HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJ: T.Sestito; ANA: M. Fraser; EDM: G.Brule (Re-Entry); NAS: B.Dupont

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-10-2011, 07:58 AM
  #651
Cooperalls
Oiler Fan!!!
 
Cooperalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Even if still had some NHL play left in him (which he sadly does not), he won't get claimed on reputation alone. Looked lousy on a disfunctional Oilers team for a couple years, had a reputation of being a cancer in that same locker room. Whether it's warranted or not, I doubt anyone will take a chance on him.

Cooperalls is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 08:43 AM
  #652
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringEvanderToTO View Post
did he clear yet?
i think its Monday at noon with the whole weekend rule

CLB and LA took a shot and failed, at some pt dude just needs to retire or suck it up and play in the AHL

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 08:45 AM
  #653
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringEvanderToTO View Post
did he clear yet?
Noon EST like every other waiver

Scottyk9 is online now  
Old
12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
  #654
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,450
vCash: 5700
He cleared

RT @lakingsinsider: Moreau clears waivers dlvr.it/zttgG

GKJ is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 11:51 AM
  #655
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
i think its Monday at noon with the whole weekend rule
What the rules are is

24 Hours (Noon EST) for any player placed on waivers on a weekday.
48 hours (Noon EST, the following day) for any player placed on waivers on a weekend day.

caley is online now  
Old
12-10-2011, 05:20 PM
  #656
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,893
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Can't believe Moreau cleared. Wonder if he'll be brought up on re-entry waivers at some point to give him a chance to play with another team.

thadd is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 05:23 PM
  #657
Touchet
Registered User
 
Touchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 87
vCash: 500
When Steve Yzerman acquired Dwayne Roloson last season he likely didn't even expect him to be such a cheap, reliable solution to their goaltending position; a position the organization has had a problem filling adequately since the departure of Nikolai Khabibulin back in the summer of 2005. What Stevie Y did know however, was that Rollie was most definitely only a short-term solution to their goaltending situation. Seeing as this is likely Dwayne Roloson's final year and the fact that he's really struggling (especially as of late) it appears to be the right time for the GM to seriously explore a replacement in between the pipes if the organization has any hopes of salvaging their season.

Within Tampa Bay there is obviously no internal replacements available and in my opinion out of the options available to Tampa Bay right now this is the best short-term and long-term solution:

To Tampa Bay:
G Jonathan Bernier
D Matt Greene
F Trent Hunter

To Los Angeles:
F Teddy Purcell
G Mathieu Garon
2nd round pick


The Kings have be underwhelming as of late and have not met the high expectations that have been placed on them this season. In this deal I feel they acquire some very good talent without greatly impacting their group as a whole. LA acquires Teddy Purcell who, at 26 years old is a 50 point winger just entering his prime that is overshadowed maybe too much by all the other firepower in Tampa and he could put their offence over the top. The Kings also replace Bernier by receiving one of the leagues steadier backups who happens to be a familiar face in Garon. With Quick's great play this year and last Bernier is definitely expendable. They also get rid of Trent Hunter who balances out the trade and who just hasn't been the player Dean Lombardi has hoped for. Another added bonus is this deal would clear up around $1 million in cap space that could be used at the deadline.

Tampa Bay acquires a young goaltender that can ease his way into the starter's role this year as Roloson is still capable of being a heavily played backup (if need be) and a mentor. Matt Greene who has seen his role and ice time decrease this year could also receive more playing time and help out the sometimes shaky Lightning defence as well with the change of scenery, so it could be a trade that really helps out their two top concerns: their goaltending and backend. This gives the Lightning a very scary young core moving forward. Stamkos as their cog at forward, Hedman as their defensive anchor and Bernier as their last line of defence. Jeez, they could be set for at least a decade if all goes well.

Touchet is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 06:36 PM
  #658
Stupid Sexy Flanders
Registered User
 
Stupid Sexy Flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchet View Post
To Tampa Bay:
G Jonathan Bernier
D Matt Greene
F Trent Hunter

To Los Angeles:
F Teddy Purcell
G Mathieu Garon
2nd round pick
LA can get MUCH more for Bernier alone. Purcell is nothing special.

Stupid Sexy Flanders is online now  
Old
12-10-2011, 09:25 PM
  #659
capebretoncanadien
Registered User
 
capebretoncanadien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,059
vCash: 500
To date Bernier hasn't been that special either....MUCH MORE?? I doubt it.

capebretoncanadien is offline  
Old
12-10-2011, 09:29 PM
  #660
Vomiting Kermit*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,562
vCash: 500
Moreau... couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. His last season here was one of the most pathetic by a captain in any sport I've seen ("there are scouts in the crowd so I tried harder"). Great attitude. Not surprised no one took him.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline  
Old
12-11-2011, 04:04 AM
  #661
gambitlebo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by capebretoncanadien View Post
To date Bernier hasn't been that special either....MUCH MORE?? I doubt it.
You do know that Garon and Purcell are former Kings, right?

Garon mostly struggled in LA and would be a downgrade in goal.

Purcell beyond struggled in LA and being the same coach/system is in place, I doubt anything would change.

Yes, Bernier alone is worth more than 2 former players let alone adding Greene.

gambitlebo is offline  
Old
12-11-2011, 01:50 PM
  #662
LaLaLand
Registered User
 
LaLaLand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchet View Post
When Steve Yzerman acquired Dwayne Roloson last season he likely didn't even expect him to be such a cheap, reliable solution to their goaltending position; a position the organization has had a problem filling adequately since the departure of Nikolai Khabibulin back in the summer of 2005. What Stevie Y did know however, was that Rollie was most definitely only a short-term solution to their goaltending situation. Seeing as this is likely Dwayne Roloson's final year and the fact that he's really struggling (especially as of late) it appears to be the right time for the GM to seriously explore a replacement in between the pipes if the organization has any hopes of salvaging their season.

Within Tampa Bay there is obviously no internal replacements available and in my opinion out of the options available to Tampa Bay right now this is the best short-term and long-term solution:

To Tampa Bay:
G Jonathan Bernier
D Matt Greene
F Trent Hunter

To Los Angeles:
F Teddy Purcell
G Mathieu Garon
2nd round pick


The Kings have be underwhelming as of late and have not met the high expectations that have been placed on them this season. In this deal I feel they acquire some very good talent without greatly impacting their group as a whole. LA acquires Teddy Purcell who, at 26 years old is a 50 point winger just entering his prime that is overshadowed maybe too much by all the other firepower in Tampa and he could put their offence over the top. The Kings also replace Bernier by receiving one of the leagues steadier backups who happens to be a familiar face in Garon. With Quick's great play this year and last Bernier is definitely expendable. They also get rid of Trent Hunter who balances out the trade and who just hasn't been the player Dean Lombardi has hoped for. Another added bonus is this deal would clear up around $1 million in cap space that could be used at the deadline.

Tampa Bay acquires a young goaltender that can ease his way into the starter's role this year as Roloson is still capable of being a heavily played backup (if need be) and a mentor. Matt Greene who has seen his role and ice time decrease this year could also receive more playing time and help out the sometimes shaky Lightning defence as well with the change of scenery, so it could be a trade that really helps out their two top concerns: their goaltending and backend. This gives the Lightning a very scary young core moving forward. Stamkos as their cog at forward, Hedman as their defensive anchor and Bernier as their last line of defence. Jeez, they could be set for at least a decade if all goes well.

Thats just bad.. And has zero evidence you put any thought into this trade from a kings perspective.. keep up the good work...

LaLaLand is offline  
Old
12-12-2011, 11:11 AM
  #663
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie FLA puts Tim Kennedy on waivers. TB puts Anti Miettinen on waivers. Obviously, signed from Europe.
http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...75139053563904

jfb392 is online now  
Old
12-12-2011, 12:39 PM
  #664
xECK29x
Moderator
 
xECK29x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Coram, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
Kennedy has been waived what 5-6 times the last 3 years?

xECK29x is offline  
Old
12-12-2011, 12:52 PM
  #665
PanicItsVanek26
Registered User
 
PanicItsVanek26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Portage, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Kennedy has been waived what 5-6 times the last 3 years?
He's an idiot. He had it made in Buffalo, playing for his home team but he got greedy and Buffalo bought him out.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline  
Old
12-12-2011, 01:06 PM
  #666
Edler4Norris
Nucks / Flyers
 
Edler4Norris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Edler4Norris Send a message via MSN to Edler4Norris
There are so many teams who could use the type of talent that Antti Miettinen offers. Quite interesting he was waived.

Edler4Norris is offline  
Old
12-12-2011, 01:09 PM
  #667
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler4Norris View Post
There are so many teams who could use the type of talent that Antti Miettinen offers. Quite interesting he was waived.
He had to be waived because he's signing an NHL contract after playing in a professional league outside of North America at some point this season.

jfb392 is online now  
Old
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
  #668
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks
 
Rivet52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
He had to be waived because he's signing an NHL contract after playing in a professional league outside of North America at some point this season.
Correct. Miettinen has to clear return waivers to come back here and join the Lightning. Any other team can intercept him and pluck him off of the waiver wire just like regular waivers and like I said in the other thread, I see last year's return waiver antics all over again in this. However, Miettinen got a two-year contract, so the two years may scare teams away from claiming him.

Rivet52 is offline  
Old
12-13-2011, 10:57 AM
  #669
Guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,810
vCash: 200
Canes/Checkers G Justin Peters will be on re-entry at noon, per Canes beat writer.

Guy is offline  
Old
12-13-2011, 10:59 AM
  #670
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,091
vCash: 50
Gotta say, as an Isles fan I'd be interested in Miettinen.

Kevin27nyi is offline  
Old
12-13-2011, 11:01 AM
  #671
DG
Registered User
 
DG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
Gotta say, as an Isles fan I'd be interested in Miettinen.
You guys would be interested in stealing a guy off of waivers.

(For the record, I'm in the Isles were in the right for Nabokov camp)

DG is offline  
Old
12-13-2011, 11:11 AM
  #672
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates
 
Going Back to Cally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: St.Pete, Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 28,633
vCash: 169
He was claimed by an unnamed team.

Going Back to Cally is offline  
Old
12-13-2011, 11:15 AM
  #673
xECK29x
Moderator
 
xECK29x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Coram, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,846
vCash: 500
Isles, Isles, Isles (please)!

xECK29x is offline  
Old
12-13-2011, 11:22 AM
  #674
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'
 
Marty Straka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,835
vCash: 500
I guess even 2 years at 1.5 and NMC didn't save TB from losing him...

__________________
Marty Straka
Twitter: @JT_YosH
Marty Straka is offline  
Old
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM
  #675
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,196
vCash: 500
Rumor is that it was Winnipeg (According to Eric Erlendsson)

caley is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.