn't played the NA game yet and who knows if/when he comes over.

Potulny: 5A. Got to include him cause he's one of my favorites, he has scored at all levels and at only a 5 rating, he deserves the A.
I'd give Eager a 7.5 C or D

Old
09-04-2004, 04:37 AM
blah

Agreed on Eager 1. If he develops his offense that'd make him a 2nd line PF. He seems to have everything else.

I don't see why it'd be a bad idea to give Potulny a higher rating. Maybe a 7D. He sounds like a boom or bust type of prospect.

Old
09-04-2004, 10:01 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
I don't see why it'd be a bad idea to give Potulny a higher rating. Maybe a 7D. He sounds like a boom or bust type of prospect.
Sounds like a decent idea.

Old
09-04-2004, 11:19 AM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
How about...
R.J. Anderson 7C
Rob Bellamy 6.5A
Ladislav Scurko 6A

Id give Niittymaki, an 8C.

I think i might be a little too high on Anderson, but he only scored 15 less points than Wheeler and he's a defenseman. Comparosins to Leopold!?!?!

Old
09-04-2004, 11:26 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurminen31
How about...
R.J. Anderson 7C
Rob Bellamy 6.5A
Ladislav Scurko 6A

Id give Niittymaki, an 8C.

I think i might be a little too high on Anderson, but he only scored 15 less points than Wheeler and he's a defenseman. Comparosins to Leopold!?!?!
I think you're right with Anderson because he does seem like that boom or bust kind of guy. Others seem about right although you might be a bit high on Scurko, he was only a 6th rounder I think.

Old
09-04-2004, 12:25 PM
User571

Send a message via AIM to User571
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
I think you're right with Anderson because he does seem like that boom or bust kind of guy. Others seem about right although you might be a bit high on Scurko, he was only a 6th rounder I think.
Yeah. Scurko would probobly be 5B- Ithink I was a little too high on him.

Closed Thread